Is it possible to rent points for AKV Value Studio at 11 months out?

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Or is that just a fools errand because owners have booked them all? Its listed as an option on the David's site but just wondering...

Value rooms are limited in number and extremely high in DVC demand because they have such low point requirements. Value studios and resulting 2BRs (since all 2BRs are lock-offs that can be reserved as studios and 1BRs, a studio reservation eliminates the possibility of a 2BR reservation ) tend to disappear quickly at 11 months out when owners of AKV can start making reservations. Sometimes (but not often) during the spring or summer, you can find those open beyond the 11-month window. During DVC's high to extremely high demand season that runs from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, the chances of even an owner of AKV getting a value room at 11 months out are significantly reduced (e.g., the winners are simply the ones whose computers are the fastest to communicate with Disney's computers at exactly 8 a.m., 11 months out). Even 1BRs can disappear at times in the spring and summer at 11 months out and for a significant number of dates in that fall high demand season.

The result is that to be able to get a value room as a renter, you need an owner who is willing to attempt to get the reservation at exactly 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and who is willing not to charge you anything for the work involved if there is no success, and rental brokers like David's have the same issue in that they need to find an owner willijng to do that for a rental. That is not easy to do, although it is something David's might be willing to attempt for a 1BR, particularly if seeking one of those during spring or summer., e.g., July 7 to 31 is one the lowest DVC demand times of the year, creating more opportunities to possibly get low point cost rooms (not just at AKV but even at other resorts that have similar issues involving the low point cost studios -- one thing renters should understand when looking at most resorts is that the rooms they think are real bargains for rental, based on low point cost in relation to other rooms at the resort, are likely rooms hard to get).

Last edited:

check back in a week for those walking reservations. I kinda wish DVC would put a limit a Res modifications like this so you can only move the date once or cancel

check back in a week for those walking reservations. I kinda wish DVC would put a limit a Res modifications like this so you can only move the date once or cancel
You mean, once they’ve walked it forward, the days behind might become available?

And they won’t walk.

As an owner, I won’t even go to that effort for a renter. Not when I can move my points more easily for the same price.
I would add that as a private owner, most won't walk or stalk either, and certainly not for $14-16/pp.

Unless, as I always say, you went to college with them, they named their firstborn for you, and they have pictures.

Thanks all! We decided to not even request right now. For future reference though, what is the likelihood of AKV or BWV standard studio at 11 months?

Thanks all! We decided to not even request right now. For future reference though, what is the likelihood of AKV or BWV standard studio at 11 months?
Some times of the year, not much different that the Value studio. BWV owners own there to book those standard villas. If you don't get it booked at 11 months out, if might be too late. One bedroom might be a bit easier.

Yes, I expect when I try for a December rental in January it will be quite a different situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts