Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It cannot be that leaving the UK due to the Press thing is the main reason and the reason for him "protecting" his family. Doesn't make sense. Remaining a working Royal would have offered more PR and real protection. For one the British "press" is highly "regulated" when it comes to the Royals especially their children. I am sure they know that staying in the U.K. would have offered them and Archie more protection that anywhere else in the world. And I dont think they did this simply to give the finger to the UK press for bad press. Good example is one rarely see any official picture of Kate's kids. They are not hounded in London by the British press. I believe only once a German publication published one photo of George being dropped off at school. The only time you really see private pictures of royal kids is when the parents are at polo matched. that is really it.. Sure there are other cases here and there, but i live in Europe and the Royals are actually given tons of press privacy seeing how VIP that are.

now they will have to deal with TMZ , Just Jared and the likes. Notice the British press left harry and William alone until they were adults. This was the deal the Royal Press office made with them. Also most of the racist negative comments are not PRESS comments but online troll comments on Twitter etc..Leaving the U.K. wont solve this..

Also remember the french paparazzi (Not legit press) where the ones chasing Diana. How ironic now to Harry, she left UK and got the killed. Also Diana was no holy figure when it came to the press, she toyed, played and also used them for her promotion. Back then she was in a phase of finding importance so the Press were often called and there is dispute if Dodi and his father were the one who alerted the Paps on that night.. Dodi's father was loving every second of the PR/Pap blitz that followed his son with the Princess of Wales.

And if you believe Twitter ( lol) supposedly the Sussex's own PR alerted a specific Pap group for the recent pictures taken in Vancouver. It is known that many celebrities alert the Paps in order to get free PR

SO MUCH THIS ^

No way this is about protecting his family from what happened to his mother. His mother left the royal family, lost her title, pursued her own works, tried living a private life ...... and we know the ending. He is leaving the royal family and his responsibilities, lost his title, wants to pursue his own works and have a more private fulfilling life for his family. Uh .... yeah about that. If he truly believed this was to avoid a repeat as he keeps hinting at then he is very foolish. I don't believe he is that foolish. I think he is making up excuses that people might buy for him going out and living a different lifestyle. I think the Queen knows this which is why he seems to have been given a black and white decision to make. He tried to play the sympathy card in his speech (I watched it) but ..... sometimes you can overplay your card.

They need to get on with their lives, be happy and stay out of the press other than their works and please stop talking about the issue itself. People do get tired of whining.

And I would add that they carefully made their choice. Whatever the reason, they have selected less protection from the tabloids and paps by moving to North America.

It nullifies all their talk of safety, protecting family from what happened to Diana etc.

After seeing Harry's statement, and also some pieces on TV that showed some extra viewpoints and clips of his past... I do now fully and totally understand Harry's position! He is not only protecting his family from paparazzi, but the demands and sacrifices that come with being a full member of the royal family. (Both are well aquainted with some fame....) From the day Dianna 'presented' him to the public, the very moment the umbilical cord was cut, to having to stand there and represent as he watched his mother's casket go by... He was never a concern or consideration. He never mattered. He never came first... ALWAYS the 'duty to the royal family'.

When it comes to any psychological and mental issues that have been discussed, and well addressed by Harry... I can now see this with such clarity. I think the huge 'crisis' over the simple fact that after delivery his wife and child should be paraded before the public, before there are even a couple of days to 'process' and heal, etc.. I think that is what took the so-called, months of consideration and 'talks' over the edge.

I also think that he and Meghan too are now coming to the awakening that they simply will not have their cake and eat it too.
It seems that the Queen held fast and did not offer them an easy 'out'.
And, IMHO, that is as it should be.

Seems curious if the problem revolves around too much public attention that someone would choose to strike out into very high profile endeavors, surround themselves frequently with the very famous and seemingly be embracing social media with both arms as a means to publicize their endeavors. More curious that a person would become "friends" with a journalist to the point where the journalist frequently and freely speaks out publicly about private matters and private viewpoints of the parties.

After seeing Harry's statement, and also some pieces on TV that showed some extra viewpoints and clips of his past... I do now fully and totally understand Harry's position! He is not only protecting his family from paparazzi, but the demands and sacrifices that come with being a full member of the royal family. (Both are well aquainted with some fame....) From the day Dianna 'presented' him to the public, the very moment the umbilical cord was cut, to having to stand there and represent as he watched his mother's casket go by... He was never a concern or consideration. He never mattered. He never came first... ALWAYS the 'duty to the royal family'.

When it comes to any psychological and mental issues that have been discussed, and well addressed by Harry... I can now see this with such clarity. I think the huge 'crisis' over the simple fact that after delivery his wife and child should be paraded before the public, before there are even a couple of days to 'process' and heal, etc.. I think that is what took the so-called, months of consideration and 'talks' over the edge.

I also think that he and Meghan too are now coming to the awakening that they simply will not have their cake and eat it too.
It seems that the Queen held fast and did not offer them an easy 'out'.
And, IMHO, that is as it should be.

At first glance all of what you say seems true. But, he isn’t saving anyone from the paparazzi, as has been said, they have more protection from them in the UK with the RF. So they are going into the fire, not coming out of it.

The expectations of him as a member of the RF, didn’t seem to be anything they were trying to get away from. Maybe the day to day “wear this length dress” or “stop eating when the queen does”. But from his speech, he seems to be planning to continue any work that he does with charities.

And the “paraded before the public after child birth” is a quick picture on leaving the hospital or place of birth. I looked at other royals first pictures of babies. Most are not made up and in heels like Kate and Meghan were. Diana wore an oversized dress and flats with Harry. Some aren’t even holding the baby. Seems like the level they took it to was a personal choice. And somewhere in this thread it was said that it isn’t even an expectation. Since William was the first one born in a hospital (from the article I read, I assume that is fact), I have to wonder how much of a “tradition” it actually is and how much is just the photographers catching them on the way out. And maybe now with Kate and Meghan it was actually more of an organized photo op because of restrictions on the paparazzi. Which of course would explain the hair, makeup and heels. But again, personal choice. But still they are part of the royal family. How could one not expect you that kind of stuff?

And I don’t think you are being fair on Harry’s treatment. We don’t know what the day to day family life is like. Their life is extremely different from anyone’s here. To say he doesn’t matter sounds like you are saying that the reportedly close relationship between Harry and his grandmother is all a lie.

The last part about the Queen holding fast, I do agree with.

Well, we know what we think we know, but none of us have first-hand knowledge.
~snip-

When I say “we see how her father is,” I mean we can literally see how he acts (the half-siblings too). The whole world has been given first-hand knowledge of their behavior because that side of the family has made a point to put themselves on display. In their nine-hour multi-day interviews, aggressive tweets that are so obsessive and threatening in nature law enforcement and watchlists get involved... One doesn’t need to speculate about what kind of people they might be in private because the people they are in public is reason enough for Meghan to not want a relationship with them.

Her mother, by contrast, has the good sense to keep her relationship with Meghan private and therefore none of us outsiders really know what that one is like, other than to say it seems pleasant enough from a distance.

@TipsyTraveler Did you by any chance have a chance to read the article I posted last night, and if so, did it do anything to sway your view of either the family or the father-daughter relationship? Or anyone else here reading? I wanted to post quotes from it but ran out of time. I still might later if I can. I thought it offered a lot of insight into their family.

Reposting

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...arkle-family-breakdown-thomas-samantha-markle
::yes:: I did, I had already come across that one. That family’s dysfunction always shines through, doesn’t it? I had forgotten about the sister’s Buckingham and Kensington Palace stunts. Ugh, those people are just so awful. :crazy2:

Can't believe this thread is still going on!
Why are Americans so obsessed with the Head of State of another country?
H&M can't keep themselves out of the media! I hope they can privatize their life as much as possible going forward, so we can finally stop hearing/talking about them altogether loll

Maybe posters find the discussion interesting.
Usually when a thread doesn't catch my attention I just scroll on by. ::yes::

QE2 is my head of state so yes it interests me.
My comment was regarding Americans.
Can you explain why Americans on this thread are so passionate about something that has nothing to do with you?
You all seem to be getting your knickers in a knot

Interested I see. Almost coming to blows like in this thread not so much,

Can you explain why Americans on this thread are so passionate about something that has nothing to do with you?

Americans are NOT allowed to show an interest in the RF?😮

I think people discuss what they'd like to discuss....on a discussion board. It would never occur to me to whinge on about someone's else's interests.

Some see the current situation as fine, others as a bit of a dust up. Pretty much like any other controversial subject. And for me that makes for an interesting discussion.

Last edited:

My last response was more jokey- but for a real response, I think everyone (not just Americans) these days are more passionate about everything. Look at the Kardashians- they have literally nothing to do with anyone, but people care about them so much they gave the whole family a career! People discuss what they like to discuss. A lot of things have nothing to do with you or I, but thats the beauty of free speech lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter