Is it easy to get to Disneyland Paris from the city of Paris?

That line doesn't have strikes? Sounds really easy with the stop opening right out to Disneyland. I really want to go since I've been to two parks now and will be so close it would be a shame not to go to another.
Not saying that. But the transit system is well prepared to deal with strikes. Strikes do not shut down the whole system. There are so many Metro and RER lines that intersect that if the strike shuts down or limits one line, you can always catch another one to reach your destination. While we were there during the strike, a couple times we were routed to a different train on a different line, but we always reached our destination.

Not saying that. But the transit system is well prepared to deal with strikes. Strikes do not shut down the whole system. There are so many Metro and RER lines that intersect that if the strike shuts down or limits one line, you can always catch another one to reach your destination. While we were there during the strike, a couple times we were routed to a different train on a different line, but we always reached our destination.

Not saying a strike anywhere won't impact your trip, but I don't think it's something to stress about. One of the things I really wanted to do was visit the catacombs and knew going first thing in the morning would be best. So for our plans Saturday, our last full day, was the day. We got there only to see them putting up a sign saying they were on strike. Had no idea so we moved along. If I get back to somewhere close to Paris I'll take the time to try and go again.

The other thing I hadn't read about, even when on their website buying tickets, was all the work being done around the bottom of the Eiffel Tower and that it wasn't going to be totally clear where to enter or how to get out when we were done. It just meant more walking and using gps to find out way. Not a huge deal.

What any trip is about is memories and a strike, bad weather, delays for whatever, rides go down and anything else that happens is all part of travel and everyday life really.

That sounds really stressful. We are considering flying direct into Paris, but I feel like when the flights come out it'll be cheaper for us to fly round trip into London and take the train into Paris from there. I should write the city and tell them to hold off on strikes for the week I'm there as a honeymoon gift to me :) -

Eurostar - is the high speed train. I pulled it up using this Saturday for a example - for 2 travelers, one way, is 434.00 and I think that is in euro's ( so close to 500.00 US) - from London - St-Pancras to Paris- Nord - you will need to add in the cost of getting to the station is London( I'm not sure if you can access it from the airport), then add in the cost of from the station in Paris getting to your hotel, you might need to get on another train to get into the area( Arrondissements) where your hotel is, then depending on how far you are possibly using a taxi or uber to get to your hotel. Also you need to take into consideration, the time change and jet lag, and put in some wiggle room for snack and drinks while waiting around. We figured out we were up almost 23 hours - I am also most done with my trip report if you want to check it out.

Eurostar - is the high speed train. I pulled it up using this Saturday for a example - for 2 travelers, one way, is 434.00 and I think that is in euro's ( so close to 500.00 US) - from London - St-Pancras to Paris- Nord - you will need to add in the cost of getting to the station is London( I'm not sure if you can access it from the airport), then add in the cost of from the station in Paris getting to your hotel, you might need to get on another train to get into the area( Arrondissements) where your hotel is, then depending on how far you are possibly using a taxi or uber to get to your hotel. Also you need to take into consideration, the time change and jet lag, and put in some wiggle room for snack and drinks while waiting around. We figured out we were up almost 23 hours - I am also most done with my trip report if you want to check it out.
So that is a lot of money, hmm. I guess we'll have to play around with the numbers and see which one comes out cheaper, maybe we will just fly direct into Paris and take the train to London afterwards. Can you post the link to your trip report?

That sounds really stressful. We are considering flying direct into Paris, but I feel like when the flights come out it'll be cheaper for us to fly round trip into London and take the train into Paris from there. I should write the city and tell them to hold off on strikes for the week I'm there as a honeymoon gift to me :) -

That price will probably have been in British pounds rather than Euros. The Eurostar prices go up closer to the date you travel so if you looked at this Saturday as an example it will have been a much higher price than if you booked well in advance. You can get some very cheap Eurostar tickets . I looked at a date in November and they were available for £44 one way.
However you are correct that you would also need to factor in the transfer between airport and Eurostar station. The station is right in the centre of London whereas the airport is on the outskirts

That price will probably have been in British pounds rather than Euros. The Eurostar prices go up closer to the date you travel so if you looked at this Saturday as an example it will have been a much higher price than if you booked well in advance. You can get some very cheap Eurostar tickets . I looked at a date in November and they were available for £44 one way.
However you are correct that you would also need to factor in the transfer between airport and Eurostar station. The station is right in the centre of London whereas the airport is on the outskirts
How does it work if I buy the tickets and they are in pounds, but I'm buying from the US. Does the credit card do the exchange rate? We would definitely be buying the tickets really far in advance so that's good to know they are cheaper the farther out. It's hard trying to figure things out when its too far in advance to buy anything.

Yes, your credit card will exchange. You'll probably get to deal with this anyway, because if you want to go up the Eiffel tower or something, it's best to buy your tickets in advance (or you should be as crazy as we were and take the stairs). How it works with my credit card, I can see the reservation (like normal) for a given amount in euro's and after it's processed the amount might change (lower, they like to play it safe ;)) and I see the amount in dollars and the exchange rate in the information of the transaction
Ok cool, always nice to get a deal. We are planning on buying tickets for everything we want to do in advance that way we don't have to wait in any long lines or worry about things being sold out. I'm a bit of a planner :) If you take the stairs is it free to go up?

No, the stairs aren't free, they are a bit cheaper though and in our case, they didn't have a line (maybe an exceptional circumstance because it was 3 weeks after the terrorists attacks and there weren't that many people in Paris anyway) and I didn't plan a lot in Paris, only a bike ride on the first morning and tickets for Cirque du Soleil, the real reason we were there, with the stairs, we could squeeze in a visit before the show, with the elevator, we couldn't
That makes sense. We'll probably stick with the elevator then. I really want to eat in the restaurant located in it. When I was in Las Vegas we ate at the restaurant in their Eiffel Tower, it was a really cool experience.

I really want to eat in the restaurant located in it. When I was in Las Vegas we ate at the restaurant in their Eiffel Tower, it was a really cool experience.
If you're talking about the Jules Verne restaurant, make your reservations ASAP. It fills up well in advance.

And, FWIW, Disney was the one activity we did without buying advance tickets. The ticket line at the park took less than five minutes

If you're talking about the Jules Verne restaurant, make your reservations ASAP. It fills up well in advance.

And, FWIW, Disney was the one activity we did without buying advance tickets. The ticket line at the park took less than five minutes
The restaurant books up a year and a half out?

Dh and I just got back in May,2018...

We used Ezyshuttle, private car company. ( Picked us up at CDG from the flight over took us to our hotel in Paris) then again Picked us up on time at our Hotel in Paris, then took us to Newport Bay Hotel, at Disneyland Paris. Here's our reasoning and how we came to the decision.

1) We had thought about the going the route of the trains, but with the strike going on I did not want to take a chance on any issue's, Striking is a normal thing in Paris, and apparently it happens frequently. We did not use the metro or RER the whole time we were there, even the hotel suggested that we not use the trains, as we might get some where and not be able to get back. We talked to another American couple who went on a tour that left Paris using the trains, and then could not get back into Paris that night. So the choice was try to find a hotel in the village they were in, and hope the trains were running the next day.... or paying for to get them back, is what they ended up doing. The tour company tried to help, and arrange for them to share a ride with 2 other couples trying to get back into Paris, which one of the couple had a 6:00 am flight. Another thought, in France schedules really don't matter, they are not strictly adhered to, more like a suggestion. You might be able to get there on the train, but what time does the last train leave, and will you be able to get on it.

2) When staying at Disneyland, your park tickets are included, plus you get all the perks on staying on site. We were so glad we booked and stayed on site. Plus the last thing after walking all day, we wanted was to be packed on a train, then still once into Paris more walking back to your hotel at night...

Where can I look into booking with them? TIA

We were staying at Normandy Hotel located near the Louvre. Gate One travel is right downtown. We added a day at Disneyland Paris the night before. Super easy. Took a charter bus out for the day and back. It wasn't expensive at all and such a simple process. Enjoy!

How does it work if I buy the tickets and they are in pounds, but I'm buying from the US. Does the credit card do the exchange rate? We would definitely be buying the tickets really far in advance so that's good to know they are cheaper the farther out. It's hard trying to figure things out when its too far in advance to buy anything.
They will convert it for you, however, check your card to see if they charge a foreign transaction fee. Sometimes it can be an additional 3%. I use the Uber Visa card through Barclays for all foreign currency purchases because it doesnt charge any foreign fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts