Is on-property worth it?

I'm also looking to go to DLP next summer before my Med cruise and have narrowed it down to either Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay, but am leaning toward Sequoia for the extra savings. I'm not even considering staying off property. Last time I went I stayed for two nights at Hotel NY and found the walk to the parks to be very convenient. I want to make sure I stay longer this time so I'm looking at likely 4 nights, especially since I won't have my VIP fast pass from ABD so I need to actually factor in waiting in some lines. I will definitely do 4 if I manage to book in time to get the early booking discount they're promoting right now for my dates, which gives you 4 nights for the price of 2.

I'm also looking to go to DLP next summer before my Med cruise and have narrowed it down to either Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay, but am leaning toward Sequoia for the extra savings. I'm not even considering staying off property. Last time I went I stayed for two nights at Hotel NY and found the walk to the parks to be very convenient. I want to make sure I stay longer this time so I'm looking at likely 4 nights, especially since I won't have my VIP fast pass from ABD so I need to actually factor in waiting in some lines. I will definitely do 4 if I manage to book in time to get the early booking discount they're promoting right now for my dates, which gives you 4 nights for the price of 2.

Yeah, I'm hoping our retro pay comes through on the first paycheck in October so I can take advantage of that.

Yeah, I found that thread. Ew. So sad as Disney usually leads the way in terms of food allergies. Looks like I'll be packing a few boxes of Luna bars and living on those and water for a few days. Or just forget DLP all together.

I thought I'd let you know I did gluten free at DLP last year. I would agree that they are terrible with allergies, I didn't even bother to mention it anywhere. I also didn't do any sit down restaurants. I ate most of my meals at Earl of Sandwich (thank god for that EOS). I had a salad there almost every meal. Other than that I pretty much ate French Fries in the park. I did have a meal at their equivalent of Village Haus and had a roasted half chicken and french fries. It was gluten free, but the most dry and tasteless chicken I have ever had. I ate a lot of Luna bars and other packaged snacks, but it's doable. I had a great time.

I do recommend staying on site. I was a single woman and walked part of the time, and I was at Santa Fe so the furthest hotel from the parks. You are always on Disney property when walking. Of course, anything can happen, but I felt safe, even in the dark. It was also nice to take a 5 minute bus ride if I didn't feel like walking.

Have a great time!

Thanks! I hate Earl of Sandwich, but I'll figure something out. Lol.

Thanks! I hate Earl of Sandwich, but I'll figure something out. Lol.

Haha! I don't know then...I don't think I could have done it without Earl of Sandwich haha. It was a lifesaver. There were also a lot of places I wanted to try that were closed when I was there, so you may have better luck than me.

Haha! I don't know then...I don't think I could have done it without Earl of Sandwich haha. It was a lifesaver. There were also a lot of places I wanted to try that were closed when I was there, so you may have better luck than me.

Thanks! I'll figure it out I'm sure.

Honestly, I am a Disneyphile and I like staying on property - for me it is just all part of the "Disney Experience" - I like walking to the parks - not leaving the "Disney bubble" so to speak. Just my opinion. When I do stay offsite at Disneyland Paris it is usually at one of the partner hotels like Magic Circus or Dream Castle which are so close they almost feel onsite.

When i went in 2001, my minibar door fell!!!!!! at Newport
not Disney standards by any imagination

#firstworldproblems

There is also a Vapiano in the Disney Village that has nice salads (and pizza and pasta which most definitely are not gluten free).

There's also a couple of feeder hotels near DLParis that have buses that run direct to the village such as International Dream Castle or Circus Circus. They tend to be cheaper than the actual Disney hotels (check Expedia for price difference). There is an accommodation tax to be paid when you are there but it isn't too much (can't remember exactly how much offhand). They are about a mile from the front gates and while the buses are busy, they run every 20 minutes or so in a continual loop till several hours after the parks have closed as well.

I've always stayed at one of these hotels rather than in a Disney property as just couldn't justify spending the extra money (when I could spend that in the parks instead!). Closer than Val De Europe area (And don't need to take the train along to the Disneyland stop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter