Is Holiday Inn Disney Springs really that great?

ProfT

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a 9 day Christmas Disney trip and with current Disney hotel holiday prices, we are trying to keep our costs down as much as possible. We usually don't mind staying at a Value resort but know that for a week and a half, the room would be a bit small with our teenage son.

I noticed that the second highest rated hotel on TripAdvisor with 60 Day FP and EMH is the Holiday Inn Disney Springs (Four Seasons is the highest). It is currently rated 18th overall for all hotels in the Orlando area.

Now I know that people often rate a hotel based on the value received for the money paid. I don't expect the Holiday Inn to be as good as a Disney Deluxe. However, my question is, is it really that great of a hotel? Is it that much better than the other Disney Springs hotels (Doubletree DS is next highest rated at 158th).

We are debating between the Holiday Inn DS (with Fireworks view) or CSR (standard tower). CSR costs 160% times the price of the Holiday Inn even factoring the HI's resort fees and parking fees. We also like that the hotel is within walking distance of Disney Springs.
Any thoughts and experiences regarding the Holiday Inn would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:tigger:

Should also mention that Holiday Inn Disney Springs is similarly priced to the All Stars at that time. Pop is more expensive.

I stayed there in January with my sister and niece. We were really happy with it. We haven't stayed at any other Disney Springs resorts, so I can't make any comparisons. We were also looking at staying at a Disney value resort. We've stayed at Pop Century a few times. The extra space in the room was nice, but I really liked having a balcony. We had fireworks view and loved it. The fireworks are off in the distance, but we still really enjoyed them. We also really liked being within walking distance of Disney Springs. The room was clean, and the staff members were pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I stayed there in January with my sister and niece. We were really happy with it. We haven't stayed at any other Disney Springs resorts, so I can't make any comparisons. We were also looking at staying at a Disney value resort. We've stayed at Pop Century a few times. The extra space in the room was nice, but I really liked having a balcony. We had fireworks view and loved it. The fireworks are off in the distance, but we still really enjoyed them. We also really liked being within walking distance of Disney Springs. The room was clean, and the staff members were pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Thanks LilyLake. It seems a lot of people like the property. Will have to check it out for ourselves.:magnify: From everything I read, it seems a step up from the Values without the Disney theming. Apparently, Stacy is on the TVs with the "Must Do's" though. That's all our family needs to feel like we are at Disney World. Oh yeah, we'll have to dig out our old magic bands as well.

We stayed there a few years ago and thought it was just fine. I'm not sure I would rank it second after the Four Seasons, but it did meet expectations for service, comfort and cleanliness. I would warn that not every room has a balcony, we wound up in one that didn't. But the room was much larger and more comfortable than the value rooms and quieter as well. You definitely don't get the Disney magic, but I remember the service was very good so I didn't mind not being in the Disney bubble. There's at least a Disney store on property (just like at all the Disney Springs) so you can get a little Disney magic if you need it. Also I wouldn't count on the must-do Disney channel on TV, we stayed next door at the Hilton last month which is serviced by the same cable system and the channel never worked during our stay.

Thanks for all the information mjw703.
Not really counting on Disney Must Do's on the tv to enjoy ourselves:) . Also, not too worried about being on the periphery of the Disney bubble. As my wife and I age, space and room comfort play a much more important role than being in the center of the magic. And when asked, our teenage son is more excited about being within walking distance of Disney Springs than the actual theme of the resort.
Appreciate the response!

We stayed 8 nights w/2adults 2 teens. Paid with points only had to pay parking & resort fee but honestly most of that got reimbursed after I had a chit chat with the manager about some bad service we got.

I have AP so we drove to most parks, but sometimes group split up & sometimes we choose to take bus. We did not have great bus service either & once DH gave up & hopped on the other route bus & walked from BW across street.

Came back every afternoon for nap, a/c & a shower.

Only used pool once, visited water parks I stead.

Never ate here, have TiW & made own food in room.

As far as walking from DS, yes its doable, but when you've walked 6-10 miles per day in parks its not preferable. We did take bus to DS, walked across DS, then walked to HI instead of back to bus.

These hotels offer package delivery from inside the parks, EMH, & 60 day FP just like WDW property. But, you can't get a dining plan. But, you can earn or spend points that you can't do on site.

If you want more space, Doubletree is best bet, but further walk from DS.

If you want more space, Doubletree is best bet, but further walk from DS.

Thanks shocker - appreciate the thoughts. We will also have a car so not too worried about shuttle. Even when we stay at a Disney hotel, we use a car as we have a family member with multiple special needs and find it easier on us if we do.

As we are travelling with another family who are staying at a Disney hotel, we need the 60 day FP and EMH to coordinate out plans with them.

With this booking, we would also go up a level with IHG Rewards which would be beneficial for a trip we are taking in 2020. One of the reasons we looked into Holiday Inn in ther first place.

I was also considering the Doubletree for the space and kitchenette area which would be of great benefit to us. However, I have seen a lot of feedback on this forum of people having issues linking with MDE which has put me off. We really need to be able to book FPs together at the 60 day mark. What has been your experience? How do they verify EMH privledges? Is it by scanning the park admission or do you have to use a "voucher"?

I was also considering the Doubletree for the space and kitchenette area which would be of great benefit to us. However, I have seen a lot of feedback on this forum of people having issues linking with MDE which has put me off. We really need to be able to book FPs together at the 60 day mark. What has been your experience? How do they verify EMH privledges? Is it by scanning the park admission or do you have to use a "voucher"?

There has been some discussion lately of trouble linking ressies in MDE, so be sure not to book room too close to your 60 day mark. I think it just takes a bit of time & sometimes a call to Disney IT to get everything to work. When the program first started it took longer, I think they've got it down to a week or less now.

EMH will be verified through your ticket media. This ticket will also be on your MDE & will drive how many FP's can be booked (5 day ticket= 5 days of FP). If you have a hard plastic ticket, you'll use that to tap in at park entrance & at EMH verification points. If you have or link magicbands to your MDE too, you can use those at the tap points, either one.

Thanks shocker. This is great information. It has been a week now since I booked. I will try and link my account and report back to the forum.

For folks who have stayed there, what would you think of 3 adults and a tween in a two queen bed room? We are currently booked in two rooms at Pop Century, where I think having us share would be too tight. The only reason I'd move off site is if we could book one room comfortably. Thanks.

I know you have asked for opinions from people who have stayed at HI DS. We admittedly have not. However, I have researched the room and hotel quite extensively. All the queen rooms have only one bathroom without a division between the vanity, toilet and tub. Everyone would need to share. Also, other than the two beds, there is only one desk chair to sit. Do you think that works for your party? I know it would be a challenge in our household.
You may want to consider Doubletree Suites at Disney Springs. We were able to find a deal from Mousesavers website that was comparable to a single room at Pop Century. It is double the size of a Pop room with a separate living and sleeping area. It only has one bathroom though but enough room and sitting areas. Some rooms sleep 6 people comfortably. It also has the same Disney perks as the Holiday Inn.
Good luck choice.making your

We are looking at a 9 day Christmas Disney trip and with current Disney hotel holiday prices, we are trying to keep our costs down as much as possible. We usually don't mind staying at a Value resort but know that for a week and a half, the room would be a bit small with our teenage son.

I noticed that the second highest rated hotel on TripAdvisor with 60 Day FP and EMH is the Holiday Inn Disney Springs (Four Seasons is the highest). It is currently rated 18th overall for all hotels in the Orlando area.

Now I know that people often rate a hotel based on the value received for the money paid. I don't expect the Holiday Inn to be as good as a Disney Deluxe. However, my question is, is it really that great of a hotel? Is it that much better than the other Disney Springs hotels (Doubletree DS is next highest rated at 158th).

We are debating between the Holiday Inn DS (with Fireworks view) or CSR (standard tower). CSR costs 160% times the price of the Holiday Inn even factoring the HI's resort fees and parking fees. We also like that the hotel is within walking distance of Disney Springs.
Any thoughts and experiences regarding the Holiday Inn would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:tigger:

I am staying at Holiday Inn next week and I’m curious to see how I like it. I have stayed at both of the Hilton resorts next to Disney Springs. Lake Buena Vista and Lake Buena Vista Palace. Hilton has nice amenities like free Starbucks coffee and bottled water for each person per day, and they have free shuttle service to the parks however I do not believe the shuttle service starts before 8 AM regardless of extra magic hour schedules. That was one downside. For the price this time I decided to stay at Holiday Inn because it’s only an extra 5 min walk to Disney springs, it was $25 less per night than the Hilton and this time I’m flying solo for my trip. Are you going this Christmas?

Just throwing this out there ... I would ignore those TripAdvisor ratings .... 18th in Orlando NO WAY Holiday Inn is even close to those numbers. I wouldn't go in with these expectations. And note that Four Seasons is not at Disney Springs ... it has it's own land up closer to Magic Kingdom.

I have stayed at Hilton, Hilton Palace, Wyndham, B Resort and Doubletree. Our favorites are Doubletree and B Resort. I know another poster on here stays regularly at Holiday Inn and Doubletree and is very happy with them both. We are Hilton Honors so I usually lean towards a Hilton property and only reason I haven't stayed HI since it reopened (it was closed for 6 years due to extensive hurricane damage). If booking it gets you to a next level IHG, then go for it, it's a good hotel from all reports.

I think you just need to pick based on your needs and reports here from other posters ... not rely on TripAdvisor. As far as linking I think there are reports that all the resorts have had issues at one time or another but in the end they should get resolved. Just so you know your friends can book all your FP+ at 60 days if you are Friends and Family on MDE - which is much easier than coordinating. You don't need to be booked anywhere for them to do that BUT you do need to be booked and staying to get EMH, which you would have.

Last edited:
Thanks HopperFan - you are the best! Appreciate your advice. As you are a regular here (and have addressed numerous concerns from my other posts which I suspect you have read) it means a lot.

I usually don't struggle this much but it appears that nothing seems to work for us. We really need a full kitchen to deal with my son's food allergies and unfortunately the affordable Doubletree does not work nor can we justifying paying for a Disney 1BR villa over this Christmas for 9 nights. We looked at renting DVC points but nothing was available as you can imagine.

I did not realize that our friends can book our 60 day fast passes. That may work really well. I was planning on booking tomorrow for both them and us. If, after booking the fast passes, we cancel our linked reservation, will they remain if our friends are still staying at a Disney resort? I think the ideal for us would be to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with full kitchen. I am not sure we need EMH.

In the end, we will take your advice and just book whatever checks the most boxes for our needs.

Once again, thank you very much!

Thanks HopperFan - you are the best! Appreciate your advice. As you are a regular here (and have addressed numerous concerns from my other posts which I suspect you have read) it means a lot.

I usually don't struggle this much but it appears that nothing seems to work for us. We really need a full kitchen to deal with my son's food allergies and unfortunately the affordable Doubletree does not work nor can we justifying paying for a Disney 1BR villa over this Christmas for 9 nights. We looked at renting DVC points but nothing was available as you can imagine.

I did not realize that our friends can book our 60 day fast passes. That may work really well. I was planning on booking tomorrow for both them and us. If, after booking the fast passes, we cancel our linked reservation, will they remain if our friends are still staying at a Disney resort? I think the ideal for us would be to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with full kitchen. I am not sure we need EMH.

In the end, we will take your advice and just book whatever checks the most boxes for our needs.

Yes, this does allow you to get 60 FP+ even if you stay offsite. I hear you on the full kitchen and space. My DS has special needs and that space and kitchen can be a lifesaver as his issues often keep us trapped in our "room." I once spent days in a Bonnet Creek condo and it was a lifesaver.

I have often booked for friends who stay offsite OR are locals going with us. I have never been on the reverse end where I was not the person. I don't know what will happen or if it matters that your onsite friends didn't initiate the FP+. Perhaps to be safe could you log in on your friends MDE and book the FP+ so they are the original managers of them.

Perhaps @hiroMYhero can answer that question.

Good luck :earsboy:

If, after booking the fast passes, we cancel our linked reservation, will they remain if our friends are still staying at a Disney resort?
I don't know what will happen or if it matters that your onsite friends didn't initiate the FP+.
The FPs will remain intact based on that remaining onsite reservation.

The 60-day FP booking system is based on at least one reservation that opens the window and that ‘linkage’ to the MDX with the onsite hotel keeps everything safe.

If you're willing to give up EMH & a shuttle, might I suggest Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr (a short drive from DS). We stayed in a 2 bedroom (3 beds), 2 bath, full kitchen w/oven, free hot breakfast buffet, free dinner 3 nights/wk. Price that out for your stay & see how it compares. We paid less than a Disney moderate but tons more space & amenities & we earned IHG loyalty points.

... it was $25 less per night than the Hilton...

$25/day goes a long way to buy Starbucks & all the bottled water you could possibly drink...have a good trip...be sure to come back & report (just remember to request a room 'away from I-4' (we booked pool view to guarantee it), unless you are naturally hard of hearing or are used to highway noise.

Oooh...this sounds intriguing for an off-site stay I am planning next spring. Was thinking of booking a condo but weekday evening socials are tempting.

If you're willing to give up EMH & a shuttle, might I suggest Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr (a short drive from DS). We stayed in a 2 bedroom (3 beds), 2 bath, full kitchen w/oven, free hot breakfast buffet, free dinner 3 nights/wk. Price that out for your stay & see how it compares. We paid less than a Disney moderate but tons more space & amenities & we earned IHG loyalty points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!