Is it safe to add my credit card (along with security code) to the Disneyland app?

Katems

Mouseketeer
I keep reading how if you put your credit card info into your Disneyland app, and MEMORIZE your security code, that when you enter the parks you can easily and quickly buy MaxPass each morning. However when I went to do it (trip is next week) it asked for the security code already... That made me leery. What should I do? If I don't enter it and I go to buy MaxPass in the parks I'll have to put it all in there then, right? But will it STORE it then?

If I put it in now can I remove it after the trip?

I'd also like to know as I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to buy the tickets on line and then do Maxpass in the park if I feel I want it

It doesn't 'keep' your security code after you initially enter it. You'll have to enter it each time you make a purchase.

Yes, you can delete the payment information and take your credit card off the app.

I’ll also add that if you do put a card on the app, it’s probably safer to use a credit card since it’s not directly linked to your checking account. Just in case the app gets hacked (always a risk). It wouldn’t be fun to have to deal with a drained checking account while at Disneyland

As of today there have been no reports of credit cards being compromised from Disney apps. In order to validate your credit card you have to put in the security code but the app doesn’t store the security code so you must put it in every time you buy MP. Imho it’s no riskier than any other online company.

I have had mine on MDE for WDW and it's fine. You still have to enter your pin to make a purchase.

My cc is saved to both MDE and the Disneyland app and I’ve never had an issue. I think the info is just as safe as with any other online transactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter