Is fish available as a substitute at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner?

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
My wife does not eat Turkey or Pot Roast (no pork, chicken, beef, etc) but will eat fish. I know requests can be made in advance and they try to accommodate as best as they can but wanted to see if anyone has had success with a similar request recently.

My wife does not eat Turkey or Pot Roast (no pork, chicken, beef, etc) but will eat fish. I know requests can be made in advance and they try to accommodate as best as they can but wanted to see if anyone has had success with a similar request recently.

I don’t know about dinner. But have you considered lunch? They have both the all you can eat feast & a fried fish & chips meal plus a pasta you can get with shrimp. And a colony salad that comes with chicken but I’m sure they could leave that off. Something for everyone!

Last edited:

I could not imagine a WDW restaurant that did not offer some sort of fish at pretty much every meal, but I just looked at Liberty Tree dinner menu on the WDW website and it only shows the "thanksgiving dinner" as an entree. I find this hard to believe and think it may be a computer issue? Why not give Dining a call and ask them? Let us know what you find out & good luck! :cutie:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/menus/dinner/

I could not imagine a WDW restaurant that did not offer some sort of fish at pretty much every meal, but I just looked at Liberty Tree dinner menu on the WDW website and it only shows the "thanksgiving dinner" as an entree. I find this hard to believe and think it may be a computer issue? Why not give Dining a call and ask them? Let us know what you find out & good luck! :cutie:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/menus/dinner/

It is not a computer issue. Dinner at LTT has been that same all you can eat thanksgiving type dinner for years. They don’t really have options, it is a set menu, except allergies. I’m sure if having allergies is the issue, they will work with you. If you just don’t like the food offered, probably best to eat elsewhere.

It is not a computer issue. Dinner at LTT has been that same all you can eat thanksgiving type dinner for years. They don’t really have options, it is a set menu, except allergies. I’m sure if having allergies is the issue, they will work with you. If you just don’t like the food offered, probably best to eat elsewhere.

Can't tell you how many times I have eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern since the early years of WDW and I never realized that at all. Maybe most of my meals there were lunch.....

I agree with. @focusondisney LTT is a fixed, all inclusive menu at dinner. They do not have a la carts choices. If the fixed menu does not appeal to your wife you would be better at a restaurant that includes choices.

Can't tell you how many times I have eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern since the early years of WDW and I never realized that at all. Maybe most of my meals there were lunch.....

Yes, at lunch they have other entrees available. But when we first went back in the 90s dinner was a character meal. The characters were in colonial garb & the menu was this same thanksgiving dinner meal. They cut the characters years ago, but kept the same dinner menu.

They will make accommodations for her, but it might not be fish. It sounds like she is pescatarian (vegetarian who eats seafood)? Just tell them she is vegetarian but will eat fish and see what they will do for her. Every restaurant has a vegetarian and/or vegan dish that they can make. Talk to the server and most likely the chef will come out and talk with her about her options. They are very accommodating!

Honestly, if fish isn't on the menu, and I was a pescatarian, I'd eat somewhere else. Whatever fish they substitute would prolly be frozen and either microwaved or fried.

Well, luckily fish and pasta with shrimp are served at lunch, so it is not like it isn't on the menu at all. Also, in my experience, all restaurants have fabulous options for vegetarian dishes that are never "frozen" or "microwaved". It isn't like vegetarians/pescatarians/vegans at Disney are rare or anything, so it would not be the first time they were asked about it. I have had chefs that were thrilled to have the chance to make something different and have had some incredible meals that were not "on the menu".

Well, luckily fish and pasta with shrimp are served at lunch, so it is not like it isn't on the menu at all. Also, in my experience, all restaurants have fabulous options for vegetarian dishes that are never "frozen" or "microwaved". It isn't like vegetarians/pescatarians/vegans at Disney are rare or anything, so it would not be the first time they were asked about it. I have had chefs that were thrilled to have the chance to make something different and have had some incredible meals that were not "on the menu".
Since fish is on the menu then the problem is solved:).
Never eaten at LTT.

Since fish is on the menu then the problem is solved:).
Never eaten at LTT.
Not necessarily because the Fish and Chips and Pasta with Shrimp are only on the lunch menu. After the lunch service is over all the lunch ingredients and equipment are put away to make space for the dinner prep so it is likely neither will be available at dinner. This is why most who want to order a lunch item at dinner or vice versa are usually unable to do so. More likely the OP's wife will be offered a vegetarian/vegan dish.

Since the lunch menu includes the AYCTE Patriot's Platter and other a la carte entrees it seems like this would be a better option for the OP and family.

I agree with @roselark. I was there last year with a vegan. We had no problem eating at any restaurant. They all accommodated her even though there were no vegan dishes on the menu. Actually we went to the Hoop De Doo Review which is a fixed menu and the chef came out and asked her what she would like for dinner. Like roselark he was excited to make something different for her. Her vegetables looked delicious. We all wanted it. If I listened to the people on this thread we wouldn't have eaten there because they have one menu and only accommodate allergies. Disney is very good at adjusting for vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians. Not just allergies.

So to @LSUfan4444 I suggest you make what ever ADR's you want and let the waitress/waiter know your wife won't eat the meat and ask what they can do for her. If you want to do it ahead of time there is a phone number to call for Disney dining but I can't find it at the moment.

I agree with @roselark. I was there last year with a vegan. We had no problem eating at any restaurant. They all accommodated her even though there were no vegan dishes on the menu. Actually we went to the Hoop De Doo Review which is a fixed menu and the chef came out and asked her what she would like for dinner. Like roselark he was excited to make something different for her. Her vegetables looked delicious. We all wanted it. If I listened to the people on this thread we wouldn't have eaten there because they have one menu and only accommodate allergies. Disney is very good at adjusting for vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians. Not just allergies.

So to @LSUfan4444 I suggest you make what ever ADR's you want and let the waitress/waiter know your wife won't eat the meat and ask what they can do for her. If you want to do it ahead of time there is a phone number to call for Disney dining but I can't find it at the moment.

For the most part, people are just suggesting that she may not be able to get fish as a substitute. It all depends on how the kitchen is set up for dinner service. Of course a vegetarian substitute will be available. But fish? WHo knows?

I woukd absolutely, positively, 100% contact them in advance. Why surprise your server and chefs?

For the most part, people are just suggesting that she may not be able to get fish as a substitute. It all depends on how the kitchen is set up for dinner service. Of course a vegetarian substitute will be available. But fish? WHo knows?

Agree^

Given the meal itself includes a salad, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, vegetable dish and herb stuffing (may or not be okay for non-meat eater) it may mean the extra offering would be more minimal here since all the sides alone could make for a filling meal. It seems lots of places offer a pasta as it's easy to put together. They have a pasta dish at lunch so I could see them willing to do that.

Last edited:
I disagree that people are only suggesting she won't get fish for dinner. They actually are telling him she won't get anything unless it is for an allergy.

Here are the actual answers he got. No where do I see a suggestion that you won't get fish as a substitute but maybe they will give you something else. I see people telling him not to eat there because they will not accommodate her at all. That was what I and @roselark were responding to.

I agree with. @focusondisney LTT is a fixed, all inclusive menu at dinner. They do not have a la carts choices. If the fixed menu does not appeal to your wife you would be better at a restaurant that includes choices.

Others did suggest they make it a lunch reservation because there are fish dishes on the lunch menu but again that is still saying they won't make any accommodations at dinner.

I agree with your last statement that there will be some sort of accommodation but maybe not fish. That was part of the point of my PP. I was pointing out that they will make changes and you just had to ask. Since I don't know the actual answer to his question I couldn't say whether it would be with fish or something else. I could only give my own experience. YMMV.

I disagree that people are only suggesting she won't get fish for dinner. They actually are telling him she won't get anything unless it is for an allergy.

Here are the actual answers he got. No where do I see a suggestion that you won't get fish as a substitute but maybe they will give you something else. I see people telling him not to eat there because they will not accommodate her at all. That was what I and @roselark were responding to.
I NEVER said they would not accommodate her at all. That is your interpretation, wrongly. I didn't say anything about accommodation.
I simply stated my opinion that if someone does not like the menu at a fixed menu restaurant, perhaps they should choose somewhere else to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter