• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is lunch at the castle worth two credits?

LAWalz23

DIS Veteran
My niece really wants the castle and we have done breakfast numerous times and don't care for the dinner menu. Thanks!

YES..our crew loved it! And I would highly recoment the Major Domo Pie! :thumbsup2
PS..it is VERY easy to split counter service meals to make up for 2credit dinning! It was a shame the amount of food we threw away, :sad2: as we could not eat it all!

I have not dined at the castle, but I've seen more threads on this topic than I can count.

Most people seem to think that it is NOT worth the two credits. Many people pay for this meal OOP and save their credits for meals they think are a better DDP value.

Thanks for the info. I think we will probably use the two and split some CS, also niece and nephew want to go to the huge McDonalds by the All Stars.

Is that McD's really that large? :confused3 I have been in there a few times and to me it just looked like a McD's.
There is also a McD's in DTD by the Lego store.
I think there is a McD's off I4 nearer USO that boast being the largest or best or something like that. But it is a McD's.

I haven't used the dining plan (AP/DDE holder), but I did eat (dinner) at the castle on my last trip.
If your heart is set on eating at the castle, I would just pay out of pocket and then use the 2 credits at a better restaurant. The price for lunch at the castle is $33.99 for adults and $22.99 for children. Just looking at those numbers it does not make any sense to use 2 TS credits for it.

Simple reply, no, it's not worth 2 CS. Be aware, if you do go and choose to use the dining plan you MUST use the dining plan for everyone. The new rules do not let you pay oop or not let the kids eat.

Since the castle is so crowded and popular, they will automatically charge your dining credits for every person in the party.

Also if you pay OOP you will still be charged for all members of your party at the time of booking. So while it may "cost" less OOP than 2 TS credits, your party will not be able to share entrees paying OOP either.

Personally, the food is mediocre at best, but the ambience is at least worth one meal. I'd try it and see for yourself. Good luck!

just dont eat the sandwich, it is horrid. DH and DD really enjoyed the soup tho.

My wife and I have been there for both the Breakfast and the Dinner and each time we were disappointed in the food. Not the best that Disney has to offer. I will say though that I am glad that we experienced it. Everyone talks about it and we had to do it. The last time we went it was onour Honeymoon and we thought it would be romantic, it was. They took care of us and sat us by the window that faces out. We felt we were there all by ourselves. The food is just not anything to write home about. I say try it if you want to have the experience.

According to the menu, the lunch has an appitiser served family style, how does that work with a single diner?

They bring out a tray with the appropriate number of each type of appetizer based on your party size. For one, you would get one piece of each offering. For the cheese, you get a smaller piece.

It's the same as the family style dining places--the amount they bring is based on the number of people in the party.

I don't know about breakfast but I do not think it is worth 2 credits for dinner. I am glad that we went last year when it was just 1 credit because I don't think we will be going there again at 2 credits. WDW knows that they have location, location, location on their side and with limited supply increased the cost of going. If you absolutely have to eat in the castle then make the decision based on what you think about the cost. If on the other hand its just another interesting place to eat at Disney then I would pass at 2 credits.

I just posted this on another thread...before you say it isn't worth 2 TS, figure it out...

I actually played out different scenarios using the CRT breakfast and either paying OOP for it and using the TS for other restaurants or using 2 TS per person for CRT and paying OOP for other meals and/or having the children share some meals (which for a 3 and 6 year old is a better use of TSs - they share happy meals at McDonalds and we still have food left over :rolleyes: ). We have 2 adults and 2 children in our family and it still worked out better $wise to use double TS for CRT and pay OOP/share for other meals. I think you really need to look over the menus and see what you'd order at the different restaurants and play around with the $ amounts.

I have not been there for lunch but did go to breakfast 2yrs ago and dinner last year when it was 1TS during free dining.

The breakfast was wonderful because it was dd's first interaction with princesses and her 3rd b-day so it was heaven and totally worth it to us. Last year we went to dinner and waited about 40min to be seated which initially we were very annoyed with, but it did get us to watch the fireworks from the dining room which was very nice. I thought the shrimp cocktail and prime rib were very good. Not top of the line steakhouse good but wasn't expecting it either. DD loved her sundae with a chocolate crown on top!

So overall we have had very positive experiences there. That being said, there is no way I would waste 2 TS on any of those meals. If DD had never been in the castle before then yes, we probably would but not only does it take too many points away, I find it to take too much park time away. Between the wait and dinner, it was 2hrs 15min which is just too long.

So if your neice has never been in the castle before, then I would do it - if she has I would do Princess Storybook Breakfast or 1900 Park to see the princesses in a different setting and waste less points....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter