Is HHN RIP tour really worth the extra money for a disabled person or EP?

Megan Pierce

Earning My Ears
We will be attending HHN on Monday 10/21 with an AP freebie ticket. My husband has some health issues which can make standing in line difficult and will be using a scooter. He can walk in the houses and onto rides but has a problem standing in line for more than probably 20 minutes. I am wondering if it would be better for us to buy the EP or the RIP tour to make the night easier for him. I have never done HHN before so I am wondering if the RIP tour is really worth the extra money. From what I can tell with the RIP tour you also get food and beverages. Am I missing that there are any other extras? Is it really worth the extra money to get the tour over the EP? Would the tour be inconvenienced by my husband being on a scooter? Don't forget we are going on a Monday so I don't know how much that will affect things. Thanks for any info you can give me.

I did a public RIP tour and thought that it was good value for money. The tour guide took us through every house and scare zone and to reserved viewing areas for two shows. She gave the back story to each house before we entered and we either cut to the front of the EP line (so even skipping that) or used a separate RIP tour entrance. It was exhausting but great fun. The food and drink at Cafe la Bamba was just okay. We started off there, had another drink stop at Lombard’s and then a later snack stop at Cafe la Bamba plus one or two other loo stops.

Whichever route you take, remember scooters are not permitted in queue lines or in the houses. You can always transfer your husband to a manual wheelchair. I'm sure your tour guide can make arrangements for him if you choose a RIP tour.

The Monday add on date came after hhn was announced
Don’t think it will be a packed house that night
Will see once it happens and peeps post about it

I think tours are worth it as the tour guides plan the agenda which means less waits

I just got back to my room at 1:15 from a private tour
Park closes at 2 this morning but my feet said no way I’ll make it any longer
Lol

I’m sold on hhn tours
I booked 4 of them for this vacation
Did tours last Sunday, Wednesday, Friday/tonight and another one for this coming Sunday

Much better than waiting for 45+ minutes in lines
EP will cut that time down depending on night you go
But you still have some waits depending on night you go
With a tour, you will see all 10 houses and scare zones

And, while you walk a lot with the tour, it is no where the waiting time for any house. And, if time, we did the 10 houses twice, with 3 or 4 stops. Well worth the cost if particularly going only one night.

The tours are absolutely worth it for us.

There is a lot of walking between houses, so the scooter will be fine there. You are taken with the RIP tours to the front of the line.

I would call the VIP tour line and ask your specific questions about a scooter. You enter in one area and come out a completely different area, so maybe someone can take the scooter from the entrance to the exit for you.

Even on a Monday, I would book the tour.

Even with EP, you could still wait more than 20 minutes, depending upon the house, the crowds, and what time you do the house. The tours have private lounges where you can sit in the AC and rest. We did this several times on my private RIP tour. Public RIP tours get access to the lounges too. Even if the rest of the group wanted to continue, you might be able to hang out in the lounge if you felt you couldn't continue or didn't want to do the next one. I think it could be worth it for your circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!