• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is new inventory still being added to VGF?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Just curious since I had to waitlist for early Nov. Are there still rooms being added to inventory as they are completed and/or sold? I remember that being the case at BLT when they first opened - many waitlists were filled as more rooms were added to inventory. Anyone know or remember more clearly than I do how that works?

bjakmom said:
Just curious since I had to waitlist for early Nov. Are there still rooms being added to inventory as they are completed and/or sold? I remember that being the case at BLT when they first opened - many waitlists were filled as more rooms were added to inventory. Anyone know or remember more clearly than I do how that works?

If they sell the 75% of points they declared before opening sales then they will have another declaration and add rooms to the points inventory.

From the DVC News, Article Grand Floridian Boosts Direct Sales in June 2013

Disney Vacation Development has declared 75.85% of the Grand Floridian villas for the DVC inventory. All six grand villas have been declared, as well as 68 of the 94 two-bedroom vacation homes. This means that on any given Use Day up to 75.85% of the resort can be booked by members using points. There are 26 two-bedroom vacation homes that have not been declared for the DVC inventory. Until these 26 vacation homes are declared for the DVC inventory, Disney can use them as it pleases, including for cash reservations by the public.

I think it will be a number of weeks before more points are declared. Sales are strong for VGF but they are not going to sell 75% of the current declared points in 3 months. It might be possible in 6 months but we'll have to wait and see if the frenzy dies down after the resort opens.

BTW, DVC does not only rent to DVC members from the units declared. In the case of VGF they will retain 24% of the points and if they want to rent cash reservations for GVs using those points they will. And DVC members reservation villa can be located anywhere within VGF. So you could reserve a 2BR and it could end up being on the 6 floor, which hasn't been declared into inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter