is Hyatt MCo really noisy at night

w888

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about staying at Hyatt at the airport the night before, can anyone tell me whether it's noisy at night (from airplane or terminal), if it is then I will consider a hotel off the airport. Also if you know a nice suite hotel near MCO please let me know.

thanks!

Shirley

I've never had a problem with noise there. We've stayed on both the inside (with window looking into terminal) and outside, overlooking the runways. Yes, you can tell you're near an airport, but the noise never keeps me from sleeping. Of course, after a couple of pints at the Shipyard Brewery, I sleep like a baby....

thanks! I got an AAA rate for 124.00 at Hyatt on 11/19.

Shirley

I just stayed there a few weeks ago for 2 nights. We had a runway view. You do hear a little noise when the planes take off, but not too bad.

I didn't even give it a thought when I considered the airport location. I lived under a flight path from Logan, so I guess low flying planes wouldn't bother me at the Hyatt.
J. :-)

We stayed there and had a terminal facing room. Found it to be somewhat noisy. We could hear the terminal announcments--not clearly, but you could hear the noise.

We also heard the announcements (or I should say "I" heard them, the rest of my family sleeps like the dead!). Not the best night's sleep I've had, but certainly not the worst. The convenience is worth the noise, in my opinion.

Originally posted by kasar
The convenience is worth the noise, in my opinion.

Definitely. We stayed at the Hyatt before heading home. It just made everything easier for us. We had an 11am flight. At 9am we checked in at the Southwest counter. We also checked in 2 large suitcases. The whole process took around 10 minutes. We went back to our hotel room and chilled out for an hour and then went back to the terminal and waited for our flight.

We stayed at the Hyatt and had a room facing the runway. Never heard a thing. Really enjoyed the convenience of it and the kids loved watching the aiplanes take off from the window.

Did you check online rates? We are staying there our next trip and got a special internet rate of $83.

I checked hyatt.com, the lowest rate for 11/19/03 is $124 (AAA rate), maybe they will have more discount as the date approaches. Thanks! I love this board!

we had an inside room on the 8th floor. Not a problem! no noise and boy is it easy to check your luggage and then go back to you room!

we just stayed there dec. 27 and jan. 4 (day room); i had the $129 rate, but checked back for promotions on internet and found AAA $99 rate which included two buffet breakfasts (hot and cold buffet included) so we switched and got that. found out about the day rooms here on boards, so got one for $60 since our plane home didnt leave till 6:10 pm. both times the rooms were extremely quiet. never heard a thing. didnt even see the jets taking off too frequently. barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter