Is July as crowded as it gets?

Another thing to please keep in mind is how well crowds are handled. So I go in August, and while not perfect, usually every QS line is open, ticket line, ect. so crowds are managed well.

From being on here it appears that often what were once slower times become problematic in part due to lines being at half capacity and issues such as that.

I went once in July, and it was packed, however things ran somewhat smoothly. And of course with FP and the App one can manage it well!

We typically visit in May/June or October/early November time frames and have been doing this for the past ten years. We are here now for our first July trip. Seriously this is better than those other times for crowds. And surprisingly, while it is hot, I have also been hotter on those other trips as well.

Thanks for sharing this. We have been pretty consistent fall trip people (Oct, Nov, and Dec). We went in May once, but we are planning a first ever July trip for 2019 and my wife and I have both been having doubts because of weather and crowds... It's a little reassuring seeing your experiences...

Thanks for sharing this. We have been pretty consistent fall trip people (Oct, Nov, and Dec). We went in May once, but we are planning a first ever July trip for 2019 and my wife and I have both been having doubts because of weather and crowds... It's a little reassuring seeing your experiences...

We went in late June/ early July once and I was REALLY doubting how it would go, and while it was busy it was a wonderful time!! From about 12-5 the heat really was unbearable; but with a pool break we worked around it.

No, but sometimes I feel like the heat can make one feel like it's more crowded. Christmas and Easter top the crowds for the year, but even Thanksgiving is likely busier than July.

No, but sometimes I feel like the heat can make one feel like it's more crowded. Christmas and Easter top the crowds for the year, but even Thanksgiving is likely busier than July.
100x this.

Summer feels so much more crowded to me than October-early December because of the heat.

I haven't been during actual Christmas since I was a kid, but it probably feels more crowded than July even without the heat mom.

No.....December 30 I was stuck in a wall of people for about 20 minutes in front of Small World. We literally moved about 10 feet in 10 minutes. Loved our Christmas trip but the days between Christmas and New Years were crazy! I was use to Spring Break and Easter Crowds (which I think are more than July) but I was not prepared for that!

We were in that sea of humanity too! lol that was the worst part of the whole week!

We were there July 3-13. In my opinion, crowd levels seemed to hover between 5-7 on all days. I found the parks absolutely easy to navigate and crowds were never an issue. I never once said "it's crowded here today." The water parks were notably uncrowded as well. I would put crowd levels at 3 for both water parks. Longest wait time I saw for the two main speed slides was 30 min. We had average wait times of 5-10 minutes for everything else, in the middle of the day, on a Thursday and Friday. We never waited in a long security line or saw lines at the tapstyles. We didn't do rope drop...We waited until the evening hours to hit the parks. We saw more people exiting the parks at those hours than coming in. It was a very enjoyable time.

I'm arriving Friday for a short, 4-day trip and I'm very curious to see what the crowds are like. We've gone in September, October, January, and February and I was shocked that this past Jan/Feb felt the most crowded I've personally ever felt - and the analysis of actual crowds in the parks during that time matched how I felt. With what I've seen keeping track the last couple of weeks, it seems a lot less crowded than our Jan/Feb trip. So, I'm curious to see what the crowds are like in the middle of summer!

I have been at Thanksgiving, Spring Break and was there from July 4-14. It was not even close to as crowded. The mornings were very light. In the mornings, we could walk on all but Mine Train, Pandora, Test Track and Toy Story land until 11am every day. Restaurants also weren't bad at all. We never had to wait for lunch and they were accepting walkups at all the table service restaurants where we ate. There was never a wait to use any mens restroom.

At both Thanksgiving and SpringBreak, parks were packed from rope drop to close. I have had to wait 30 mins just to get inside a quick service in MK and had to wait in line to use mens restrooms.

From now on we are going in July.
We will be there soon and there are several good restaurants with open reservation that have plenty of times to pick from. I also have had no trouble changing our FP around all except FOP and SDD. I had even changed some last night. In the past when we have went in mid August, June, October and December it was not that easy.

Another thing to please keep in mind is how well crowds are handled. So I go in August, and while not perfect, usually every QS line is open, ticket line, ect. so crowds are managed well.

From being on here it appears that often what were once slower times become problematic in part due to lines being at half capacity and issues such as that.

I think this was at least part of the issue with Jersey Week last year. There were 9 and 10 crowd levels at points that week, with lots of 7-8 crowds and I think it took even Disney by surprise. One morning, BTMRR operated on only one side (so half capacity) for a very long time, even after the line had become long. Had both sides been operating sooner, waits would have been much more manageable. Some think that the hurricane rescheduling had a significant impact on crowds, time will tell whether that was a one-off occurrence or whether crowds are just really popular that week now, due to F&W, the races, decorations, awesome weather, beginning of the Christmas parties, low DVC points at that time, etc.

This! We were there for 2017 Jersey Week and this year from 6/28 - 7/8. It was MUCH less crowded in July! Jersey Week has always been our favorite time to visit, with beautiful weather and holiday decorations, but it has become increasingly crowded over the years — like wall-to-wall people. This past week was great. Crowds were very low in the mornings, allowing us to walk on most attractions. It is hot, but definitely less crowded!

We typically visit in May/June or October/early November time frames and have been doing this for the past ten years. We are here now for our first July trip. Seriously this is better than those other times for crowds. And surprisingly, while it is hot, I have also been hotter on those other trips as well.

Hearing these reports from multiple sources is giving me hope! We have a late August trip scheduled, as well as one over Jersey Week. I've been debating trying to head elsewhere in August because I was dreading the combo of heat plus huge crowds, but the more I hear recent feedback (and watch the TP predictions), it really seems as though crowds the week before Labor Day will be really manageable.

I think this was at least part of the issue with Jersey Week last year. There were 9 and 10 crowd levels at points that week, with lots of 7-8 crowds and I think it took even Disney by surprise. One morning, BTMRR operated on only one side (so half capacity) for a very long time, even after the line had become long. Had both sides been operating sooner, waits would have been much more manageable. Some think that the hurricane rescheduling had a significant impact on crowds, time will tell whether that was a one-off occurrence or whether crowds are just really popular that week now, due to F&W, the races, decorations, awesome weather, beginning of the Christmas parties, low DVC points at that time, etc.

I just learned about this Jersey week! Something to make planning for crowds even more complicated!

For me the crowds *feel* worst when the heat is at it's peak (no matter when you go). This coming from a FL resident who was trained to avoid being outside between 11am-2pm

We just got back from a three day trip, 13,14, and 15. We did waterparks in the morning, shower, dinner, and then a regular park to close. Our yearly trip is the week before Christmas. This past weekend was a lot less crowded. We got to the parks at 6-7 every evening, and was able to ride most of the headliners, including TSL. What did surprise us was Typhoon Lagoon was more crowded on Monday, than it was Sunday.

IMO the past years have spoiled people by getting a great deal with FD or RO and then realizing it is worth getting my kids out of school for a % and for cooler weather. Florida is simply miserable in summer... I dream of a trip from NOV-Mar but I cant go during those times. Also I think that WDW has simply gotten so expensive that I have notice more people going for smaller trips to save money So pulling a kids out a FRI or MON is doable for a shorter trip..during the school year AND in the cooler months.

I'll have to report back the week of Thanksgiving. We have not been during Thankgiving week since 2010 and I don't remember it being any worse than May/June. So we'll see. I don't imagine July being bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!