Is it possible to have Magic Bands shipped early?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
We're leaving for our trip on January 23. We live in Canada so they won't mail our Magic Bands to us, we have to pick them up at the hotel when we arrive. Last time we went to Disney we traveled with my mom who lives in MI and had all of our magic bands shipped to her house. We could probably have them shipped to her house again but we won't be there again after Christmas. Would Disney possibly mail them out early so they could be there by Christmas? We bought decals for all of our bands so it would be nice to get those on in advance and not have to mess around with them down there!

They send them out about a month beforehand, so it’s possible they might arrive while you’re at your mom’s. Worst case scenario, she could send them to you.

You could bite the bullet and order new ones offline if it’s that important.
We already have some from our last trip so it's not imperative but I just thought it would be nice not to hassle with the decals when we're on our trip!

They send them out about a month beforehand, so it’s possible they might arrive while you’re at your mom’s. Worst case scenario, she could send them to you.
Shipping would probably be crazy expensive so I don't want to be stuck in that position!

They're shipping thousands of magic bands out every day. I'm pretty sure that there's some big warehouse someplace that's handling the shipping process, and it's probably heavily automated. For example, the reservation system is programmed to trigger shipping a certain number of days before your arrival date, a shipping label is generated at the warehouse on that day, etc.

I don't see how it would be possible to get a shipping date changed. Not to mention, you're not even on their "ship list" because the address on your reservation is in Canada.

. Not to mention, you're not even on their "ship list" because the address on your reservation is in Canada.

They did ship them to my mom's house for me last time though, so I know it is possible, I just had to change the shipping address!!

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll just plan on getting them down there! :)

We occasionally give our kids an early spring trip to DW as a Christmas present, so naturally we've inquired about getting the bands shipped earlier. No luck. The manufacturing facility is overseas (China I think) and it just isn't possible to deviate from the routine. The one suggestion they always give you is that you can always buy your own bands if you want to have them early. I wish we had saved our magic bands from the last trip!

It sure would be nice if Disney had a "gift package" sort of option when you order a trip - something like a basket or box with mouse ears, big novelty tickets, etc. - because all sorts of people do what we do and simply telling a kid "you're going to Disney World!" on Christmas morning just isn't the same as having something tangible.

There are people on this board (I think there's a thread for it) who will happily create images of big, colorful (fake) tickets for you, customized with names.

They're shipping thousands of magic bands out every day. I'm pretty sure that there's some big warehouse someplace that's handling the shipping process, and it's probably heavily automated. For example, the reservation system is programmed to trigger shipping a certain number of days before your arrival date, a shipping label is generated at the warehouse on that day, etc.

I don't see how it would be possible to get a shipping date changed. Not to mention, you're not even on their "ship list" because the address on your reservation is in Canada.

This is correct, for anyone wondering or who may stumble upon this thread later. I worked for the company that handles this for Disney and it is pretty much exactly this. Given the high level of automation and the way Disney's systems are integrated with the third party provider, there's really no way to do request early delivery like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter