Is it easy to get to Disneyland Paris from the city of Paris?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm planning my honeymoon trip for next September and we are going to be spending a week in Paris before our Disney cruise. I'd like to go for a day or two to Disneyland, but I'm wondering if it might be too complicated to get there since we won't have a car?

we used a private transfer taxi which was very easy but more expensive than the trains, im sure you could get lots done in the one day if you get there early! :)

we used a private transfer taxi which was very easy but more expensive than the trains, im sure you could get lots done in the one day if you get there early! :)
I think we'd probably just keep our hotel we have in Paris and then go in for the day, would be easier than lugging luggage around. I've done park open to close at WDW so I could definitely do it there. :)

The journey by RER (commuter branch of the metro) takes about 40 mins from Central Paris and is a direct line. It connects from the main Paris metro system at several stations. As said Marne la Vallee Station is right at the gates of DLP and is the end of the line.

The trip will cost approx 16Euros return per adult and the trains are very regular.

https://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/paris-metro-map-2014.pdf

The journey by RER (commuter branch of the metro) takes about 40 mins from Central Paris and is a direct line. It connects from the main Paris metro system at several stations. As said Marne la Vallee Station is right at the gates of DLP and is the end of the line.

The trip will cost approx 16Euros return per adult and the trains are very regular.

https://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/paris-metro-map-2014.pdf
Thanks! This sounds really easy to plan. I love all things Disney so it would be a shame to be so close and not visit.

I just decided to join my DD for a Paris trip. She is doing a course for a week, and we are touring Paris a few days before. I have a week after, so I am going to try for Disneyland Paris for a day. My first question was how to get there on the train, so thanks for asking and answering DISers! I was thinking of going to WDW while she was away, but this will get my Disney fix in.

Dh and I just got back in May,2018...

We used Ezyshuttle, private car company. ( Picked us up at CDG from the flight over took us to our hotel in Paris) then again Picked us up on time at our Hotel in Paris, then took us to Newport Bay Hotel, at Disneyland Paris. Here's our reasoning and how we came to the decision.

1) We had thought about the going the route of the trains, but with the strike going on I did not want to take a chance on any issue's, Striking is a normal thing in Paris, and apparently it happens frequently. We did not use the metro or RER the whole time we were there, even the hotel suggested that we not use the trains, as we might get some where and not be able to get back. We talked to another American couple who went on a tour that left Paris using the trains, and then could not get back into Paris that night. So the choice was try to find a hotel in the village they were in, and hope the trains were running the next day.... or paying for to get them back, is what they ended up doing. The tour company tried to help, and arrange for them to share a ride with 2 other couples trying to get back into Paris, which one of the couple had a 6:00 am flight. Another thought, in France schedules really don't matter, they are not strictly adhered to, more like a suggestion. You might be able to get there on the train, but what time does the last train leave, and will you be able to get on it.

2) When staying at Disneyland, your park tickets are included, plus you get all the perks on staying on site. We were so glad we booked and stayed on site. Plus the last thing after walking all day, we wanted was to be packed on a train, then still once into Paris more walking back to your hotel at night...

Dh and I just got back in May,2018...

We used Ezyshuttle, private car company. ( Picked us up at CDG from the flight over took us to our hotel in Paris) then again Picked us up on time at our Hotel in Paris, then took us to Newport Bay Hotel, at Disneyland Paris. Here's our reasoning and how we came to the decision.

1) We had thought about the going the route of the trains, but with the strike going on I did not want to take a chance on any issue's, Striking is a normal thing in Paris, and apparently it happens frequently. We did not use the metro or RER the whole time we were there, even the hotel suggested that we not use the trains, as we might get some where and not be able to get back. We talked to another American couple who went on a tour that left Paris using the trains, and then could not get back into Paris that night. So the choice was try to find a hotel in the village they were in, and hope the trains were running the next day.... or paying for to get them back, is what they ended up doing. The tour company tried to help, and arrange for them to share a ride with 2 other couples trying to get back into Paris, which one of the couple had a 6:00 am flight. Another thought, in France schedules really don't matter, they are not strictly adhered to, more like a suggestion. You might be able to get there on the train, but what time does the last train leave, and will you be able to get on it.

2) When staying at Disneyland, your park tickets are included, plus you get all the perks on staying on site. We were so glad we booked and stayed on site. Plus the last thing after walking all day, we wanted was to be packed on a train, then still once into Paris more walking back to your hotel at night...
I have heard about the strikes that happen there a lot, that's a little bit disconcerting. I have a few things I want to do that would be easiest with a train. Do you know if they have taxis or Uber there? Ezyshuttle could be a good way to go. That's scary how people got stranded because of a strike. I don't think we'd stay at a hotel at Disney, I'm trying to get my Fiance to agree to go, but he is dragging his feet a bit and I think he'd only say ok to one day there.

Yes the French love to strike, but it's not like they will come up with that in the middle of the day and you won't be able to get back. Or at least, that's very very rare, most of the time (and it currently is), they announce the strikes in advance. The current strike won't impact the train to DLP, but might impact you getting to that train, somebody explained it really well in an other post (which trains are and aren't involved). If you are limited in time and only want to go one day, I wouldn't bother with a move, the trains are easy and they are so frequent that the schedule isn't really needed
That's good to know. I know when we were looking at things there was a scheduled strike happening. It might be too complicated to get to Disney, but I have a year and a half to convince him :)

I have heard about the strikes that happen there a lot, that's a little bit disconcerting. I have a few things I want to do that would be easiest with a train. Do you know if they have taxis or Uber there? Ezyshuttle could be a good way to go. That's scary how people got stranded because of a strike. I don't think we'd stay at a hotel at Disney, I'm trying to get my Fiance to agree to go, but he is dragging his feet a bit and I think he'd only say ok to one day there.
They most definitely have uber there! We started out using metro mostly, but then my family was getting pretty exhausted with all the stairs (elevators and escalators are in short supply at metro stations). Switched to taking the bus (which actually worked pretty well). But eventually we just started taking Ubers for our last day or two. Just so much easier!

You can get a 7-day metro pass, which I would highly recommend too. It is about 23 euro, plus 5 euro for the card itself, and goes from Monday morning-Sunday evening. Includes all metro, bus, RER, including to/from CDG, Versailles, Disneyland Paris. I honestly used it so much, especially at the end of the week when I separated from my family and could just hop a bus to go down the street a bit (6 days in a row of 25,000+ steps can get exhausting)!

I was just in Paris two weeks ago and the strikes did not impact our ability to get to or from Disneyland (just take the RER red line). The ride took about thirty minutes each way and as mentioned, the train stops right at the front gate to Disney. You can't miss it because its the last stop on that line and it even says Disney on all the train signs for that stop

I have heard about the strikes that happen there a lot, that's a little bit disconcerting. I have a few things I want to do that would be easiest with a train. Do you know if they have taxis or Uber there? Ezyshuttle could be a good way to go. That's scary how people got stranded because of a strike. I don't think we'd stay at a hotel at Disney, I'm trying to get my Fiance to agree to go, but he is dragging his feet a bit and I think he'd only say ok to one day there. -
We used taxi's and did not have a problem except once. You need tell them where you are going and ask "combine S'il vous plait" - "how much please" before you get in. Pull your destination up on your phone and take a picture, have this ready, This way you can show it to the driver. There is Uber also, but we did not use it this trip.
We did the math on the staying verses making it a day trip, and for us it was a great decision. We loved it... DLP is about a hour or so outside of Paris.

That's good to know. I know when we were looking at things there was a scheduled strike happening. It might be too complicated to get to Disney, but I have a year and a half to convince him :)
- They do post the strike dates, but its not set in stone. Air France added a day another day that no-one was expecting. We were flying from Orlando to JFK to CDG and Air France added a strike day that effected us, I was a nightmare to get straighten out. We knew 30 hours before, we had to fly out much earlier and go through Detroit, to CDG, which add around 2 hours to our already long day.

Yes the French love to strike, but it's not like they will come up with that in the middle of the day and you won't be able to get back. Or at least, that's very very rare, most of the time (and it currently is), they announce the strikes in advance. The current strike won't impact the train to DLP, but might impact you getting to that train, somebody explained it really well in an other post (which trains are and aren't involved). If you are limited in time and only want to go one day, I wouldn't bother with a move, the trains are easy and they are so frequent that the schedule isn't really needed

DH and I looked at booking that same tour, but we would have had to be on a train at like 6:00 am....which we decided against it.... so I don't know if the early morning hours had anything to do with it.

I would like to ask you a question - is it common that they just shut down sites earlier than what is shown on the websites or on what is posted. We ran into this twice when we were trying to visit the Conciergerie is was suppose to close at like 5:30 or 6:00 and it was just after 4:00 and they turn us and other away, the gentleman said, close early due to the strike, and then we wanted to visit the Archaeological crypt at Notre Dame, and it was closed, even though we were visiting on a day it should have been opened. We asked, and were told
" pas aujourd'hui" which means "not today" I think or something close to that.

They most definitely have uber there! We started out using metro mostly, but then my family was getting pretty exhausted with all the stairs (elevators and escalators are in short supply at metro stations). Switched to taking the bus (which actually worked pretty well). But eventually we just started taking Ubers for our last day or two. Just so much easier!

You can get a 7-day metro pass, which I would highly recommend too. It is about 23 euro, plus 5 euro for the card itself, and goes from Monday morning-Sunday evening. Includes all metro, bus, RER, including to/from CDG, Versailles, Disneyland Paris. I honestly used it so much, especially at the end of the week when I separated from my family and could just hop a bus to go down the street a bit (6 days in a row of 25,000+ steps can get exhausting)!
That's awesome to hear, we love using Uber here so that would definitely be an option when we go over there. That is a lot of steps!

I was just in Paris two weeks ago and the strikes did not impact our ability to get to or from Disneyland (just take the RER red line). The ride took about thirty minutes each way and as mentioned, the train stops right at the front gate to Disney. You can't miss it because its the last stop on that line and it even says Disney on all the train signs for that stop
That line doesn't have strikes? Sounds really easy with the stop opening right out to Disneyland. I really want to go since I've been to two parks now and will be so close it would be a shame not to go to another.

- They do post the strike dates, but its not set in stone. Air France added a day another day that no-one was expecting. We were flying from Orlando to JFK to CDG and Air France added a strike day that effected us, I was a nightmare to get straighten out. We knew 30 hours before, we had to fly out much earlier and go through Detroit, to CDG, which add around 2 hours to our already long day.
That sounds really stressful. We are considering flying direct into Paris, but I feel like when the flights come out it'll be cheaper for us to fly round trip into London and take the train into Paris from there. I should write the city and tell them to hold off on strikes for the week I'm there as a honeymoon gift to me :)

Well, the French love to strike and hate to work. They won't work a minute more then necessary (didn't know this before, but we were told during a tour in Paris three years ago), so I think French workers would take the chance to close early is there is little going on.
LOL maybe I'm French. I told my Fiance the other day I want to quit my job and become a stay at home cat mom to our cat :) For some reason he didn't think that was a good idea.

when I flew for the Netherlands to Spain 8 years ago, we couldn't leave because of a strike in France.
Why would a strike in France effect these two countries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!