Is February miserable?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Starting to think about possible plans for school breaks next year.

Is February likely to be miserably cold? I live in NYC, so cold as a rule I'm good with - I'm just wondering if February is miserable for the parks.

Our Spring Break will be post-Easter, so it would be warmer, but April in Paris is so cliche I doubt rates would be better.

We are booked for first week of March 2024 and are wondering the same. Thinking about rebooking for late Spring for this very reason (although it will be more expensive).

It will be pretty similar to NYC weather at that time of the year. I would check to see if it is when French winter school holidays are, otherwise if it is going to be busy, better to be wait in line in nicer weather.

It shouldn't be too bad as long as you come prepared - average temperatures should see a high of about 10 C / 51 F and a low of around 4 C / 39 F. However within those averages hides a lot of variability - in the last two years the February high has reached as much as 17 C / 63 F on one day and as low as -2 C / 28 F on another, which is why it's always best to pack lots of layers in terms of clothing - you could get really lucky and have some wonderfully warm days and then at the same time it could be below freezing; it's so hard to tell in advance. Rain and snow aren't impossible, but are less likely than you'd maybe expect, but once again prepare for the possibility and you'll be fine.

Thanks!

From a report I found elsewhere I would be the week after French break.

February can go all ways, when it comes to weather. Bring layers, scarfs, hats, gloves and something for the rain.
Snow is a bit more likely in December and January, but not impossible. If it does snow, bring out the camera, the park is already the most beautiful of all 6, but in snow.... even more of a fairytale glow.

https://publicholidays.fr/
https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/

When you look at the school holidays, most of the month is a break for at least one of the regions. Region C is Paris and has a school break from 11 FEB - 25 FEB, that's the main one to look out for. However, even when it's a school break, people usually use it to escape to warmer weather. So it will be busier but not Summer or Christmas.

The biggest downside of this weather is when you decide to camp out for a prime spot for the fireworks. That's no fun at all in the cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter