Is Geyser point considered a quick serve?

They would not take TIW st the bar
That was/has been the case for us as well. In response to our query was when the CM told us GP was effectively a pool bar. TIW is restaurants and many of their associated lounges, but not accepted at pool bars.

We haven't stayed at CCV since 2017. Can you still order breakfast via the window and sit in the bar table area. Way back then the bar area wasnt open at breakfast.

We used a quick service credit at the window yesterday for lunch and when I told the cashier we wanted it “for here” she wanted to make sure we knew to sit at the tables outside the restaurant (like near the pool), otherwise it would be table service. We were fine with that

We ate at GP last week and sat at a table under the covered area, right next to the bar. Our server asked us if we were on the DDP and we said no, but we have DVC/AP but he said there are no discounts. Soon after, a couple sat down next to us and said they have the QSDP and the server told them, "this is a quick service, so you can use that."

I was kind of shocked because it seems like such an amazing deal for a QS.

While I’m certain nobody here is lying about their experiences, I find it odd that a QS has full table service.

While I’m certain nobody here is lying about their experiences, I find it odd that a QS has full table service.
My understanding was for QS (related to the DDP) you had to order your meal at the take out window and couldn't eat at the seated tables as a part of Geyser Point; though I am guessing they allow DDP guests to sit when it isn't busy. Disney Dining does consider Geyser Point a Quick Service location and not a table service location so it is a weird hybrid.

But it is most certainly listed as an eligible Quick Service location on the DDP as seen here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/dining/#/2019-quick-service-dining-plan/. I actually think its one of the things a lot of people like about it. That it's more table oriented and secluded but treated as Quick Service. It's probably a good bang for your buck.

I was there in September 2019 and had the quick service dining plan. That plan was accepted sitting down with a server, but there was a small limited menu with good options to order from. Appetizers were not included but you could order the buffalo burger, turkey sandwich etc., with a side of chips or fries. You were also able to order a cocktail or a beer.

I used my QS meal plan several times at Geyser Point bar area (table) with no issues (02-11 Nov). I did leave a tip because I was “served” food. The menu was not limited if you sit in the bar area (at least not when I was there).

It sounds to me like management really needs to get it together. Is it a quick service or is it not? Does it matter if you order from the table or the window or does it not? Where are people allowed to sit? It sounds like there is no clear, consistent answer to any of these questions.

Geyser Point was on our list of restaurants for an upcoming vacation, and toward the top of the list as well. But, these reports have me wanting to scrap it altogether. I have read that those who order from the QS window CAN eat in GP, but on sort of the outer seating, not the dedicated lounge seating. But, on this thread, I am seeing that if you order at QS window, but want to eat at GP, it counts as TS ORRRR that if you get QS, you are directed to leave and eat outside the premises. This bothers me.

And, we probably would have done the full-service dine-in anyway. But, still, the principle of it...it definitely bugs me.

Friday 12/27/19, we were seated by hostess in the bar area at lounge chairs and coffee table as a party of 3. Both hostess and waitress confirmed QS credit and receipt verified as such. A QS credit got you sandwiches, salads, etc. for an entree (appetizers not included) and either a drink or dessert. Desserts also counted as a snack credit. Waitress offered us some alcoholic beverages instead of soda, but I don’t remember which as we do not drink.

ETA, we tipped 20%+. Food and service warranted it. A great value for our credit.

We had drinks, appetizers and sandw for ou dinner at GEnders Point 2 weeks ago. We were seated but a hostess. We were not on DDP,
ON CHECKOUT I asked. No discounts are offered Ni TiW, Ap, or DVC Discounts are offered.

We had drinks, appetizers and sandwiches for our dinner at geysers Point 2 weeks ago. We were seated by a hostess. We were not on DDP,
ON CHECKOUT I asked. No discounts are offered Ni TiW, Ap, or DVC Discounts are offered. She said it is considered a pool bar

It sounds to me like management really needs to get it together. Is it a quick service or is it not? Does it matter if you order from the table or the window or does it not? Where are people allowed to sit? It sounds like there is no clear, consistent answer to any of these questions.

Geyser Point was on our list of restaurants for an upcoming vacation, and toward the top of the list as well. But, these reports have me wanting to scrap it altogether. I have read that those who order from the QS window CAN eat in GP, but on sort of the outer seating, not the dedicated lounge seating. But, on this thread, I am seeing that if you order at QS window, but want to eat at GP, it counts as TS ORRRR that if you get QS, you are directed to leave and eat outside the premises. This bothers me.

And, we probably would have done the full-service dine-in anyway. But, still, the principle of it...it definitely bugs me.

There was absolutely no confusion when I was there in November on whether or not Geyser Point was quick service or not. It is quick service. If you sit at the bar area tables, you will get served but you use your dining plan quick service credit. If you order at the window, it is also quick service but you don’t sit at the bar area tables. There isn’t a whole lot of seating area at Geyser Point and the area can get crowded at night.

I've been saying the same thing for quite awhile now. When it first opened, anyone could sit anywhere at GP. My wife and I said then that pool goers would overwhelm the system, and that's what happened. This new system is better in that regard, I suppose. However, our last two trips there have not been great experiences. Both times, getting a table has been vexing. Here's the latest episode.
1) There aren't many seats which reinforces the notion that GP is a glorified pool bar (but you can't just come in and sit down like at most pool bars). Parties of 2 or 3 can tie up spaces intended for perhaps 6 people.
2) Even though you can't make a reservation, when we were there last week, we walked up and saw at least three empty tables, one right in front of us. The CM said it was "reserved." When we pointed out that one couldn't make reservations, she attempted to explain it again but still using the word "reserved." A manager walked up and explained that while no reservations are given, you could put your name on a wait list for a table. Thus, the tables we saw apparently were intended for others on the wait list. Sure enough, a group of 6 soon took those seats and tables. We opted to take a seat at the bar to await a table.
3) As we have noticed before, people linger at tables (the view is lovely) and sprawl out. A couple of areas that had two 2-tops pushed together (thus four chairs) were occupied by only two people, further reducing seating.
4) After waiting 10 minutes, and seeing no one getting ready to leave, we ordered food at the bar along with a couple of drinks. We had our food less than 10 minutes later and decided we'd just stay there even if a table opened up. And one set of tables did open up as a few people left.
5) Almost on cue, the manager came up and said the party that had taken the six seats earlier wanted to switch tables (they didn't like their location, apparently), so she would be giving them the tables that had just cleared behind us. So-o-o, we wouldn't still get a table even though the party of 6 already had food and beverage? Fairly poor customer service there.
6) All that to say, while the food is good, especially those darn waffle fries, it may not be worth the hassle of finding a table unless you enjoy sitting at a bar or waiting for a table for an undetermined length of time. We are VWL owners, and the suits at Disney had a chance to do something special with GP. Instead, they've created a place with a limited menu, limited seating, and uncertainty as to what sort of eatery it is: Bar? QS? Modified TS? QS/TS? They could have done a much better job with more planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!