Is reservation necessary for Whispeing Canyon Cafe?

susanccr

Earning My Ears
We'd like to be able to just go eat when we want to and not have to be tied down with a certain time to be there. So if we just show up for lunch with no reservation, what are the chances we will get a table (4 of us)? Or is it reservation only?

If I were in your position, and it wasn't peak time of year, I'd be ok with the gamble. I'd plan on looking on MDE and making a reservation for 15-30 minutes away as I was preparing to travel to WL, and if for any reason it was not available, I'd have to be ok with eating somewhere else such as counter service.

Like others have said, if you are ok with not getting in, give it a shot.

But I would try to make an ADR day-of as so far this trip every restaurant I have been waiting to be seated at has turned walk-ins away. Even Kona Cafe said no to 3 groups - and one was only one person.

It depends on the time of year. We stayed at WL last August and walked up to WCC three times (twice for breakfast, once for lunch) as a party of 2. We then stayed at CCV the week before Christmas (party of 3) and they were not accepting walk-ups at all. When we tried to walk-up for breakfast, it was a no-go, so we made an ADR for breakfast for the next day.

Thanks to everyone for your advice! I think I will try to get ADR as opposed to walk in just to be safe. On our past trips I have always planned out everything. Now that the kids are older I'd like to just go with the flow and do whatever we want when we want, but I realize that's not completely doable.

Why not make a reservation on the app on the day before taking the time to travel there.

1) ADR's are always a good idea.
2) For WCC, they almost always can take walk-ins with only a little wait.
3) NOT A GUARANTEE, but a *usually* type of statement.

I agree making a reservation is a good idea, even if you wait and do it the day before or morning of the day you want to have lunch there. Better than making the trek over and finding out they can't take you! Although a visit to the Lodge is never a waste of time :) On our stay there last Aug. we did have a lunch reservation for 12:30 but it was very empty and they were taking walk-ups, but as others have mentioned you can't really guarantee they'll always be doing so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter