Is mailing a package to resort still ok?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
It’s been quite a few years since I have mailed a package to Wdw.

I’m hoping with heightened security I can still do this for my June trip.
This is my DD sweet 16 trip, she is bringing 3 friends and they each have there own favorite snack, cereal etc.
I was planning on just shipping everything.
We will be staying at BLT if that matters
Thanks
Kerri

I did so at VGF in late January, wasn't an issue beyond going to the business center and paying about $5 for "handling"

I did so at VGF in late January, wasn't an issue beyond going to the business center and paying about $5 for "handling"
Nice!
Hmmm So I guess they don’t deliver to the room anymore. In the past bell services would deliver it.
Thanks
Kerri

Nice!
Hmmm So I guess they don’t deliver to the room anymore. In the past bell services would deliver it.
Thanks
Kerri
Prime now gets dropped off at Bell services but packages at least at GF go the business center.

Similarly at BWV packages will go to the business center. I didn’t have to pay the handling fee because they were small envelope sized deliveries.

Last I heard, it depends on how you send the package.

If you "mail" it (U.S. Postal Service), it first goes to a central receiving facility, then it goes to the front desk of your resort. You need to leave extra time for the extra step. Disney charges $5 as a handling fee: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

If you "ship" it (Fed Ex or UPS), and your resort has a Convention Center, it will go to the Convention Center Business Office. You can pick it up at the Business Office. I believe you can try calling to have it delivered to your room once you are in your room, but I have not tried this. OP, I believe if you ship to BLT it will to go the Contemporary's Convention Center Business Office. The Convention Center Business Office charges a handling fee which is based on the weight of the package: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

If you have it "delivered" (Amazon Prime Now, Garden Grocer) it will go to Bell Services. There will not be a handling fee, but many people tip Bell Services. Once you are in your room, you can call and Bell Services will bring it up.

Last edited:

If you have it "delivered" (Amazon Prime, Garden Grocer) it will go to Bell Services. There will not be a handling fee, but many people tip Bell Services. Once you are in your room, you can call and Bell Services will bring it up.

Amazon Prime NOW delivers to Bell Services, as they are the fresh grocery delivery arm of Amazon. Regular Amazon Prime shipped packages will go through the business centers or resort system and there will be a fee.
Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime NOW are two different services.

Last edited:
Last October my suitcase split down the front while I was staying at SSR and my options were to drop $200 for a new Disney suitcase, or have Amazon mail me a roll of duct tape for $10 (free 2-day delivery w/Prime membership) + $5 fee to pick up from resort desk.

Guess which option I chose!

(I did buy a new suitcase when I got home but my options at home are much less limited than they are on property at WDW!)

Amazon Prime NOW delivers to Bell Services, as they are the fresh grocery delivery arm of Amazon. Regular Amazon Prime shipped packages will go through the business centers or resort system and there will be a fee.
Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime NOW are two different services.

You are right and I edited my post.

A few years ago now I had Oxygen equipment shipped to me at BCV via FedEx. It was delivered to the YC Convention Center. My husband went to pick it up when we arrived Saturday afternoon. To his dismay the a Convention Center was closed. He found a WONDERFUL CM who went in the back and found it and personally delivered to our Villa with him. She would not take a tip. She saved us. I needed it
We now drive all the way from MA and bring what I require with us.

Often the resort front desk CM's can access the business center storage area to retrieve packages.

:earsboy: Bill

Wow thanks everyone for all the detailed answers:-)
In the past I have shipped via UPS.... front desk has bell services deliver when I am in room. I remember some hoopla now about a fee and convention area(didn’t pay then).
I will be shipping UPS again and it seems the fee for my package will be $10. For that I hope they are delivering it to room! I always tip but I bet that delivery guy gets none of the $10.
Anyway.... amazon now delivers fresh food. Good to know! Is this putting garden Grocer out of business?
Thanks
Kerri

Last edited:
Last October my suitcase split down the front while I was staying at SSR and my options were to drop $200 for a new Disney suitcase, or have Amazon mail me a roll of duct tape for $10 (free 2-day delivery w/Prime membership) + $5 fee to pick up from resort desk.

Guess which option I chose!

(I did buy a new suitcase when I got home but my options at home are much less limited than they are on property at WDW!)
Just had to quote this......
I love to see duck tape used properly:p

Any first hand experience with the cost to ship a box - weight? I don't know.... sneakers, clothes - whatever a suitcase usually weighs without incurring extra costs.

Shipping anything these days is expensive. If you ship a package to the resorts, you will be charged a handling fee by Disney Resorts or the Convention Center. The only exceptions seem to be fresh food grocery deliveries or Owners Lockers that are handled by bell services.

Last edited:
Shipping anything these days is expensive. If you ship a package to the resorts, you will be charges a handling fee by Disney Resorts or the Convention Center. The only exceptions seem to be fresh food grocery deliveries or Owners Lockers that are handled by bell services.

SW discontinued most of the direct flights from my home airport. The only 2 left are first and last of the day. First is out because I need sleep more than almost anything. Getting up at 3:30 a.m. just isn't worth it.

I am flying last of the night to minimize the risk of lost luggage- which has its own risks not to mention room availability with a really late arrival.

There is, however, a cost I am willing to pay to reasonably ensure my stuff is delivered as expected. And, if not, there is time to adjust and take counter measures. (put stuff in a checked bag)

As long as there is plenty of time between your flights, I'd say the chance of lost luggage is pretty slim. The only time luggage arrived late was when my originating flight left late and there was only a few minutes to get to the gate for my next flight. My luggage took the next flight, and rather than have the airline try to deliver it to my house 40 miles from the airport, I just went for dinner in San Antonio, went back to the airport and got my luggage...the airline gave me $25 for dinner. :) While I prefer non-stop, yes, SW discontinued a lot of their non-stops from San Antonio as well, and I'm having to change in Atlanta for my trip next month. If you use the check-in at the resort for your luggage for the return trip, there is even the possibility that your luggage will arrive at your home airport before you do on an earlier flight. It has surprisingly happened to me a couple of times, and it was waiting off to the side of the baggage carousels.

As long as there is plenty of time between your flights, I'd say the chance of lost luggage is pretty slim. The only time luggage arrived late was when my originating flight left late and there was only a few minutes to get to the gate for my next flight. My luggage took the next flight, and rather than have the airline try to deliver it to my house 40 miles from the airport, I just went for dinner in San Antonio, went back to the airport and got my luggage...the airline gave me $25 for dinner. :) While I prefer non-stop, yes, SW discontinued a lot of their non-stops from San Antonio as well, and I'm having to change in Atlanta for my trip next month. If you use the check-in at the resort for your luggage for the return trip, there is even the possibility that your luggage will arrive at your home airport before you do on an earlier flight. It has surprisingly happened to me a couple of times, and it was waiting off to the side of the baggage carousels.

I have more tolerance for a luggage delay on a the trip home - not buying souvenirs from WDW nowadays. Snow prevented our guests from flying home a few years ago. No problem! They could stay with us for more days - we had a GV. Hours of crazy trying to track down the luggage. They had a baby - we had some supplies from their checked luggage for the ride home ( expected 3 hr flight not two days) It was the one trip we didn't have a car. Thankfully, they had a positive attitude and $$ to purchase supplies from the General Store.

We are considering an Owners Locker to minimize some of my pre-trip anxiety. Oh, I don't worry about burglaries at home or planes falling out of the sky. I obsess about which bldg, my FP and having my stuff* with me. Not wanting to run out to buy another pair of $130 sneakers (no choice) or new undergarments or, god forbid, trying to find a bathing suit in Florida.

*Medications, money, credit always in carry-on. The technology age has seriously cramped my carry-on style. With the tablet, phone and requisite chargers + work issued laptop, Mi-Fi, work phone and chargers, there is almost no space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!