Is Holiday Inn Disney Springs really that great?

Thank you @HopperFan , @hiroMYhero and @shocker. :worship:Your advice has helped us greatly! At this point, we don't need EMH so this opens up a whole lot of possibilities for us that would work better from both a hotel features and cost. I was feeling like I was trying to figure out which property was the least compromise.

I think I will keep one "on-property EMH" reservation until a week before we travel in case Disney announces better EMH hours for HS. At this point, in the whole 9 days we are there, there is only one EMH day for HS. The main purpose of travelling with the other family is that we both have teenage sons who are the biggest Star Wars fans.

Thanks to everyone!

No, It's perfectly fine, but it's not that great. My parents needed an extra night somewhere and due to the good reviews I suggested this place for them. It was perfectly acceptable. In general, I think Holiday Inns and some of the upgrades they have done in recent year are pretty nice. (So what does it have: Disney perks, buses to theme parks, acceptable room that doesn't cost a fortune, decent convenient restaurant, perfectly fine pool). What are you looking for? It's no more or less than that. I'd go for this rather than a Disney value personally, as my family is not really into the value theming and would prefer something more subdued and this place is usually less expensive than those. We like double queen beds too and this place has that, another plus.

What my parents and my family really love are the offsite timeshare condos that you can rent that are such a good deal with great space, balconies, amenities. This was a fill in place in between two condo stays and fine but certainly not comparable.

Thanks @kathy884 . Your post seems in alignment with a picture I am getting about the property. It seems to provide a solid sleep, a decent pool, good location with on site Disney perks at an affordable price but not much more.

Last edited:
We’ve stayed there several times. The customer service we’ve received at the Holiday Inn DS has been absolutely stellar! Seriously, it has been excellent. The hotel is also extremely clean, food in their restaurant is very good, by far our favorite DS hotel!
Actually, we stay here over onsite anytime.
Recommend!

I stayed there last week, it was ok. I try to stay IHG when possible. I think I’ve stayed at all the Holiday Inns around Disney now, lol.

The ones closest to park don’t seem to offer free breakfast, and our kids love the free breakfast. The new one in Vineland does, though. It’s your basic holiday inn. They have a shuttle, but it wasn’t a good neighbor hotel yet in November. FWIW, the one by SeaWorld offfers a shuttle, free express passes, and breakfast. :-)

*wanted to add that I travel to Tampa and Winter Haven for work, in addition to family travel. I usually like to goto Orlando when I’m done. Work will pay for Holiday Inn, but not Grand Floridian! Lol

*wanted to add that I travel to Tampa and Winter Haven for work, in addition to family travel. I usually like to goto Orlando when I’m done. Work will pay for Holiday Inn, but not Grand Floridian! Lol
Haha! Same!!! I get a set amount to spend each year on travel for work from my employer, and I personally like to take 2 moderate budget trips. Others like to take 1 big, invite all your friends to the party suite, kind of trip. So this year, I’m doing conferences at Disneyland and staying at candy cane inn, and my World conference I’m still exploring options for!

the conference is at the Hilton LBV. We get a special rate for it so I MIGHT just stay there. Otherwise im leaning towards doubletree. I’ll probably take one of my kiddos for a special
One on one trip. If my daughter goes, shes 10, she wants to stay at animal kingdom lodge. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Idk if I’m going to be able to squeeze that out.....POSSIBLY. But she is also is dying to ride in a Minnie van so I think a DS hotel with a Minnie van ride to/from MCO would suffice as well. ;)

Has anyone stayed recently since Covid? We are looking to stay here Thanksgiving and wanted to know how it was operating.
Thanks

Has anyone stayed recently since Covid? We are looking to stay here Thanksgiving and wanted to know how it was operating.
Thanks

We’re staying there in October. We’ve been there many times and I don’t expect much to change. I contacted them and they still have hair dryers, Keurig coffee makers and irons & ironing boards. The restaurant isn’t open for breakfast though, but is open for dinner. The bus service from all the Hotel Blvd hotels to the parks is still suspended. We usually walk to Saratoga and grab a bus there anyway.

Thanks
I would have, but it wasn't even operating when we went back in May (twice). My only purpose of replying is that I've been in hotels over 20 nights since May, and every single hotel has been fine. The main thing to note is that things like food options are typically cut back, and favors like grab bags of snacks might be missing (at certain hotels that do that), and throw pillows seem to be MIA from suites. I have no issue staying somewhere right now, in a place I would have stayed at "before covid." We are headed to a Marriott this weekend, no worries at all.

I would have, but it wasn't even operating when we went back in May (twice). My only purpose of replying is that I've been in hotels over 20 nights since May, and every single hotel has been fine. The main thing to note is that things like food options are typically cut back, and favors like grab bags of snacks might be missing (at certain hotels that do that), and throw pillows seem to be MIA from suites. I have no issue staying somewhere right now, in a place I would have stayed at "before covid." We are headed to a Marriott this weekend, no worries at all.
Thanks Wilbret and Corky. We stayed at a hotel this weekend and were pleasantly surprised at the measures they were taking to protect guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts