Is it evil or not??

To my fellow DVC members I beat the waitlist/booking software Tuesday night. We booked CCV Dec.26-Jan.3 many moons ago and was trying to add a few nights on the front end of our reservation. Of course nothing has been available in a studio where my family likes to stay. On Tuesday night while doing "paperwork' on my computer I decided to pick one resort "BCV" and put in nights on the front end of my existing reservation and see what happens. I kept going back and updating the page. This went on for a few hours and all of a sudden (I would updated the page around ten times in a row before going back to my "paperwork") Dec.24,25,26 popped up. Not realizing the exact dates I just went forward and grabbed them as quick as I could. After the dust cleared I had reserved 3 nights at BCV. So my question is if this happened to you would you feel guilty that someone cancelled those nights it went back into inventory and you grabbed it just before the waitlist software grabbed it for someone on the wait list? We are talking about a BVC studio Christmas time I just can't imagine how many people are waitlisted for those nights. BTW: I did throw back Dec.26 last night as that's when our CCV starts and really didn't need it......Personally I don't feel evil just want to know how others think if they were in this situation.....:worship:

EVIL GENIUS!:darth:
You've given me hope and a strategy for my current waitlist

If you didn't grab it, its likely someone else would have before it hit any waitlist (if there was one).

If Disney wanted to make sure that released reservations went into holding to get a waitlist match before becoming available, they have had YEARS to make that system change. Its a system change I'd like to see made because it more closely matches what I think of as "fair" - but "not fair" does not equal evil....but the pragmatist in me recognizes you work with reality as it exists, not a utopian dream.

If you didn't grab it, its likely someone else would have before it hit any waitlist (if there was one).

If Disney wanted to make sure that released reservations went into holding to get a waitlist match before becoming available, they have had YEARS to make that system change. Its a system change I'd like to see made because it more closely matches what I think of as "fair" - but "not fair" does not equal evil....but the pragmatist in me recognizes you work with reality as it exists, not a utopian dream.
I understand and agree. Recently DVC has fallen further away from my expectations of the system I bought into.

I understand and agree. Recently DVC has fallen further away from my expectations of the system I bought into.

I'm sorry to hear that Bobbi. May I ask in what way?

I don't consider the system perfect but haven't noticed any great changes that vary from what we bought into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter