Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Markle has been made out to be a bad guy and humiliated for the past year and a half. I’m surprised it took him this long to finally speak out (and he allowed the letter from Meghan to be published in defense of himself when Meghan had her friends lie to People Magazine). Everything I’ve read about him is that he’s a nice guy
If you think about it, to be willing to fake (as he is being accused of by some people) a heart attack to get out of going to his own daughter's wedding, there must have been immense anxiety.
On top of that to have a "ticket" to such a massive event, to get to be photographed with the queen and have that down in history.
If he faked it, instead of calling him names, maybe we should be asking what in gods name was happening with/to him to make that sort of choice.

Time will tell, Harry is already in Vancouver. So far, not much media coverage on that, but that can change, as we all know

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156927027977083&id=7116517082
Well, we know what we think we know, but none of us have first-hand knowledge. And whose family isn’t “a little hinky” - certainly some more than others. The Royal Family is hinky to the max, so was the venerated Princess Diana’s family of origin. Mine and yours are to a degree, just like the rest of the world.

Many marriages end badly; seldom is it ever completely villain/victim, and the people conduct themselves in ways that are shocking when the incidents are pulled out and taken in isolation. Your earlier post about it likely being a fairly typical co-parenting scenario is probably closer to the truth.

Personally, I don’t care what they do as long as they get the security thing straightened out to the point that it doesn’t fall on Canadian tax payers. It’s not worth one-thin-dime to me to have them in Canada, nor would I like to see them get any special concessions to our immigration policies. Maybe they should be invited to NZ? :laughing:

NZ says thanks but no thanks.

When I say “we see how her father is,” I mean we can literally see how he acts (the half-siblings too). The whole world has been given first-hand knowledge of their behavior because that side of the family has made a point to put themselves on display. In their nine-hour multi-day interviews, aggressive tweets that are so obsessive and threatening in nature law enforcement and watchlists get involved... One doesn’t need to speculate about what kind of people they might be in private because the people they are in public is reason enough for Meghan to not want a relationship with them.

Her mother, by contrast, has the good sense to keep her relationship with Meghan private and therefore none of us outsiders really know what that one is like, other than to say it seems pleasant enough from a distance.
I concede to not reading or hearing any of that; you may well have more accurate information than I do. :wave2:
I think people discuss what they'd like to discuss....on a discussion board. It would never occur to me to whinge on about someone's else's interests.

That said...I've spent a significant amount of my adult life overseas. One of the places I lived was GB, and I very much enjoyed my time there. My kids went to the village school. Less than 100 students, it was a very positive experience for them.

The RF interested me then, and continues to now. Most of my neighbors spoke of The Queen and the RF with fondness. I generally feel the same way.

Some see the current situation as fine, others as a bit of a dust up. Pretty much like any other controversial subject. And for me that makes for an interesting discussion.
:worship:By using this amazingly British word, you have rightfully earned your participation in this thread - legit! ;)
We are Canadians so obsessed with American politics.l
Not me. There's plenty here at home to keep me in a permanent state of rage and despair. :laughing: Now there's an idea...maybe Harry will run for Prime Minister. Couldn't be any worse...
...NZ says thanks but no thanks.
:rotfl2:Sorry, apparently it doesn't work that way. I don't remember Canada extending a formal invitation, yet here we are.

Thanks mummabear, I honestly wish them nothing but the best. I hope they have a perfectly wonderful life, To be honest, I wish that for everyone really, everyone is deserving of it. They are a newly married couple still in my eyes, and a lot about her reminds me of my daughter who would have been turning 21 in April.

I have lost way too much to wish divorce, negative thoughts on people I don’t know.

Thanks mummabear, I honestly wish them nothing but the best. I hope they have a perfectly wonderful life, To be honest, I wish that for everyone really, everyone is deserving of it. They are a newly married couple still in my eyes, and a lot about her reminds me of my daughter who would have been turning 21 in April.

I have lost way too much to wish divorce, negative thoughts on people I don’t know.
I am very sorry for your loss. :hug:

I am sorry for your loss. 😢

QE2 is my head of state so yes it interests me.
My comment was regarding Americans.
Can you explain why Americans on this thread are so passionate about something that has nothing to do with you?
You all seem to be getting your knickers in a knot

Interested I see. Almost coming to blows like in this thread not so much,

She is an American, so yes half the story has something to do with us. There is also a good chance in the end they may move here as this is still her home ... and they seem quite sure they won't return there.

American politics affects us.
And it’s been quite the soap opera of late!

So we both have soap operas, that we all follow. Entertainment value?

She is an American, so yes half the story has something to do with us. There is also a good chance in the end they may move here as this is still her home ... and they seem quite sure they won't return there.

So we both have soap operas, that we all follow. Entertainment value?

Yup probably.
But one affects us economically and politically.
The other one not so much.

]

:hug:

I realized the other night that’s probably some of why I feel for the dad - he reminds me of someone. And I will not be surprised to read that he has passed away.:guilty: No one says they have to be best buds. But, for me, his being able to at least meet his son in law and grandson would go a long way. I also feel like you do - I’ve had a lot go on in my life and I believe in the concept of forgiveness, if only so we don’t have to hold bitterness in our hearts. But that is just me, I know it’s not for everyone.

It’s too bad your country allows another to effect it so much. And much of what your news and the news you listen to isn’t completely accurate.

Sounds like a bit of an assumption problem.

The “much of what” of what we see and hear is MSNBC, CNN, Fox news, BBN, ABC, NBC, & CBS - live as it happens carried on our cable & satellite providers... not sure what you are seeing that we don’t see at the same time, in real time.

We do have distinctly Canadian coverage as well, which matches what we see on the US networks... no additions or altered facts.

]

I’ve had a lot go on in my life and I believe in the concept of forgiveness, if only so we don’t have to hold bitterness in our hearts. But that is just me, I know it’s not for everyone.
i wish my Dad lived by your mantra. I hope for Meghan's sake she is not truly estranged. Nobody really know. I was and it sucked.

Long story short by dad and I were estranged by his choice. One day after some drama ( and you guys would all laugh on the stupidity of it, would have made for a great thread back then) my dad told me I am no longer part of his life, he will block my calls and emails. Gave up me, my DH and his 2 grandkids. I am an only child. This was in 2012.. I tried relentlessly to call, many times, sent pics of the kids, even stopped by unannounced (I live a loong flight away)when I learned he had cancer.. they would not open the door. He passed away in 2018.. What makes me sad is that I know he had to have had regrets. I don't have any regrets, as believe me I tried and tried. I was invited to his funeral like nothing happened, in fact half the family had no ideas we hadn't spoken in over 5 years.

He was just too proud, stubborn or controlled by a certain person. I am just sad as 1. it didnt have to be. 2. my kids lost a potential great grandpa experience for their later years..( try explaining to a 7 and 8 yr old why grandpa doesn't want to see them anymore..)

i wish my Dad lived by your mantra. I hope for Meghan's sake she is not truly estranged. Nobody really know. I was and it sucked.

Long story short by dad and I were estranged by his choice. One day after some drama ( and you guys would all laugh on the stupidity of it, would have made for a great thread back then) my dad told me I am no longer part of his life, he will block my calls and emails. Gave up me, my DH and his 2 grandkids. I am an only child. This was in 2012.. I tried relentlessly to call, many times, sent pics of the kids, even stopped by unannounced (I live a loong flight away)when I learned he had cancer.. they would not open the door. He passed away in 2018.. What makes me sad is that I know he had to have had regrets. I don't have any regrets, as believe me I tried and tried. I was invited to his funeral like nothing happened, in fact half the family had no ideas we hadn't spoken in over 5 years.

He was just too proud, stubborn or controlled by a certain person. I am just sad as 1. it didnt have to be. 2. my kids lost a potential great grandpa experience for their later years..( try explaining to a 7 and 8 yr old why grandpa doesn't want to see them anymore..)
:flower3: Sorry - that sounds horrible. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter