• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is late Oct. a good time to go?

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of vacationing in late Oct. as we have never seen the Halloween festivities at any of the other parks, but how is that time of year for Sea World/DC? Too cold to swim? Attractions shut down? We have never been and would hate to miss out.

October is not a bad time to go. I went during Halloween 1999 and the park was very quiet. Things kind of picked up in the afternoon, but I remember attractions seemed a bit deserted during the morning. I don't recall the park being overly crowded, though.

:)
October is a great time to go. The weather is slightly cool early morning and evening, we went late October in 1999 and the parks were quiet, waiting time minimal. We loved it sooo much going again in October this year. Of course you can swim at that time of year, especially mid-day onwards.:)

I guess for DC we could always choose the wetsuits if the water is chilly :)

Am I reading these posts correctly and tickets to DC come with free admission to SW?

Awesome:)
The last time we were in FL, they were revamping a big show, I think Shamu?, and so we didn't bother to go to SW then. But after hearing so much about DC I was hoping we could do both and see everything!
Cheers :)

We have gone in October or early Nov the last 4 years and it has always been great! Did dc last year w/ds (8) and dd (6). Water was cold at first touch but you get used to it. Sea World has never been too crowded for us at this time of year; we have always thought sw was much less crowded than the disney parks. We have also gotten the second day free the last few years.
If you do choose to go to DC the 7 days at sw can be used both before and after your dc visit. just take your confirmation letter w/you to sw if you go their before dc.
We even go to the beach (st.pete) and have always been able to enjoy the ocean (gulfside) at this time of year.

It's a great time to go - we'll be there in November this year - on our previous 6 trips we've always liked October or November - the weather is fine without being oppressive - crowds are low at the parks and restuarants/shops are easy to get into. Personally would never go to Orlando during peak seasons - did Christmas once and although it was great to be in the land of magic at Christmas the crowds were enormous and it was a nightmare trying to do the theme parks - after trying Universal and WDW we gave up and saved the tickets until the following year.

Average Temps Range from 50/60's at night to 70/80's during the day. Very comfortable and not bad swimming weather as it warms up quickly enough that by 10:00am it is already near 70's. Wetsuits at DC are enough.
Another advantage of October Florida weather is the lack of the everyday Summer Thunderstorm. Sure you may get hit by one, but chances are that in October it is rare.
Theme park crowds are also apparently at their lowest, except for the extra ticket event HHN. September through Thanksgiving is the Locals secret. Kids are in School and everyone is done with their Summer Vacation and busy planning their Holiday Trips. It's our season to visit the theme parks without the out-of-towner crowds.
Come on down, a few more visitors will be welcomed and you are sure to enjoy yourself. Just stay away from HHN if you want to avoid crowds.
HAVE FUN

Originally posted by Tony M
Just stay away from HHN if you want to avoid crowds.

Hi Tony,

I was told that on a Sunday, a non peak night, I should not have to worry about HHn crowds. What do you think? If we wait until we get there we can buy $19 Stay and Scream tickets as opposed to $52 each online or phone tickets. Universal has assured me we won't have any problems getting tickets for the non peak night. Hopefully things won't be too crowded.

Cheers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter