Is it a secret or a lie? August 2019 Bday trip - 7/29 Update

Your plans sound great! I wonder if the parks are slightly less busy on Wendesday wilth all the people who are there a whole week taking rest days that day?

I am excitied to try beaches and Cream on our trip!

What is this? I've never heard of it
It’s an all you can eat & drink event at Tony’s, with parade viewing reservation spot. They had it last year for the Christmas party, this is the first time they offered it for the Halloween party.

I'll have to keep an eye out for ya. We'll be in AK this same day.
I’m a shy introvert, if I see you I’ll probably run and hide, but if you see me first come say hi.

Your plans sound great! I wonder if the parks are slightly less busy on Wendesday wilth all the people who are there a whole week taking rest days that day?

I am excitied to try beaches and Cream on our trip!
I bet that’s why Wednesday’s are least crowded. EasyWDW did a blog post on park days and he said Wednesday’s were least crowded, he said Monday and Saturday should be rest days, that just doesn’t work with our schedule.

I bet that’s why Wednesday’s are least crowded. EasyWDW did a blog post on park days and he said Wednesday’s were least crowded, he said Monday and Saturday should be rest days, that just doesn’t work with our schedule.
I should have said, that Wednesday is our rest day as well. It just works out best that way. So, I am with you on that...

A very exciting update. I was finally able to get DD1 the Stitch magic band she wanted. This was the most frustrating thing ever, I can't believe what an awful job WDW did with the rollout of the premium MBs. The positive about having a 3 resort stays is that I was able to place 3 different MB orders allowing me more flexibility. For our first order I only ordered DH a premium band, since it's his bday trip I ordered him the Birthday band, the color is not what I expected, I'm wondering if I can transfer the band to one of the girls, does anyone know if that's possible? It's a little too girly.
With our second reservation I ordered DD2 a Captain Marvel MB, we LOVE the Avengers.
And after weeks of trying to order the Stitch band for DD1 I was finally able to finish the checkout process. I wanted the Snack MB but that wasn't available, my second option was the Dole Whip band but that wouldn't let me add it so I finally settled on the other Stitch MB. I also decided that DH needed something less girly, I got him the Jack MB.
All our or MBs

And I received a TP reservation finder text with the perfect time for Sci-fi lunch, 1:20PM instead of the 2:45PM.

And I've spent the last few days online shopping for a fanny pack, anyone have any good recommendations? I'm looking for something under $20.

A very exciting update. I was finally able to get DD1 the Stitch magic band she wanted. This was the most frustrating thing ever, I can't believe what an awful job WDW did with the rollout of the premium MBs. The positive about having a 3 resort stays is that I was able to place 3 different MB orders allowing me more flexibility. For our first order I only ordered DH a premium band, since it's his bday trip I ordered him the Birthday band, the color is not what I expected, I'm wondering if I can transfer the band to one of the girls, does anyone know if that's possible? It's a little too girly.
Glad you finally got some that you wanted!!!! i am not sure I will ever get the ones we want! Ugh.

And I received a TP reservation finder text with the perfect time for Sci-fi lunch, 1:20PM instead of the 2:45PM
yeah!!! We love Sci-Fi.

And I've spent the last few days online shopping for a fanny pack, anyone have any good recommendations? I'm looking for something under $20.
I personally like my crossbody back for the parks. I have a Vera Bradley one that I just most days.

I personally like my crossbody back for the parks. I have a Vera Bradley one that I just most days.
We usually just use a backpack for the parks, but we are trying to avoid it this time since it will be soooo hot. I'm thinking about getting the girls some fanny packs too, so they can carry their small water bottles. I'm not really prepared for the heat.

We usually just use a backpack for the parks, but we are trying to avoid it this time since it will be soooo hot. I'm thinking about getting the girls some fanny packs too, so they can carry their small water bottles. I'm not really prepared for the heat.
Def have your girls have there own bags/fanny packs! My girls have had small park backpacks for a couple trips now, and it helps lighten the load a lot!

A very exciting update. I was finally able to get DD1 the Stitch magic band she wanted

Woo hoo! Sucks that it was such an ordeal but glad you managed to make it work.

I'm wondering if I can transfer the band to one of the girls, does anyone know if that's possible? It's a little too girly.

The standard answer is "No" but you could try calling and pleading your case. If you say it doesn't look as pictured, it's probably your best bet to get some sort of leeway.

And I received a TP reservation finder text with the perfect time for Sci-fi lunch, 1:20PM instead of the 2:45PM.

Awesome! I love that service.

Is it time for a resort change? Now that the Skyliner date has been announced I started looking at changing resort. I was really hoping the HS line would be open by then 😭😭😭

hmm... maybe a new resort? Anyone else bummed about the late opening? I guess they really did mean fall this time.

Is it time for a resort change? Now that the Skyliner date has been announced I started looking at changing resort. I was really hoping the HS line would be open by then 😭😭😭

hmm... maybe a new resort? Anyone else bummed about the late opening? I guess they really did mean fall this time.

I had assumed that "fall" for the skyliner was the same as "fall" for SWGE. I'm surprised they bumped the latter so much further ahead from the former

A very exciting update. I was finally able to get DD1 the Stitch magic band she wanted. This was the most frustrating thing ever, I can't believe what an awful job WDW did with the rollout of the premium MBs.
I am so with you. I tried several times a day for what seemed like forever and every time I tried to check out my cart would empty. I ended up with ones we really didn't care about and then saw the dole whip one (Casey's choice) came back in stock again. I ended up booking a one night reservation at the camp ground so I would get it for her. Ridiculous I know, but I was on a quest. I'll cancel the reservation as soon as it ships.

For our first order I only ordered DH a premium band, since it's his bday trip I ordered him the Birthday band, the color is not what I expected, I'm wondering if I can transfer the band to one of the girls, does anyone know if that's possible? It's a little too girly.
You can't transfer magic bands. I looked into this to see if I could get one for me and transfer it to Casey but no such luck.

I've been doing the same thing. No chance I'll set foot on the skyliner but the family was looking forward to it. But everywhere else I'd like to stay is significantly more expensive or not available (really wanted to try the new Destino Tower at CSR) so it looks like its the skylinerless Caribbean Beach life for us.

I am so with you. I tried several times a day for what seemed like forever and every time I tried to check out my cart would empty. I ended up with ones we really didn't care about and then saw the dole whip one (Casey's choice) came back in stock again. I ended up booking a one night reservation at the camp ground so I would get it for her. Ridiculous I know, but I was on a quest. I'll cancel the reservation as soon as it ships
Yay! I'm glad you were able to get her the magic band.
I've been doing the same thing. No chance I'll set foot on the skyliner but the family was looking forward to it. But everywhere else I'd like to stay is significantly more expensive or not available (really wanted to try the new Destino Tower at CSR) so it looks like its the skylinerless Caribbean Beach life for us.
I've looked at CSR too, we just love it there. It looks like the resort is full on the 12th, what the heck is going on that day? I can get a room if I do 8/10-8/12, but not 8/10-8/13. And there is availability beginning 8/14. So weird that nothing is open for that one day.

I've looked at CSR too, we just love it there. It looks like the resort is full on the 12th, what the heck is going on that day? I can get a room if I do 8/10-8/12, but not 8/10-8/13. And there is availability beginning 8/14. So weird that nothing is open for that one day.
I assume there is a conference going on that is filling it up. Didn't realize just one night was the issue though. We were looking for the 10-19th though

We're going to Disney World NEXT WEEK! I'm so excited to finally be able to say that. We don't leave until Saturday of next week but that's only 12 days away.

Still trying to finalize our ADRs. I'm thinking of dropping our 'Ohana's breakfast before MHSSHP. I've been looking at either T-REX or Rainforest Cafe, mainly because I plan to buy discounted Landry's GCs at Costco. Spending $80ish sounds way better than $175.

Which one do you prefer, T-Rex or Rainforest?

These are our final plans:
Saturday 8/10 - Travel day - Pop Century - Pizza at Pop.
Sunday 8/11 - MK - Crystal Palace late breakfast, evening at AK
Monday 8/12 - HS - TSL EMM - Sci-Fi Lunch (want to switch to dinner)
Tuesday 8/13 - move to YC at 7AM - AK in the morning, Epcot PM EMH
Wednesday 8/14 - resort day - Beaches & Cream lunch
Thursday 8/15 - Epcot AM EMH - move to CR - Story Book Dinning
Friday 8/16 - MNSHHP
Saturday 8/17 - AK in the morning, MK in the evening
Sunday 8/18 - DH's birthday. California Grill Brunch - travel day 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter