Is it a secret or a lie? August 2019 Bday trip - 7/29 Update

It's so close!

I haven't done rainforest or T Rex at DS, but I'd probably pick T Rex because we also can do Rainforest in AC if we want to. T Rex isn't something we can get to here.

It's so close!

I haven't done rainforest or T Rex at DS, but I'd probably pick T Rex because we also can do Rainforest in AC if we want to. T Rex isn't something we can get to here.
I think Trex looks like fun, but I prefer the menu at Rainforest. I guess I should consult with the rest of the family too. I forget about them sometimes. :rotfl2:

Still trying to finalize our ADRs. I'm thinking of dropping our 'Ohana's breakfast before MHSSHP. I've been looking at either T-REX or Rainforest Cafe, mainly because I plan to buy discounted Landry's GCs at Costco. Spending $80ish sounds way better than $175.

Which one do you prefer, T-Rex or Rainforest?
We haven't been to either. But I totally understand wanting to save a few $$$$. Maybe T-Rex since there are Rainforest Cafes in other locations? But I feel like Rainforest Cafe may be a little less loud. But I don't know that for sure...

Sunday 8/18 - DH's birthday. California Grill Brunch - travel day 😭
YUM!!!!!!! I hope you guys like it.

We are 3 days away from our trip! And I can finally be excited. If you are on the Credit Card thread you already know, but for those of you that aren't let me tell you the terrible screw up I made.

DH earned the Southwest Companion pass (CP) from credit card churning. The CP allows me to fly with him for only $5.60, I just have to book the ticket separately. If you need to modify the trip you can't have the CP booked, so I normally wait until closer to the trip to book my CP (usually 2 weeks before), this time I screwed up and missed that window. I went to book my CP on Monday and the flight was completely sold out! Lots of other things went wrong on Monday but that was the worst. I was on the phone with SW for an hour trying to get my return flight booked.
I book a flight to Orlando, thankfully we have lots of SW points, 29,000 points later and I had a terrible flight to Orlando. At least I had a ticket and it was "free." I spent the next 48 hours refreshing the SW page and finally this morning 4 seats opened up on the flight. So thankful everything is right and I can be excited for our trip.

I have sooo much to do before our trip!
I have to go to Costco today to buy some Landry's discounted gift cards. I bought our Landry's Select Club membership, DH has $55 in rewards for our trip.
I have to take DD to get her uniform skirt hemmed
Do some laundry
Clean the house
And pack! I'm starting to regret the 3 resort idea. Just trying to figure out how to pack. And for the first time DD1 wants to pack her own stuff, I don't like giving up control.

THREE more days people :cheer2:

Talk about waiting until the last minute to order stuff:
These are super cute! Let’s just hope they help with the heat.
12844368-3E54-4537-BB3F-669FA083C347.jpeg
And these have great reviews.
FEE1BE4A-83FF-4DD2-AEF5-372F8AC84791.jpeg
These should be here Friday, fingers crossed 🤞 there aren’t any delays.

I found on amazing cooling headbands. They look like a sport headband. I don’t know how well they will work but I figured it was worth a try! Love the
Mickey fans!

I finally found your thread again. Great job on running the marathon. I'm going to be sure to watch it this time so I can read all about your trip. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter