Is July as crowded as it gets?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
We were there last week and crowds were so crowded. Is Christmas or any other break times as bad?

No.....December 30 I was stuck in a wall of people for about 20 minutes in front of Small World. We literally moved about 10 feet in 10 minutes. Loved our Christmas trip but the days between Christmas and New Years were crazy! I was use to Spring Break and Easter Crowds (which I think are more than July) but I was not prepared for that!

July is child's play.
Its more crowded in October than July anymore.
Easter is very crowded.
Between Christmas Eve and New Years Day is literally the busiest time of the year with parks doing phased closures and tape down the middle of the streets with arrows showing which way to walk and CM's with light wands telling people to stay to their right and whole bathrooms have to be closed for cleaning.... Its pretty insane.

We were there last week and crowds were so crowded. Is Christmas or any other break times as bad?

I have been at Thanksgiving, Spring Break and was there from July 4-14. It was not even close to as crowded. The mornings were very light. In the mornings, we could walk on all but Mine Train, Pandora, Test Track and Toy Story land until 11am every day. Restaurants also weren't bad at all. We never had to wait for lunch and they were accepting walkups at all the table service restaurants where we ate. There was never a wait to use any mens restroom.

At both Thanksgiving and SpringBreak, parks were packed from rope drop to close. I have had to wait 30 mins just to get inside a quick service in MK and had to wait in line to use mens restrooms.

From now on we are going in July.

Last edited:
Granted I wasn't there, but from all reports I've seen on here recently, the last couple weeks have been fairly low-moderate crowds. Just by looking at wait times alone I can tell you that Christmas-New Years is much, much worse.

I have been Feb, March, April, June, July - July has had, on average, the biggest crowds of any of those.

When you think about it, it’s pretty sad that those of us who go often see July crowds and think “woah, low crowds” while someone going for the first time in a while might think it’s packed.

But yeah, July is nothing like Easter, some weekends in October, thanksgiving and Christmas/NYE crowds.

We were there from Saturday to Friday last week and made it to all 4 parks. We have been dozens of times and at all times of the year. All of us commented at what we considered to be very reasonable crowd levels. Wait times weren't bad at all. I agree with prior poster and feel we are in the same category of going often and thinking "whoa, low crowds". Sure, over the years there have been times where crowds were lower, but as many people have mentioned, both here and in other threads, that there is really no such thing any more as a down time at WDW. It's always busy, some times more than others.

Friends just returned (7/3–7/13), they are the same friends who are often there with us during Jersey Week. They marveled at how much less crowded it was in July, vs Jersey Week the past couple years (and especially compared to 2017).

It’s appearing more and more as if summer is no longer the “busy season” it once was. Fall has been much more crowded the past couple of years than it was even 4-5 years ago, but summer crowds seem not to have experienced the same uptick.

FWIW, I also think that level 5 crowds today, would probably have been considered 8-9 level crowds not so long ago. Which is likely why, as others have said, crowds seem more reasonable to those who’ve visited recently and seen the new normal as far as crowds.

Also, if you catch a bubble of the South American "15" groups, it can feel more crowded than the park actually is.

Arrived on July 5th this year, and couldn't believe how non-crowded it was, especially in the mornings. Out of all the times I've been, NYE was the most crowded; wall to wall impressive insanity. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!