Is it really that hot in the summer?

Get the La Roche Posay Anthelios sunblock for my face. Its mineral based and does NOT make you white. At all. It is magical. Rubs right in, isn't greasy or tacky. Honestly, it's the best stuff. I use the "water lotion" version. A little goes a long way, so don't be put off by the price tag. I buy it at Target.

Another rec for LaRoche Posay Anthelios. Although I chose the mineral tinted version for my face. It’s lightweight and dries down matte. Prevents sunburn and tanning. It’s pricey, about $30 for 1.7 ounces but it’s the best I have ever used. I usually buy it at Ulta.

ETA: when traveling to WDW May-Sept, we go through a lot of clothes because everything gets so sweaty. Pack extra or plan to do laundry.

Last edited:
We always go late May or early June and to echo everyone else, yes it's hot and humid. Many times the evening doesn't really cool off that much and heading out in the morning is already warm and humid. Did I mention humid?

The UV protective clothing is a good idea, but there is a product called SunGuard that you use as a laundry additive to add UV protection to regular clothing. You could look into that. I can't give you a first hand review, I just know that it exists.

If you go with full coverage clothing, I would suggest very breathable, natural fiber, flowy clothing like a maxi skirt or blouse with bell sleeves. That way you can have coverage from the sun, but still have air flow to keep from overheating.

The UV protective clothing is a good idea, but there is a product called SunGuard that you use as a laundry additive to add UV protection to regular clothing. You could look into that. I can't give you a first hand review, I just know that it exists.

Thanks for pointing out this product. I need all the sun avoidance help I can get.

Gosh,this thread helped me a lot...lol
We were planing to go Sep/Oct...uhm, I think not. :D

Check out Coolibar for UPF clothing. Their stuff is expensive but would certainly be better than wearing a jacket.

Columbia clothing is where it's at. Especially their fishing gear which is designed for folks that are going to spend all day out on the water in the sun. I have a bunch of their stuff, most of it is UPF 30 or 50 rated

I treat WDW like a long hike. Quick to dry clothing that breathes, and protects you from the sun. I don't even fish, but still have a bunch of their clothing for when I'm out in the sun.

OP--I just got back Wednesday, and it was that hot at WDW right now. June can't be any better.
Agreed. Our Epcot day last week was unbearably hot, and we had to cut it short. It is that hot already. I can’t imagine a month later.

We always go late May or early June and to echo everyone else, yes it's hot and humid. Many times the evening doesn't really cool off that much and heading out in the morning is already warm and humid. Did I mention humid?
No doubt!:)

We go in July and sweating is definitely not confined to the daytime!

Watching IllumiNations at 9:00 PM with sweat running down our legs is part of the July Experience!lol

It is the kind of heat where NO MOVEMENT is required to produce sweating!lol

THREE showers a day and frequent deodorant applications make up our July routine.:)

Throw in the INCREDIBLE daily Lightning and Summer with The Mouse is quite the experience!:)

No doubt!:)

We go in July and sweating is definitely not confined to the daytime!

Watching IllumiNations at 9:00 PM with sweat running down our legs is part of the July Experience!lol

It is the kind of heat where NO MOVEMENT is required to produce sweating!lol

THREE showers a day and frequent deodorant applications make up our July routine.:)

Throw in the INCREDIBLE daily Lightning and Summer with The Mouse is quite the experience!:)

Body spray and deodorant applications for the greater good! If only everyone would take this advice.

i've usually gone in July, starting when my parents took me in the third grade (decades ago, lol). Yes, June and July are hot and humid. August is sweltering. But you'll survive. A few tips:

-Do the parks early morning and break at 11:30 or noon to go rest at your hotel. Or, start your park day at 4 pm when it's a little less hot.

-Bring a little fan that mists you. You can find these on Amazon.com

-Wear a visor if your head tends to sweat. A baseball cap or sunhat will only make your head sweat more.

-you can ask for a cup of water with ice cubes at any stand or restaurant. It's free. Just ask.

Hope this helps!

I had a recommendation for lightweight pants, but as the OP hasn't come back since starting this thread, f him.

Yeah you definitely don't want to do that.
As hot as you think it might be its definitely 100% worse than you can imagine. The humidity will kill you and the sun is almost unbearably bright.

Shorts and a rash guard will be just fine. Also a TON of sunscreen PLEASE. Dont wear a jacket, you will instantly regret your entire existence.

The waterparks have rashguards that have UV protection in them but you can probably buy them online so I'd definitely recommend that for a top but I also wouldn't wear pants. Maybe some long shorts but pants, specifically jeans, are awful in the summer heat.

Remember you're going to be sweating too. If you really wanna cover up I'd recommend work out clothes that are breathable. But dont plan on wearing regular clothes like you're going to the store or something.

my daughter is currently a cast member at Disney. She sent me a pic of her car the other day. It was so hot that it was burning the vinyl stickers she had on her back window!!! :earseek::earseek::earseek: i think that's hot. Please be careful, neck cooler, personal fan, water, water, water and sunscreen.

Get the La Roche Posay Anthelios sunblock. Its mineral based and does NOT make you white. At all. It is magical. Rubs right in, isn't greasy or tacky. Honestly, it's the best stuff. I use the "water lotion" version. A little goes a long way, so don't be put off by the price tag. I buy it at Target.
You’ve peaked my interest! I usually take the Costco pack of spray sunscreen on vacations but we still seem to burn. When you say a little goes a long way would you say one tube would be enough for two of us for a week?

You’ve peaked my interest! I usually take the Costco pack of spray sunscreen on vacations but we still seem to burn. When you say a little goes a long way would you say one tube would be enough for two of us for a week?

Yes, I think so. Just to clarify, though, I incorrectly stated that the water lotion is mineral based. It is not. But, it still works AMAZINGLY WELL. I used it again this weekend at Disneyland. 8 hours in the blazing sun and one application kept me the same color I was when I left the house. No burn or tan at all. I also bought the spray version, but have not tested that out in swimming situations and such, although it also gets stellar reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts