• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Epcot for kids ?

Randi R.

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan a trip to WDW for us and our 2 daughters - ages 8 amd 4. Can you all tell me what would appeal to our girls in Epcot ? ( rides and restaurants )

Thanks

Randi

There is lots to do if you just look around. There are kid cot stations all around the world showcase. Just search around each country. There are also charactors in their home countries, and most of the time there is little or no wait to see them, which is better than the other theme parks! They will love Innoventions East and West because there is lots of hands on stuff to do. Epcot is one of those places you just have to walk around and explore. There is lots to do but you have to go hunting for it. It is our DS 7's favorite park if that tells you anything. You will all have a great time!

Laura

Hi. Epcot is a fabulous park. Starting with Spaceship Earth and ending with Illuminations at night! The Mexico pavillion is a lot of fun for kids...There are KidCot stations in every country where the kids can decorate masks and get a stamp in their ($10) "Passports" from the people who work there who are from those countries... There are many characters, like Belle and the Beast in France, Snow White in Germany, Mulan in China, Mary Poppins in UK... They can make their own paper in Innoventions East forestry exhibit; There is tons to do! There's also a Princess Storybook Breakfast at the Restaurant Akershus in Norway and my 7-year-old LOVES Ice Station Cool where you can sample different Coca Cola products from around the world! Enjoy! (There is tons more that I haven't mentioned)

My family loves Epcot. We have three DD's, age 10, 6 and 2 and they enjoy it. There aren't that many rides. My kids' favorites are Maelstrom (the ride in Norway), the Mexico ride, Test Track, Cranium Command, the Living Seas, the Land ride, Food Rocks. They have always enjoyed eating at Le Cellier. There is a character Meal in the Land, but we've never tried it. There is a miniature train near Germany that my kids are fascinated by. They love to stay and watch it ride through the tiny village.

They also love stopping at the Kidcot stations to make their masks, and getting their masks stamped at each country. Epcot is the best!

My DD's (then 5) second fav. ride on our trip was the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion (her first was Dumbo, of course). She and DS (then 2) also loved the Living Seas and checking things out in Innoventions, believe it or not. I think most kids find lots of things at Epcot they like although it does sometimes seem to most like a more "adult" park.:D

Ride Test Track and Mission Space. See the candy lady in Japan, the Chinese acrobats, Kristos, eat a beavertail in Canada for dessert and the breadsticks at Le Cellier and see the waterfall in Canada. See the characters with little or no lines in each country. See the character bus. Make Nestle cookies in the Land. Watch Illuminations. See the mime show in France and the comedy troupe in UK and the living statue act in Italy/France. Off Kilter musical group is one of our kids faves. Play on the viking ship in Norway and check out the mini railroad in Germany. That's all I can think of right now. We used to skip Epcot thinking it was for adults but now our kids (5 and 7) love it and we go every trip. It's big though so you may want to consider a stroller if you'll be there all day.

It is a common misperception that kids do not enjoy Epcot. My daughters, now 5 and 8, really enjoy it. We end up spending the majority of our time in this park, partially because we go during Flower and Garden show and it is so beautiful! As others have already commented there's lots to do. Watch out for the kidcot stations as once they start, they will be hooked! My oldest daughter loves Ellen's energy adventure and adored Cranium Command last year when we saw it for the first time. Test track is great for that age. Epcot is a relaxing park and being more spead out not does not get as tiring with crowds as MK.

Enjoy your trip planning- it is so much fun! Your girls are a great age so you will have a blast. Can't wait for our wonderful family vacation only a few short weeks away!

Kids do enjoy EPCOT. It may not be as stimulating as the other parks, but there are plenty of things to do and see. I think kids like the slower pace of the park. You don't feel as rushed to run here and there to see everything all at once.

My two DDs really like the street theater in Great Brittain and France. There is so much to do, they'll love it.

We have been to WDW 3 times, each time DH and I as well as our children grown to love Epcot more and more. This year both kids rated it as their second fav park behind MGM!!!:eek:

First trip they were 3 and 6, spend 2/3 of one day there, it was ok. DH and I loved it but kids only wanted MK.

Second trip they were 6 and 9. We stayed at BWI so could bop in and out of Epcot for shorter periods. Got them going on a Kidcot Mask which they loved. We did most all countries but in a hit and run fashion. Only ate in one WS resturant but they loved character lunch at Garden Grill.

Last trip (this year) they were 8 and 11 and loved Epcot. We did lots more in FW and ate in Japan, Canada and UK with them. They did passports which we did not finish because they spent so much time exploring each country.

I would recommend the following that we enjoyed with our kids:

TT, MS (DS and I didn't ride but had fun in the interactive area), the whole Imagination Pavillion, SE, Living Seas, pin trading, water fountain and street shows like Jammitors. You might try Garden Grill for lunch.

In WS, I would recommend doing either passports or masks. My kids loved the shopping booth in Japan, they spend 1/2 hour pouring over Japanese Yu-gi-oh cards and Japanese candies! Try to eat in atleast one country's sit down restaurant. Watch the shows, they are great. We loved Living Statues, French Mime, Off-Kilter, Chinese Acrobats, Japanese Drummers!

Hope you have a great time.
:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter