Is it ok To celebrate DD12 birthday quite early?

My gripe with this is the more people that lie about special events, the less Disney is going to do things for those events. At this point, CMs are aware that lots of people say it's their birthday when it isn't. My dad wore birthday ears on his last trip (on the actual day), and said he had lots of CMs asking when his birthday was and seeming surprised that it was that actual day - several commented that they get lots of people celebrating it way outside of when their actual birthday is. So while clearly it's a commonly done thing, I would imagine it must play into how special (or in this case, how not special) it is seen by the CMs when they see someone celebrating their birthday.

We were treated so well on our honeymoon there that my husband joked that we should say it's our honeymoon again on future trips! But I wouldn't do that, because in my opinion it can diminish that for people actually there on their honeymoon. So my kid with an early October birthday is just going to have to wait until he's out of school if he really wants to celebrate his birthday at Disney someday.

That's what we'll be doing! My DD's bday is in April, and I'm planning a trip for beginning of February. This trip is specifically her 5th bday trip (we've had it "planned" since before she was born). I don't want to go in April for several reasons: too hot for me, too close to Easter (depending on when Easter is), might run into spring breaks, and higher crowds. Sometimes birthdays aren't convenient!

I see some posters disagree and think it's wrong to say it's your bday when it's not, but I definitely think it's ok to do. Your plan (and mine) is very different from people who go and just willy nilly say it's a special occasion in order to get free stuff. I honestly don't care if Disney does anything extra for my DD for her bday. The trip is the celebration, not the free cake we may get.

Have fun!

Its perfectly fine as other have said. When I book the customer agent always asks if we are celebrating anything and notes it on the reservation. We are going in Feb on our next trip because the little one is so jealous of the cupcakes and birthday card (in our room) that the older one got gotten on our birthday. But my daughters birthday is in Aug while her half sister is in Feb. Finally convinced everyone to let her have a birthday trip in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!