Is it possible to check in in time to use the extra magic hour?

Sagacious_Sundry

Earning My Ears
My sister and I are visiting the parks for 3 days at the beginning of may, and are staying in Paradise Pier for 2 nights. We booked the hotel and park tickets as a package so I believe that means we have to check into the hotel first in order to get park access?

We plan on getting there very early to make the most of our time there, are there limits to how early they will allow you to check into the hotel? It doesn't matter if our room isn't ready, we are planning to just leave our things in our car until we finish in the park for the day. Is it possible to get there, check in at the hotel, and get to the park, all in time to make use of the extra magic hour?

Thank you!

Absolutely. I’ve checked in at 6:15am before. Store your bags with Bell Services and the front desk will give you your keys which each member of your party will show for Early Entry. This is a GREAT time to check in as there is no waiting that time of morning!
Thats great to know, thank you!

We’ve done it. No line to check in and the CM had a variety of buttons for us to choose from (we needed a “first visit” for our daughter). Would definitely do it again!
Thats great, thanks! We definitely want to get some buttons too, probably a birthday one for me and a first visit one for my sister

We do this all the time. But we usually don't get our room till 4 pm which is a long time for us since we are mid-afternoon nap people. We usually relax in the lobby in the afternoon during the warm parts of the year. Have fun

We only tried this once. We didn't get there until close to EMH and the line to check in took so long that we missed almost all of EMH. This was at DLH last May. I wasn't expecting a line. It also took awhile once it was our turn, so maybe there was a reason everything was slow that morning. I would give yourself at least an hour before EMH starts to get checked in, maybe more. Then they forgot to notify us that our room was ready. Lesson leaned: if they don't text you that your room is ready, call and check.

We do this all the time. But we usually don't get our room till 4 pm which is a long time for us since we are mid-afternoon nap people. We usually relax in the lobby in the afternoon during the warm parts of the year. Have fun

I am also a mid-afternoon nap person but unfortunately my sister isn't and will be far too excited to finally be at Disney to humour me so I think I'm just going to have to power through and grab a coffee or two! :D Thank you!

We only tried this once. We didn't get there until close to EMH and the line to check in took so long that we missed almost all of EMH. This was at DLH last May. I wasn't expecting a line. It also took awhile once it was our turn, so maybe there was a reason everything was slow that morning. I would give yourself at least an hour before EMH starts to get checked in, maybe more. Then they forgot to notify us that our room was ready. Lesson leaned: if they don't text you that your room is ready, call and check.

Thats good to know. I think EMH starts at 8 on the day we check in, so we will probably try to be at PP around 6ish to check in (my sister is very excited AND a morning person, so I'll probably have to dissuade her from heading over even earlier! :D) . Thank you for the advice!

Thats good to know. I think EMH starts at 8 on the day we check in, so we will probably try to be at PP around 6ish to check in (my sister is very excited AND a morning person, so I'll probably have to dissuade her from heading over even earlier! :D) . Thank you for the advice!
If you have time to kill after & want coffee there’s a Starbucks by the monorail that’s less crazy than the main one closer to the front gates. You’ll walk by both on your way to the gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter