Is it normal that they haven't updated early admission?

Having the ep is well worth it when going in the summer months!

Parks are crowded and waits will be less for you by using the ep and single rider lines.

Both parks usually have EE to help
With the crowd levels in the summer

Many can move on to different things in the parks after they completed Potter sections early morning

There is a lot more in the parks besides Potter

So glad it's updated, and both parks will be open early during our visit! We have two days in the parks, Sunday July 16th starting at around noon, and Monday, June 17th starting with early opening. One park, one day tickets. We are staying at Royal Pacific so will have EP. Any opinions as to which park we should do for early opening and which one we should do Sunday afternoon/evening? If only one park had been open early, it would have been easier to choose!

My first thought is to do the Studios on Sunday because Gringotts's line is often shorter than Forbidden Journey and we might want to take advantage of early opening for that (we can use our EP for Minions, so that's nice). Does that sound reasonable? I think with the addition of Hulk and Kong - both of which were not open during our visit last year - we ride about the same number of rides in each park.

You have a valid point on which park to hit first

Many have read the books and start the park rides as it appears in them

So if you reverse your park and hit the one out of sequence could have lighter crowd waits for Potter main ride

Catch 22 as there always is a catch with planning...

Don't know if homies in the park are there in their first day or second or third

In the summer many fly out go home on Sunday
Kids are out of school but the parents have jobs
Theory still holds for me with Sunday's a better bet for decent or lighter crowds

I've found the lines for rides to be longer during EE hours than most of the rest of the day, due to US/IoA only opening the HP areas during EE. Last week when we were there, as well as late March, the waits for Forbidden Journey during EE hours were consistently 40-60 minutes, while they were 20-30 during the rest of the day. Wish Universal would open an entire park to spread the crowd, instead of just the small areas.

Is it normal for neither park to have EE the last 2 weeks of August? It looks like there's only EE Aug 1-20.

Thank you all for your responses. From the sound of it, it sounds like although we have the express passes using the HE will not do us any good because of EE in each park at that time? In other words, we wont be able to take HE to get to the other park in order to ride the rides there? Or at least the lines will be shorter right?

Hi you can ride the HE with the park to park and I would consider it if you go to one park for EE then take it to the other park. You will only have on site resort guests early so the lines still won't be that bad till it opens to the public. What we do in July is alternate the EE on the park and be at the other one for HP before the general public opening.

Hi Yes they stop it in mid August and go back to one park

So then by the looks of it, VB will be our EE for the week we're there...that kinda sucks. I understand both "main" parks not having it at that time, but to take it away from both doesn't make sense to me.

So then by the looks of it, VB will be our EE for the week we're there...that kinda sucks. I understand both "main" parks not having it at that time, but to take it away from both doesn't make sense to me.
Either IOA or US will have EE as well. Always at least one of the two non water parks has it.

With HHN taking making USO close so early every night in September, does anything think that EE will be there most times?

We were there last July and are going again this year. I could have sworn the EE entry time was 7am last year, because it conflicted with the club lounge opening. So this year EE is an hour later at 8am? Do I have that right?

If so I am pleased we can eat the breakfast we are paying for and sleep an hour later!!!

We were there last July and are going again this year. I could have sworn the EE entry time was 7am last year, because it conflicted with the club lounge opening. So this year EE is an hour later at 8am? Do I have that right?

If so I am pleased we can eat the breakfast we are paying for and sleep an hour later!!!
Yes, regular park opening is at 9 am.

How does the AP EE work? Does it tend to follow the same schedule as that for onsite guests? I will be visiting Su-Th in early October.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!