Is Pixar Play Zone staying?

In addition to the above info. This info was sent with the confirmation email.

Reminders:
  • Experiences on boat may be cancelled due to inclement weather, but do go out in rain and cold. Umbrellas, ponchos and sunscreen are not provided.

Program will be modified due to inclement weather.

• Must be independent with their toileting needs. (Children in diapers or pull-ups are not admitted.) Must be able to play well with others. Must be able to feed themselves. Must not require individual supervision or one-on-one attention.

• Dinner is served between 7:15 pm and 7:45 pm each night. Children must be checked-in by 5:30 pm to participate in the dinner service.

• There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.

• Late arrivals will be able to join the experience. Guest are free to arrive/leave at their convenience however there are multiple experiences that happen throughout the event and we suggest taking advantage of the complete offering. The cost is a flat fee regardless of the arrival/departure time.

• Check in 30 minutes prior at Disney's Beach Club Resort at the Seaside Retreat which is located next to Beach Club Marketplace

• Life vests will be provided and required when on board.

• Guests are not permitted to bring their own food or beverages.
I get that people are disappointed about pixar playhouse stopping, we are too and were really disappointed when lilo and stich playhouse closed. My children are excited about tryjng this new option after enjoying the albatross cruise. I hoped that people would find the info helpful

The information is helpful, I’m just honestly baffled by Disney thinking it’s a good idea to accept kids as young as 4, put them on a boat, and specify that they can’t need individual attention. Giving a four year old on a boat individual attention seems like common sense to me.

The information is helpful, I’m just honestly baffled by Disney thinking it’s a good idea to accept kids as young as 4, put them on a boat, and specify that they can’t need individual attention. Giving a four year old on a boat individual attention seems like common sense to me.
I agree. I would not let my children participate in this without parent supervision- I honestly am concerned about safety given all of the places they are going through out the resort and the boat. I would be concerned of a child getting lost or left as well as bathroom concerns. In my opinion never should a child be alone with a care provider so what happens if my child has to go to the bathroom while they are out...will 2 providers be able to leave the group? I knew something was up with pixar - I could not book my dates and checked as soon as dates opened up that reported "no availability." I do not understand who thinks this is a good option.

A bit disappointed they have moved this to an Epcot resort. I understand Epcot seems to have a larger selection of adult oriented restaurants, so potentially more parents utilizing it but a 4yo and boat is a bit eeek. Why not throw the boat portion as end of day activity? Kids with the parents and Illuminations viewing on Crescent Lake?

I really do not understand this change at all. The Pixar Play Zone really sounds like a lot of fun and we had been planning on it for our two boys for months...

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and were planning to do a dinner at O'hana, so obviously going to Beach Club/Yacht Club is not overly simplistic for our purpose.

I really think our kids would actually love this, honestly. However, I still think it is short-sighted to cancel the Pixar Zone...

Well, this is disappointing to hear. I was looking at Pixar Play Zone for my two girls for our spring break trip next year....maybe feedback to Disney will switch it back to Pixar Play Zone by 2020 but if not, there is no way we would do this. I don't feel comfortable with my 4 year old being on a boat without me. No way, hard pass.

Looks like we will do a family dinner at California Grill instead.

Thanks for the information, though!

Well, this is disappointing to hear. I was looking at Pixar Play Zone for my two girls for our spring break trip next year....maybe feedback to Disney will switch it back to Pixar Play Zone by 2020 but if not, there is no way we would do this. I don't feel comfortable with my 4 year old being on a boat without me. No way, hard pass.

Looks like we will do a family dinner at California Grill instead.

Thanks for the information, though!
Exactly- family dinner :)

Has anyone found a link to the offering mentioned above - "Captain Hook's Pirate Crew"? I searched, but didn't find anything. Odd that if it's starting next month there is nothing on the Disney website. I find it really hard to believe that Disney is going to take a boat full of kids out without parents...just sounds like a terrible idea.

I too am trying to plan a parents' evening out for August and was hoping to book the Pixar Play Zone for my kids. I hope that if they get rid of that option that they start a new service that doesn't include taking them on a boat.

I have been calling and calling because I have been hoping for a reservation in late July. This is one of the things my daughter specifically asked to do again. It also worked out well for my husband and I to have a date night. I'm not even going to mention the Pirate Crew to her if it is true that this is meant as a replacement for the Pixar Play Place. I don't like the idea of my child being out on a boat without me. I also don't like that the time frame is shorter. I've been toying with the idea of Camp Dolphin but it doesn't seem special to me. The Play Place seems special and different. If it is in fact true that Pixar Play Place is being discontinued, I think we'll probably end up cancelling our Yachtsman's Steakhouse reservation that my husband and I were very much looking forward to and take our daughter to either The Wave or Ale & Compass instead.

We've used Kids Nite out twice (during the same vacation) and LOVED it. They ate a quick dinner in the room, went down to the arcade (they can eat out if they want to as well), and crashed by 8:30/9:00. What I loved about the inroom service was that they could go to bed early, we could stay out late, and not worry about transporting them everywhere. My kids are 6 and 3 so they didn't need much entertaining outside of what they did, and they watched shows in the room too. We will definitely use them again, even when my extended family joins just to give the grandparents some help :)

Disney already does take a boat of kids without parents on the Pirate Adventure Cruise, which has really good reviews. It is a small group though, I wonder if this will be larger. Since the Pirate Adventure Cruise is around $40, this seems like its not a bad value in comparison. It is an additional $15 but includes a character meet and a meal.

Maybe its a club level offering as it is offered to me through disney signature service.

Attachments

• 434AAC21-4068-4424-B488-58F813CB2B4C.png
    434AAC21-4068-4424-B488-58F813CB2B4C.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 49
The boat part doesn’t necessarily scare me but it just isn’t that great of an offering. All I have seen is how great Pixar is, it’s 2019 high time to move on from pirates. The demand wasn’t even there for the Jake show. Not sure I’d even do this even if the two singers were on the boat.

Sad to see another kids club go, but I do believe it makes sense to at least have something on the Epcot side for childcare in the evenings. There are a lot of restaurants on that side of Disney that would not appeal to my youngest. He'd rather go to a place like the kids club. 8:30 is early though.

Maybe its a club level offering as it is offered to me through disney signature service.

Maybe :confused3 Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I believed you, just found it odd that there is nothing about it on the site. I called late last week about Pixar Play Zone and the person I spoke to didn't mention anything about the pirate thing. Just said to keep checking and they just hadn't opened dates yet. So I'm still hopeful they will continue offering Pixar Play Zone.

We did Pixar Play Zone last year and my girls loved it. However we did food and wine and got stuck on the monorail and almost didn’t make it back to pick them up. We were thinking it would be nice to have one over at the Epcot area too. Maybe they will keep both and we can have 2 date nights.

This pirate thing sounds like an awful idea. I can't imagine many parents would be comfortable with their young kids, like a 4-year-old, getting on a boat without them/individual adult supervision. I wouldn't want a CM walking them around the resort, either. I'd want to know where they are (safely in one place).

We miss the Poly kids club (brought my oldest there and had a wonderful experience... we were looking forward to bringing both kids together once my youngest was old enough). We would have tried the one at the Contemporary on our next trip now that my youngest is 4, but I wouldn't book this new one for them.

I called 3 times over the past month to try and book for my April vacation, it was never available and then last week when I called the cast member had just gotten notice that it was cancelled and being “replaced” by the Captain Hook thing at Beach Club. Starting on 4/28. My kids did the play zone last summer and loved it and now we are staying at the Contemporary so would have been perfect. The Captain Hook thing at a different resort and only 3.5 hours long! I wish maybe they had put some effort into advertising the play zone before deciding it didn’t work....even finding it to drop the kids off was challenging...no real signage even in the hotel lobby.

I called 3 times over the past month to try and book for my April vacation, it was never available and then last week when I called the cast member had just gotten notice that it was cancelled and being “replaced” by the Captain Hook thing at Beach Club. Starting on 4/28. My kids did the play zone last summer and loved it and now we are staying at the Contemporary so would have been perfect. The Captain Hook thing at a different resort and only 3.5 hours long! I wish maybe they had put some effort into advertising the play zone before deciding it didn’t work....even finding it to drop the kids off was challenging...no real signage even in the hotel lobby.

Im really pleased you were given the same info as i!

I dunno.... I have a 5 year old high functioning autism son who is pretty obsessed with Captain Hook so we might check this out when we come in May. When we did the Pirate and Pals cruise in December for his 5th birthday, he actually cried tears of joy when he saw Captain Hook. Would I go leave the resort and head over to Epcot and try to drink around the world while he's doing this? NO. No... I'm a helicopter Mom, I will happily be drinking from a nearby bar/lounge somewhere inside of Beach Club if that's where this is located. I wouldn't think of this as a date night for myself and my husband, I would think of this as an experience my son would enjoy since he is very extroverted and enjoys being around other children and is an only child. It would be an expensive play date I am paying for that Captain Hook shows up at too. It is a shame the Pixar Play Zone isn't taking on more dates, don't seem like they gave it much time to take off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter