Is it possible other rooms will open up?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I’m so mad at myself. I completely slept in and by the time I logged on grand Floridian Standard rooms were gone. Perhaps they were never eligible for a discount? 🤷‍♀️ That would be an easier pill to swallow. I can switch from BC to YC and save $50 (one night stay before we move to the Poly), dave about $60 and move to AKL, or stay where we’re at. I really wanted the GF. What’s the likelihood a standard room will pop up in the next couple of days?

It's always possible as people are moving a lot of reservations around right now. But it's also entirely possible that no GF standard rooms were offered to begin with. The availability for both FD and the room only discount was very limited and seemed mostly limited to the higher room categories.

I think rooms everywhere and during all time frames offered were extremely limited. I checked multiple times yesterday for dates during Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec. There wasn't anything available most of the day during any of those weeks I checked. The one time that I did find something, it wasn't really a discount at all. Don't be mad at yourself. Yesterday was a weird day, as far as discounts were concerned.

As a TA, I have always had the best luck with getting/apply discounts in the 2-5 days after a discount drops. It seems as not all of the rooms, or room types are offered on the first day and TAs are putting reservations on hold for 3 days. If those clients don't want the reservation or don't pay the deposit within 3 days they will automatically be cancelled. Just keep checking.

What dates are you going? I played around on the site and see the garden view room available at the discount for different dates in November. In December it doesn't look available, but does have some for Florida resident discount.

What dates are you going? I played around on the site and see the garden view room available at the discount for different dates in November. In December it doesn't look available, but does have some for Florida resident discount.
It’s just for one night only October 9th. It’s silly to be so sad about one night. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter