Is Qantas Premium economy worth it??

Willow25

DIS Veteran
For those who have traveled vis Qantas Premium economy or V Australia premium economy is it worth it?? Also if I want to use points to upgrade how do I know if I have a full economy ticket?

It is about double the Virgin price so I find it hard to see how it would be worth that much more. Seats, entertainment and food/drink all seem pretty similar.

I trying Virgin's in Feb/March and can let you know if it isn't too late. This is because of what I said above and I am a Qantas gold FF.

What I can tell you is that Qantas Business Class is no better than many airlines and, in my opinion, is behind several others such as Cathay, Emirates and Singapore despite the price premium they charge.

For those who have traveled vis Qantas Premium economy or V Australia premium economy is it worth it?? Also if I want to use points to upgrade how do I know if I have a full economy ticket?

We are doing the same thing as you and using points to upgrade to premium economy on our Qantas flights in September. I could not find out anywhere on the internet what classified a discount economy fare as it does make a difference on the points required.

Even the qantas staff seemed a bit confused when I rang. In the end I booked with a TA (My wife's cousin who got a discount) and he arranged the right type of tickets and request for upgrades. I gave him my Qantas Club membership detials and he did the rest.

AussiePJ is right as far as entertainment in concerned on Qantas flights its the saem all the way through only difference is the screen and controls. Meals are slightly better in Premium Economy and defintiely more leg room. I think you get more difference depending on the type of plane you fly.

Two weeks ago I flew to the USA on business. On the way over I was on the ewn A380 and on the return flight a 747. Whilst I flew business class both ways it was like chalk and cheese. The A380 is so quiet and smooth. The seat even had a back masssager in it. The 747 in comparison was noisier and much less comfortable.

The entertainment system on the A380 had 2 to 3 times more choices than the 747 options. Which is very important for a person who never sleeps on a place.

We will be flying premium economy next week so will let you know.
We were lucky enough to book with FF points on Vaustralia and with a 25%bonus when transferring points from our Amex it worked out costing us 54000 points. Originally we had booked our flights with qantas at a cost of 48000 points. So for an extra 6000 points a ticket we are flying PE:cool1:

My kids don't know yet, so it will be a surprise, they still think we are flying economy

We travelled premium economy recently using points, ended up using a qantas consultant to assist us. It was great from the point of view that you had more leg room, slightly better food, and you sit two across which is great if you have an even number of travellers (you don't need to get up to let people out or climb over others). Although, even with all this we didn't sleep more than a few hours on the way over here!

We were upgraded to VA PE on the return leg on $900 return tickets! The only benefit of PE IMO is the legroom and recline. On the return leg it's mainly a sleeping flight so I loved it, but is it worth double the cost......NO!

VA Economy is pretty good in the legroom and width. Especially when travelling with family where you can spread out a little and there are no personal space issues.

We just flew VAustralia premium economy. We liked it and for the price would definately fly again. As far as the regular VAustralia seats go, the are SO much more comfortable than Qantas and the service was much better too.

Although our trip going over on VAust had much better service than our return VAust flight. Coming back the service was almost non existant and the bathrooms, going over they were immaculate the whole flight, coming back they were grubby so not kept clean by the crew.

But still, I thought VAusts premium was great and being cheaper than Qantas would not thing twice about travelling with them again.

We have just returned home from our 5 weeks away.
We flew premium economy with Vaustralia over to LA and were very happy with it, the seats were very comfortable and the leg room was great.
On our way home we flew economy from Fiji to Syd with V Australia and were also extremely impressed with the economy seats, the plane looks so spacious the staff were great and the seats way more comfortable than Qantas.

I would definitely recommend V Australia premium economy:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter