Is it possible to split payment at check in?

Minniefan2296

Mouseketeer
I'm splitting the cost of the room with another person and we were wondering if one of us can pay half at check in and the other pay the other half using disney gift cards. Is that a possibility? We are doing room only.

I don't see how they would have a problem. It really doesn't matter who hands them the gift cards and if you pay half by check and then the gifts cards pay the rest, how could they possibly have a problem? Enjoy your stay.

If you have a CC on file with your reservation, then it will be charged the remaining balance once WDW computers go online for that day (around 6AM). They can void and redo the payments once you check-in but sometimes it can be a hassle. We also use GCs, so we call in before check-in to pay it off.

If you have a CC on file with your reservation, then it will be charged the remaining balance once WDW computers go online for that day (around 6AM). They can void and redo the payments once you check-in but sometimes it can be a hassle. We also use GCs, so we call in before check-in to pay it off.
Ah, thank you. This is something I had not thought about. I do have a cc on file. Thanks for the heads up. I'll skip online check in for that trip and go to the front desk.

Yes. As another poster said though, you might want to pay just before you arrive so the cc on file doesn't get charged.

You can also split between gift cards and a cc (if you prefer). You can also enter the gift cards online before you arrive.

You probably already know though - DO NOT throw the gfit cards out right away. IF for any reason they need to issue a refund- the refund will go back onto the gift cards!

Last- an easy way to mark used/partially used gift cards is to use a sharpie. If you need to erase, just use a little alcohol/hand sanitizer gel!

Ah, thank you. This is something I had not thought about. I do have a cc on file. Thanks for the heads up. I'll skip online check in for that trip and go to the front desk.
Just call a day or so before check in and pay the half with gift cards. The one with the CC on file will be charged remaining balance on check in day. Or can pay ahead as well-just let CM know on the phone how much to apply to gift card and CC.
I do this with most trips-pay ahead a day or two before with gift cards so I don't have to go get charges reversed to apply GC.

Yes. As another poster said though, you might want to pay just before you arrive so the cc on file doesn't get charged.

You can also split between gift cards and a cc (if you prefer). You can also enter the gift cards online before you arrive.

You probably already know though - DO NOT throw the gfit cards out right away. IF for any reason they need to issue a refund- the refund will go back onto the gift cards!
Only for packages, and since the OP does not have to pay the balance until check-in, I'm guessing they have a RO reservation.

I would try to pay it off before checkin day to avoid any hassles. Also; you can go to https://disneygiftcard.com/ and this site will allow to to combine multiple GCs on to 1 GC up to $1,000 each. We use this, so that when we call in to make a payment, we do not have to torture the poor CM with a bunch of GCs. Then I will have 1 or 2 more to pay for the room charges during our trips.

Only for packages, and since the OP does not have to pay the balance until check-in, I'm guessing they have a RO reservation.

I would try to pay it off before checkin day to avoid any hassles. Also; you can go to https://disneygiftcard.com/ and this site will allow to to combine multiple GCs on to 1 GC up to $1,000 each. We use this, so that when we call in to make a payment, we do not have to torture the poor CM with a bunch of GCs. Then I will have 1 or 2 more to pay for the room charges during our trips.
I use that site to combine my own gift cards, but will direct the other person there so they can combine theirs, too.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Also; you can go to https://disneygiftcard.com/ and this site will allow to to combine multiple GCs on to 1 GC up to $1,000 each. We use this, so that when we call in to make a payment, we do not have to torture the poor CM with a bunch of GCs. Then I will have 1 or 2 more to pay for the room charges during our trips.
This is more what I meant, the Disney giftcard website. I have also called in to pay with gift cards. It isn't that bad, especially if they are the $100 gift cards.

If you were paying off a long deluxe resort stay with $25 gift cards that could get kind of crazy. :)

If you remove your CC from being on file and skip the front desk they will just send a message to your room phone "without it ringing" in the morning asking you to come to the front desk to pay your balance, then you can pay anyway you would like, even by phone.
I always do it this way in case there is a problem with the room..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter