Is it pointless to be watching for a 8am BOG if I already have an 8:05am?

Sith

Through victory, my chains are broken...
I know...it's only 5 minutes. But, I also know at Disney 5 minutes could be the difference between a walk on for Mine Train or a 50 min wait.

So, as I said in title I already have an 8:05am. Is there any reason to be keeping an eye out for an 8am? I heard somewhere that all the early reservations line up together, and not necessarily in order of reservation time.

Pointless. BOG seats in the order folks check in. This is true for every PPO meal in the MK.

WHat you might want to do is watch for park hours changes. A PPO breakfast is pointless if the park opens at 8 AM.

I know...it's only 5 minutes. But, I also know at Disney 5 minutes could be the difference between a walk on for Mine Train or a 50 min wait.

So, as I said in title I already have an 8:05am. Is there any reason to be keeping an eye out for an 8am? I heard somewhere that all the early reservations line up together, and not necessarily in order of reservation time.
What matters most if you ate trying to get in early 7DMT rides is that you preorder. If I have an 8:40 ADR and I preorder I'm going in ahead of the person with an 8 ADR that did not preorder.

What matters most if you ate trying to get in early 7DMT rides is that you preorder. If I have an 8:40 ADR and I preorder I'm going in ahead of the person with an 8 ADR that did not preorder.
If you have a 8:40 and check in with the 8:05 crowd you are on equal footing with those folks. If you preorder you are even more ahead. All PPO folks can enter the parks early thru the special PPO gateway. They do not make you enter in the order your actual booking is for, so if you get to the entryway early you get in early. Then you simply check in at your restaurant and get called as soon as a table for you is ready. BOG you just get in line.

If you have a 8:40 and check in with the 8:05 crowd you are on equal footing with those folks. If you preorder you are even more ahead. All PPO folks can enter the parks early thru the special PPO gateway. They do not make you enter in the order your actual booking is for, so if you get to the entryway early you get in early. Then you simply check in at your restaurant and get called as soon as a table for you is ready. BOG you just get in line.
That's what I said. Except if you didn't preorder you are going in way behind those who did. Even if your ADR time was 8am.

That's what I said. Except if you didn't preorder you are going in way behind those who did. Even if your ADR time was 8am.
You kind of said that if you go in at 8:40 and preorder you are ahead of the 8 Am folks. I am just clarifying that no one needs to wait until their 8:40 ADR to check in, They can check in with the 8:05 folks. Many of us knwo this, but for those who are just reading through, I think it is okay to try to make sure they have more info rather than less.

Thanks for the help everybody! I will stop looking, but will definitely be preordering.

WHat you might want to do is watch for park hours changes. A PPO breakfast is pointless if the park opens at 8 AM.

I'll definitely cancel if rope drop changes to 8am. I also heard that if it ends up being an EMM day then we may not get to ride 7DMT early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter