Is it just me....

we buy the waffles and yes they are not good... but neither are the Eggo... both sort of taste like the cardboard box smells.
I welcome the bars which we have not seen yet being Disney charges 6 bucks each now... Much rather pay for decent Ice cream at Disney then chocolate covered standard ice cream.

Foolish me thought they'd be selling much longer. They were cute, a few different Mickey Icons on the cookie round. I would have ( SHOULD have) bought more and froze them for a future Perk Me Up.

The Mickey Eggo waffles? Those have been out for a while (2017?) My 3 year old has been eating them for at least a year or more. They are OK, but not really anything like the ones you get at Disney.

I bought the Mickey waffles & Oreos. The waffles were tossed after the first one. Brought the cookies to work where people will eat anything. Threw out half the package a few days later. I hope the ice cream bars will actually taste as good as they look, unlike the waffles & Oreos.

Yeah, the Mickey waffles are LITERALLY Eggo homestyle waffles shaped like a Mickey head.

Also, the new ice cream bars are NOT the same. They are that crappy, low fat ice milk ice cream and the coating is super thin. They taste like Klondike bars, not Mickey Premium bars.

Don't be upset about these items being available in supermarkets.

Not at all. The frozen Mickey waffles are not real Mickey waffles, so those don't count.
I'll admit, I'm excited to be able to get a Mickey ice cream bar at home, those things are awesome! Fingers crossed they're the same as the park!

These items are limited edition for Mickey's 90th birthday.
I don't see them being around next year at this time so no I don't think it takes away from the park magic at all.
Plus there are many that don't get to go to the parks very often if at all and it gives them a bit of magic at home.
Personally I've never even eaten a Mickey waffle even though I've been quite a number of times so I may just go out and buy the eggo Mickey waffles just for fun

I was in the grocery store the other day and noticed that you can now buy Mickey mouse waffles and soon the stores will also carry the Mickey mouse ears ice cream bars.
Is it just me or does it take away the nostalgia just a little.... these are the little things we look forward to on our Disney vacation...

What are your thoughts?
I'm just curious...
I agree but as long as they are limited edition I think it will be okay. I’m cautious

What difference does it make if they're limited edition? If you want to buy them to "take the magic home" then do it. If you don't want to "ruin the magic," then don't buy them.

Junk food shouldn't be an existential crisis.

I don't eat Mickey shaped anything or anywhere so the proliferation for a wider audience doesn't bother me. Diabetes runs in my family and it's not gonna catch me willingly.
Wait, but that's not true!
I found a new love for freshly made Mickey waffles while staying at GF's CL-SL over the Christmas holidays.
I waited until the lounge's cook finished making a batch and picked up a nice crisp one. I'd occupied my wait time by mixing the butter balls with pancake syrup (was disappointed they dinna have maple syrup) and cinnamon from the coffee area. Was sooooooo good I piggishly had another and this time I added a Mickey shaped turbinado sugar cube, a lil OJ, and nixed the pancake syrup from the melange. Made a wonderous glaze of sugar and spice with citrus over the waffle which just melted into the nooks and crannies and made my tea taste better;).

Yesssssssssss I had to do some extra curls in the exercise room but it was worth every stinking minute, LOL

My son was so excited to see Mickey waffles in the store. We actually bought a box today to try to hold us over until we can eat the good stuff on our next visit.
We’ve had them around here for years! They are just Mickey shaped eggos, nothing like the WDW variety but fun for little kids :)

I don't mind Disney themed food in general - eggos, oreos, goldfish crackers are NBD. I think when you are replicating an exact, signature food from WDW it's a little too much. To me, treats you can only get at WDW (even if they're not THAT special lol) are part of the experience. Disney can make all the themed foods they want, but some WDW items are sacred!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter