Is it ever too early?? ~~ A December 2021 PTR ~~

Samrsp93

Earning My Ears
Hello! Welcome to what my husband considers to be absolute insanity :rolleyes1

Is it too early to begin planning a trip in February December 2021? (Due to life we have pushed our trip back to Dec.) Never! This is my first PTR, and will precede my first TR. I am so excited to begin sharing with you all! I hope I don't bore you all too much :oops: This is the first time I have planned a trip, my mom has always planned our trips when I was growing up, and that is 100% where I inherited my love of Disney. The last time I went to Disney was Oct. 2013. Food and Wine was going on, and I had just turned 20... I was so sad I couldn't drink lol. My husband has only been once, and even then they only went to AK back in 2008.

Funny story, he was there with his family the first week of Dec in 2008, guess who was also there the first week of Dec in 2008? ME! It really is a small world :scared1: We wouldn't meet until 2016.

Cast

Our little family consists of me, Sam, a 26 year old SAHM, my DH Tyler 28, and our DS Samuel currently almost 2.

us.jpg

My parents plan on making an appearance but it all depends on what my plans are. They definitely want to be there when we visit MK, and they have volunteered to babysit while DH and I go to Oga's cantina and get our thrill ride fix. They would most likely be there for 2-3 days, and as the 2nd is my mother birthday, I expect them to have a nice adult only dinner.

Dad.jpg

mom.jpg

Here are my parents in Disneyland for their 30th anniversary. My mom is @tiffer66 here on the Dis :cool1:

Our plans are still a little vague, but I am currently looking at 01/31-02/06. Our son turns 3 in April so as long as it's before then I'll be happy. But in an effort to avoid Easter and Spring break traffic I am leaning early Feb. It will be a 7 day, 6 night reservation. I am torn between buying tickets for all 5 days, sticking with 4. My gut says go with 5 because we can always take a rest/resort day and run to a park in the evening.

We plan on driving so we will leave the 30th, stop for the night, and arrive the morning of the 31st. We decided to drive mainly because I don't think flying will be in our budget, and I like the idea of having our car if we need it with a young child.

Question, if we are driving, would y'all recommend renting a stroller or should we just bring our own?

We are planning on staying at Pop, I have stayed there before with my family in the past, and I think the food court and overall set up will work for my family. I like the ambiance, the price, and I have tons of wonderful memories with my family.

If anyone is reading, thank you! Stay tuned for my dining plans!

Last edited:
Dining

I have a loooong list of places I want to eat. We are definitely food people, and it is very hard for me to narrow everything down. I am planning on the dining plan for two reasons.
1. My husband and I are big drinkers. Not in a bad way, but when on vacation we want to relax. :drinking1
2. I have a lot of stress and anxiety about budgets, and even if I find something on the menu I really want, I will always pick the cheaper option. And I don't want to do that on our trip. I want to order whatever sounds good to me knowing it is already paid for.

On arrival day we are planning on dinner at Disney Springs. We are still debating between Homecomin’ and Polite Pig. I know which I would prefer but am leaving this one up to DH since I am picking out most everything else.

I tentatively :scared: know which table service meals I am aiming for.

For breakfast, Kona Cafe, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace.
Dinner, Artist Point, and Coral Reef, and Sebastian's Bistro

There is a chance it might change to make room for Space 220, which would mean us either dropping Sebastian’s Bistro, or Coral Reef.

I am trying not to “plan” too many QS, but there are a few places I am dead set on. Yak & Yeti, Flame Tree BBQ (for DH while I am eating Y&Y), Woody's Lunchbox, and Be our Guest for Lunch. I do however have a list of the preferred stops in case we are hungry.

DH is planning on drinking around the world in Epcot so I have a list of the places he can get a drink, and then I have a separate list for places I want snacks from.

Drinking around the world;
Choza De Margarita - Mexico, Beer Cart - Norway, Joy of Tea - China, Weinkeller – Germany,
La Bottega – Italy, Black & Hans – US, Kobuki Café – Japan, Juice bar – Morocco,
Les Vins – France, Rose & Crown Pub – UK, Popcorn Cart – Canada

There are the world showcase places I want snacks from;
Kringla Bakerie, Spice Road, Les Halles Patisserie, Boulangerie Patisserie, Karamell-Kuche

I have another (much longer) list of all the other places I want snacks on. Its no wonder people go to Disney, spend all day walking and still end up putting on a few pounds :rotfl:

Reactions: DLo
]Its never to early to plan! I am in the first begining stages of a Sept/Oct 2021 trip :flower: can'twait to hear how all this goes :)

]Its never to early to plan! I am in the first begining stages of a Sept/Oct 2021 trip :flower: can'twait to hear how all this goes :)
That's so exciting! I needed somewhere to get all my thoughts out 😁 Thank you for reading!

Hi! I'm glad to see someone else planning early! :flower1:

It looks like you have a great start. I'll be following along to see what you have in store since we are planning our honeymoon trip almost exactly one year after you'll be there. :sunny: I'm already making notes for my PTR.

1. My husband and I are big drinkers. Not in a bad way, but when on vacation we want to relax. :drinking1

Same. I feel like the tipsy crowd is underrepresented in the Disney fan community. 🍻🍻🍻 You will be visiting a month after us. Cheers!

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I updated. We've been very busy! We moved into a new house, DH started a new job, and then Corona. Life has definitely been interesting here lately. We have made a few changes to our Disney plans, we have decided to push back our trip and to go during the holidays like I really wanted to in the beginning. We are tentatively planning December 2021. I am still looking at February, but being realistic about our current situation December looks a lot more promising. None of the details will change about our trip, but I might look into MVMCP. Stay tuned for more! I hope ya'll are all staying safe and healthy!

Hello all! I wanted to drop in and announce some exciting news! We're having another baby in December! AND.... It's a GIRL!!!! :cheer2::woohoo:princess: That is one major reason for rescheduling our trip. Life has been pretty crazy here lately, but I wouldn't change it :love:

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!