Is MDE wrong or is MK really struggling today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
POC just blipped off to a Star right as I opened it. I was curious, that’s crazy! Everything is down, maybe a power outage?

Yea bunch of lightning, 40+mph wind, and possibly rain predicted for today. We're under the same warning further south. Time will tell if anything comes of it

Anyone seen the American Dad episode where they visit Familyland and they "shut it all down"? That is what I'm picturing Magic Kingdom to be right now.

I do hope everyone stays safe with all this weather and I'm sure aggravated crowds!

At what point would they decide to evacuate the parks? Does anyone know?

Answering my own question after doing a bit of googling...

It's a Tornado Watch, meaning no tornado has been spotted, it's simply that the conditions are ripe for one.

If lightning is close by, outdoor rides will close.

If an actual tornado is spotted nearby, people can be moved quickly into the utilidors. Apparently there are security protocols in place for this.

Otherwise, it's business as usual during a Tornado Watch. The parks do not close, and people are not evacuated, even if there's a tornado nearby (as long as they're not in the immediate path).

At what point would they decide to evacuate the parks? Does anyone know?

Answering my own question after doing a bit of googling...

It's a Tornado Watch, meaning no tornado has been spotted, it's simply that the conditions are ripe for one.

If lightning is close by, outdoor rides will close.

If an actual tornado is spotted nearby, people can be moved quickly into the utilidors. Apparently there are security protocols in place for this.

Otherwise, it's business as usual during a Tornado Watch. The parks do not close, and people are not evacuated, even if there's a tornado nearby (as long as they're not in the immediate path).

I hope that things being closed will get people to leave the park. Even though they have protocols I imagine that the more people that leave the park the safer and smoother things will go should something need to be put in place.

Disney has guests shelter in place. The last time this happened a few years ago, guests were moved into all indoor attractions and TS restaurants.

The current Tornado Warning was in effect through 3:00p with golf ball-sized hail predicted. Disney won’t evacuate under those conditions; it’s basic safety to move everyone to an indoor venue.

I hope that things being closed will get people to leave the park. Even though they have protocols I imagine that the more people that leave the park the safer and smoother things will go should something need to be put in place.

Well... Most people do leave when the weather gets ugly.

Us, though, we tend to stay and enjoy the lower crowds. Even when the outdoor rides are closed, there's still a lot to see and do, especially in the Magic Kingdom.

I expect those indoor theatres are quite solidly built.

I'm thinking because of the utilidors the Magic Kingdom is one of the safest places you could be. I wouldn't want to be sent out to any form of transportation, or my hotel room.

Well... Most people do leave when the weather gets ugly.

Us, though, we tend to stay and enjoy the lower crowds. Even when the outdoor rides are closed, there's still a lot to see and do, especially in the Magic Kingdom.

I expect those indoor theatres are quite solidly built.

We are the same way, fighting our way through the crowd exiting while we pull out our ponchos. I agree that the theaters have to be built well, it just seems like a scary situation to have everything full with tense frightened guests. I know I personally would be a little more uneasy crammed inside with a bunch of people rather than trying to get back to my hotel room :scared:

Disney has guests shelter in place. The last time this happened a few years ago, guests were moved into all indoor attractions and TS restaurants.

The current Tornado Warning was in effect through 3:00p with golf ball-sized hail predicted. Disney won’t evacuate under those conditions; it’s basic safety to move everyone to an indoor venue.
Would not want to be in CP this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter