Is it really hard to leave midday and come back?

My family has always done mid-day breaks. On a 10 day trip, there might be 2-3 days we don’t return to the hotel. We generally stay at the BWV or BCV, so getting to and from HS and EP is very convenient for us. We usually leave our morning park around 1 and head to our evening park around 4. With travel time, that usually leaves us around 2 hours to take a nap, go to the pool, take a walk on the BW, etc. I feel like when you stay at resorts like BWV or BCV, you need to allot some time to enjoy the resorts.

Not too much, depending on which hotel you are staying at and which park you want to go to after the break.

Being a WDW veteran and having just visited DLR for the first time in April 2019, let me tell you that Disneyland and Disney World are very different. Disney World is vast. You will do a lot more walking in Magic Kingdom than you have done in Disneyland including the walk through Downtown Disney from the Disneyland Hotel. I recommend that you do a lot of research before your trip to WDW.

Thanks! Good points. Our last trip we stayed at a vacation rental 1.5 miles away, and I pushed them in a sit and stand until we entered the park, and then the then-7-y-o walked. The then-5-y-o was recovering from pneumonia (long story), so I kept him in the stroller to take it easy.

Yes! WDW will definitely be different. I have several friends who are Disney regulars and have gotten good insight from them. Our little guy is generally okay walking distances, and both our kids are really wonderful travelers, adaptable, etc. We've walked all over Chicago, Taipei, Shanghai, San Antonio, Houston, etc.

But because there is a little bit of an unknown factor... we may still bring along the citymini, just in case. I've been meaning to pass it along anyway, so we might see if we can find a family to hand it off to during or at the end of our trip (depending on our needs), so we don't have to haul it home!

The genetic syndrome my son has affects his knee caps, which are basically non-existent. I've got it, too. We all do 10Ks and 5Ks walking, and he now can handle the entire race.

I have a feeling if we bring the stroller at all, it'll just be parked in some central spot in the park as a place to store ponchos and water bottles and snacks.

We'll see. The trip isn't for 7 months. We've got a 10K between now and then. Kids grow a lot in half a year!

Thanks! Good points. Our last trip we stayed at a vacation rental 1.5 miles away, and I pushed them in a sit and stand until we entered the park, and then the then-7-y-o walked. The then-5-y-o was recovering from pneumonia (long story), so I kept him in the stroller to take it easy.

Yes! WDW will definitely be different. I have several friends who are Disney regulars and have gotten good insight from them. Our little guy is generally okay walking distances, and both our kids are really wonderful travelers, adaptable, etc. We've walked all over Chicago, Taipei, Shanghai, San Antonio, Houston, etc.

But because there is a little bit of an unknown factor... we may still bring along the citymini, just in case. I've been meaning to pass it along anyway, so we might see if we can find a family to hand it off to during or at the end of our trip (depending on our needs), so we don't have to haul it home!

The genetic syndrome my son has affects his knee caps, which are basically non-existent. I've got it, too. We all do 10Ks and 5Ks walking, and he now can handle the entire race.

I have a feeling if we bring the stroller at all, it'll just be parked in some central spot in the park as a place to store ponchos and water bottles and snacks.

We'll see. The trip isn't for 7 months. We've got a 10K between now and then. Kids grow a lot in half a year!
They are able to walk a 10K!!! It sounds like you have got it all under control. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter