Is fish available as a substitute at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner?

Thanks..I've had it confirmed they will serve her fish (just like they've done for us at Hoop De Do and numerous other places in the past).
I am so happy to hear they will accommodate your wife with fish. :fish:I am glad to see you finally got the correct answer to your question. It seems no one on this thread ever asked that question at a restaurant that doesn't serve fish for dinner. It is good to know for the future if I want fish for dinner I can just call ahead and ask. Especially at places like Hoop Dee Do where it isn't even an option at any of the shows. :thumbsup2

I am so happy to hear they will accommodate your wife with fish. :fish:I am glad to see you finally got the correct answer to your question. It seems no one on this thread ever asked that question at a restaurant that doesn't serve fish for dinner. It is good to know for the future if I want fish for dinner I can just call ahead and ask. Especially at places like Hoop Dee Do where it isn't even an option at any of the shows. :thumbsup2
Actually wayyyyy in the beginning of this thread someone said it was on the lunch menu ipso facto it could be available for dinner.

That being said if fish or shellfish is not on any of the menus at HDD or Trail's End (pretty sure the 2 share a kitchen) I wouldn't count on getting fish there.

Actually wayyyyy in the beginning of this thread someone said it was on the lunch menu ipso facto it could be available for dinner.

That being said if fish or shellfish is not on any of the menus at HDD or Trail's End (pretty sure the 2 share a kitchen) I wouldn't count on getting fish there.
Actually several posters said way in the beginning of this thread that just because it is on the lunch menu don't count on being able to get it for dinner. Another poster in the beginning said they are two different meals and items on the lunch menu are cleaned up and put away for the dinner service. Which is why they didn't think fish would be available at dinner even though it was served at lunch.

However, if you read the post from @LSUfan4444 he states:
Thanks..I've had it confirmed they will serve her fish (just like they've done for us at Hoop De Do and numerous other places in the past).
Unless I am reading this wrong it sounds to me like his wife got fish at the Hoop Dee Do and numerous other places. So it seems no matter what the restaurant serves if you go through the trouble of asking ahead of time they will accommodate pescatarians with fish.

Actually several posters said way in the beginning of this thread that just because it is on the lunch menu don't count on being able to get it for dinner. Another poster in the beginning said they are two different meals and items on the lunch menu are cleaned up and put away for the dinner service. Which is why they didn't think fish would be available at dinner even though it was served at lunch.

However, if you read the post from @LSUfan4444 he states:

Unless I am reading this wrong it sounds to me like his wife got fish at the Hoop Dee Do and numerous other places. So it seems no matter what the restaurant serves if you go through the trouble of asking ahead of time they will accommodate pescatarians with fish.
You are not reading it wrong; Trail’s End serves both shrimp and “ the catch of the day”. No need to cross water/get in a van to get fish for HDDR :).

You are not reading it wrong; Trail’s End serves both shrimp and “ the catch of the day”. No need to cross water/get in a van to get fish for HDDR :).
Thanks for acknowledging that fish is available at the Hoop Dee Doo even if it shares a kitchen with another restaurant. I'm not sure to what lengths the numerous other places they went that didn't have fish on the menu went through to get the fish. What really matters is that someone can get what they want. ::yes::

Thanks...the way it was explained to me is that it depended on what the kitchen had on hand but that the chef would be willing to work with us. At Hoop, for example, they had Salmon at Trails End so thats what she got. So long as every piece of fish is not sold out at lunch, I was told it wouldn't be a problem.

Good to hear OP.

Sometimes families have different needs but want to experience a certain restaurant or a dinner show, as a group.

I was very surprised at HDDR when the chef came out and asked if he could make my mother some fish (salmon), would that work? The CM documented that she could only eat soft food (dementia - swallowing) and I guess I thought that that documentation would mean maybe more of the soft foods on the menu. It was just a discussion I had with the booking CM. Actually it started as a wheelchair accessibility question for her and the CM expanded it from there.

I was blown away at how eager they were to do their best in helping with our situation.

Last edited:
Hopefully whoever confirmed that for you is right. A few places at Disney doing something does not equal every place doing it.

This. I'd make sure she's ok with the veggie entree option if they can't do the fish for her in case they either run out or the person was incorrect.

Like with anything... if you don't ask, the answer is always no! Best case - OP can ask at the restaurant if they will sub fish. We know they have it in-house and it may be decided on a case by case basis. Worst case - they tell OP no for fish, but can do something else to accommodate vegetarian. If that's acceptable to OP, then OP has nothing to lose by simply asking. If it's fish or nothing, then I agree its best to go elsewhere.

OP, sorry if I missed how you confirmed the fish, but if it was a phone CM - just have a backup plan!

Thanks...the way it was explained to me is that it depended on what the kitchen had on hand but that the chef would be willing to work with us. At Hoop, for example, they had Salmon at Trails End so thats what she got. So long as every piece of fish is not sold out at lunch, I was told it wouldn't be a problem.
Actually, based on the alternative menu posted above, it appears that at HDDR, they have salmon on the Hoop De Do alternative menu - so she got salmon because they have salmon on the alternative menu every single evening. Trail's End has a catch of the day, but not necessarily salmon.

Actually, based on the alternative menu posted above, it appears that at HDDR, they have salmon on the Hoop De Do alternative menu - so she got salmon because they have salmon on the alternative menu every single evening. Trail's End has a catch of the day, but not necessarily salmon.

Actually, she was getting Salmon before there was Salmon as a mainstay on an alternative menu. But being that the substitute was such an easy request to accommodate, it makes sense why it's on a menu now.

Circa 2003-2006 the "special menu" was basically designed for vegetarians and the items were more like pasta and marinara or grilled vegetables (no Salmon) but after asking if fish was available, they were always able to accommodate.

The explanation on what LTT would be able to accommodate came from the CM (from LTT) I spoke to on Saturday....in her words, if they have fish left over from lunch, your wife can get fish.

It's no guarantee but I wasn't looking for a promise....I was looking for a possibility. I know if they're able, they'll do what they can. If they aren't, they won't. Now, it's on us to make a decision.

Last edited:
Hopefully whoever confirmed that for you is right. A few places at Disney doing something does not equal every place doing it.
Thanks..I know nothing is guaranteed but it's good to know the Chef there is willing to work with us if possible.

if it was a phone CM - just have a backup plan!

Thanks..the person we spoke to wasn't a phone CM in reservations

It's not a good choice for dinner given that your wife doesn't eat turkey or pot roast.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks..I know nothing is guaranteed but it's good to know the Chef there is willing to work with us if possible.

Thanks..the person we spoke to wasn't a phone CM in reservations

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
by what you are saying you were at Liberty Tree and not on phone. because phone call is a call center always even if answered as if you are talking to where your Ressie is. so you could have been talking to a CM in reservations any ways

OK, quite the feisty thread. Well, have you considered the Garden Grill, typically the same family style menu of turkey, roast beef and a sustainable fish, along with the mashed, the stuffing, veggies etc. etc. Just another option, rather than going the way of LTT all vegetarian route for your wife. But you'll have to give up the Ooey Gooey cake... might be a deal breaker! It can be daunting when you want to try a particular restaurant that doesn't fit the bill for everyone, in our group we have one with terrible allergies and a pescatarian, who does veggies/pasta only, if there's no fish alternative. Depends on what will satisfy the majority... All for one... Good luck!

Last edited:
OK, quite the feisty thread. Well, have you considered the Garden Grill, typically the same family style menu of turkey, roast beef and a sustainable fish, along with the mashed, the stuffing, veggies etc. etc. Just another option, rather than going the way of LTT all vegetarian route for your wife. But you'll have to give up the Ooey Gooey cake... might be a deal breaker! It can be daunting when you want to try a particular restaurant that doesn't fit the bill for everyone, in our group we have one with terrible allergies and a pescatarian, who does veggies/pasta only, if there's no fish alternative. Depends on what will satisfy the majority... All for one... Good luck!

Except that at the moment, Garden Grill doesn't have fish on the menu. It's pot roast, turkey, and pork. They do have a vegetarian option of a veggie loaf, but I don't think they have a standard pescatarian option available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter