Is opting out of housekeeping still a thing?

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
Can’t find any recent posts about this. Are they still offering the $10 a day to opt out?

If so, any recent experiences?

Can’t find any recent posts about this. Are they still offering the $10 a day to opt out?

If so, any recent experiences?

I read a post where somebody said it was only $5/night at Pop now...I hope that's not the case, i already have plans to use ours to buy a banshee and perch and as we all know those things aren't cheap lol :faint:

Just got back from pop Monday and it was $10/night. We did it and had no issues keepingnour room clean or getting towels etc

Just got back from pop Monday and it was $10/night. We did it and had no issues keepingnour room clean or getting towels etc
Thanks for sharing. Curious about trash bags? Did they leave extra in the cans? Or should I plan on packing a few plastic shopping bags from home? This is my main concern.

Did this last week at POFQ. It was $10 a night(minus one night). Housekeepers brought new towels when requested. They never came to empty our trash as I had read some people say, but it wasn't a problem.

Somewhat related question - if you do not decline housekeeping and allow housekeeping in to clean each day, do they still do a separate security check? Or is the housekeeper entering considered the security check?

While not a 100% guarantee that you would also have a security check during the day, it is very unlikely that you would visited again if mousekeeping enters your room.

Dave

Thanks for sharing. Curious about trash bags? Did they leave extra in the cans? Or should I plan on packing a few plastic shopping bags from home? This is my main concern.

I was worried about trash bags but we just used bags from purchases and Disney gave me a few plastic bags when we changed rooms so I had plenty. I took big trash items (empty beverage containers etc ) out whenever I left the room and put in the big bin near my room. Whenever the trash can got full I took the bag out to the big trash bins. We reused bath towels usually twice so every couple days I left a couple bath towels rolled up outside our door. Housekeeping was always around then and immediately picked them up. We had bath puffs so didn’t use many washcloths. I took a wet/dry swifter and quickly swept the floor as needed. Only took a couple minutes. I used a Clorox wipe to wipe off surfaces as needed. We didn’t make our beds - just pulled sheets/blankets up fairly neatly - but got clean linens since we had to change rooms mid stay. I spent very little time on it and our room was actually very clean when we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter