Is it just me? I.E. new automated voice when you call DVC.

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
Is it just me or what? The new automated voice you now hear when you call Member Services is horrible. Why did they change it? It is so un-Disney and seems so tacky. I am sure there was some kind of reason but please do tell me it was to save a buck. That excuse has worn thin with me....smjj

I had to send them a note about it. It's grating. I've had to call in a few times in the past week and dislike it more and more.

I guess, due to budget cuts, they didn't have enough left over to pay someone to remove the tin can from the head of the person recording the dialogue.

It's not actually a problem, but it's the internet so it's imperative that at least some people complain about pretty much everything.

OK.

It's awesome.

Or maybe we just have different opinions and preferences.

It's not actually a problem, but it's the internet so it's imperative that at least some people complain about pretty much everything.

I did not say it was a problem, I said I preferred the other more human voice that was much more Disney than some automated generic voice. I thought this was a place where one could voice not only positives about all thing Disney but where one could also voice concerns or opinions about something about all things Disney that they would like to see changed or question why it was changed, guess I was wrong....smjj

I did not say it was a problem, I said I preferred the other more human voice that was much more Disney than some automated generic voice. I thought this was a place where one could voice not only positives about all thing Disney but where one could also voice concerns or opinions about something about all things Disney that they would like to see changed or question why it was changed, guess I was wrong....smjj

Not true. All opinions are welcome here :)

I posted about this a few weeks back - the new voice is terrible! I honestly thought I'd called the wrong number and then I was thinking I had hallucinated the old, nice voice :rotfl:

I really hope they'll change it and this is just a placeholder for what is being recorded. PLEASE change it, DVC! If they're not going to change it to that terrible robot for everyone, why only do it for DVC members? :confused:

I wanted to ask this week when I called if they receive a lot of complaints about it. Then I remembered I'd have more luck asking a bus driver. It's not pleasant at all.

I just heard it for the first time yesterday, it's awful! I miss the old voice, it was so welcoming and Disney feeling! What is with the long pauses this new one does? I thought 3 times that I had been cut off!

So bizarre...when I called from home in SoCal Monday I got the same female voice/promptings. Yesterday from here at WDW I also received the weird male computer voice. Definitely grating! I’ll have to call when again when I get back home to see if I still get the female voice there???:confused3

I had to call last night and I forgot that the voice changed. When I heard it, I had to make sure I called the right number. I do not like it, I miss the more magical voice and pixie dust sound.

Was the old voice better? Yes.

But its a phone number - who cares. At the end of the day, each time Disney wanted to change the message for whatever reason, they would have had to hire the voice actor to sit and record the new prompts. That takes time and costs money. This new "robot" voice means they can change the prompt at any time of the day or night by simply typing a new message. This reduces cost which is a good thing for our dues.

I admit it sounds a bit strange, especially when talking about 'making magic for other members' - but this really does make sense.

Was the old voice better? Yes.

But its a phone number - who cares. At the end of the day, each time Disney wanted to change the message for whatever reason, they would have had to hire the voice actor to sit and record the new prompts. That takes time and costs money. This new "robot" voice means they can change the prompt at any time of the day or night by simply typing a new message. This reduces cost which is a good thing for our dues.

I admit it sounds a bit strange, especially when talking about 'making magic for other members' - but this really does make sense.

The day they reduce dues because of this I'll send you a check for the amount I save. ;)

The cost of paying a voice actor when spread across the millions of points is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction per point. However here's the main thing - DVC gets a straight 12% budget calculated on the remaining Operating and Capital budgets (less a few line items) for MS administration and can keep what they don't spend. It's a profit center for them and those few dollars they save will go in their pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!