Is doing the Backstage Magic tour before MVMCP a good idea

cjsteiger

Mouseketeer
Background: My husband are doing a 5 day trip in November 2019 and doing lots of new things. It will be just the 2 of us and we are staying at the Poly, my bucket list! Going to MVMCP for the first time ever, i’m Soooo excited!! We are going to eat ourselves silly at the Food and Wine festival, first time!!! We have always wanted to do a tour and this is the perfect opportunity with no other family members with us.

So hubby really wants to do the backstage magic tour as he will learn lots about how it works. We love doing that!! I was thinking that we could do the tour in the morning then go to the Party in the afternoon.

What is everyone’s thoughts that have done either or both? Tour starts at 8am for 8 hours then the party is it too much?

Thank you!! Cheryl

I don't think it would be too long of a day to do the tour and the party. The tour isn't very physically taxing, it might be a relaxing and very interesting way to spend the day. I did the tour last summer and loved it. I've also done the party and your plan sounds like a perfect day to me.

OMG, I can’t imagine doing all that in 1 day! Don’t know how old you are, so maybe if you are 20 something & used to going morning til midnight, you might be fine. We are early 60s but have been going to WDW for about 27 years. We have never been park commando types so always take breaks or otherwise limit our days. We have taken many tours but have never done backstage magic. The tours all involve a LOT of walking. I am an RN & used to being on my feet all day too. With tours, you are moving at someone else’s pace, standing, catching up, maneuvering around crowds etc. It is different than touring on your own where you can stop when you want, get a drink or snack.

Add transit time to you meeting spot & your 8 hour tour time will mean a 9 hour commitment probably. I just personally can’t imagine doing that then another 5 hours at a party. But if you have the stamina for it, Enjoy!

This sounds like a fabulous trip!!!!! If you would enjoy a day that starts early and ends late, then I think this would be a perfect way to spend it. Two incredible experiences in one day! I just did the Backstage Magic tour a few weeks ago, it's not very physically taxing. The only time we walked through crowds was to get to and from lunch at Tiffins, and that wasn't a very long walk as we entered the park from a backstage area. Each stop involved a little walking and a lot of standing, but then we got to sit on the bus in between stops. The bus had snacks and cold water to help keep us comfortable. Our tour was officially from 9-4, but check-in was between 8:30 and 8:45. So it was around 7.5 hours total. Up to you if you think you would enjoy that followed by the party. Have a wonderful trip filled with lifetime memories!!

This sounds like a fabulous trip!!!!! If you would enjoy a day that starts early and ends late, then I think this would be a perfect way to spend it. Two incredible experiences in one day! I just did the Backstage Magic tour a few weeks ago, it's not very physically taxing. The only time we walked through crowds was to get to and from lunch at Tiffins, and that wasn't a very long walk as we entered the park from a backstage area. Each stop involved a little walking and a lot of standing, but then we got to sit on the bus in between stops. The bus had snacks and cold water to help keep us comfortable. Our tour was officially from 9-4, but check-in was between 8:30 and 8:45. So it was around 7.5 hours total. Up to you if you think you would enjoy that followed by the party. Have a wonderful trip filled with lifetime memories!!

May I ask if they drop you back off at Epcot when you are done..? Sorry to interject OP - we're doing this in October and I can't find an answer. :flower3:

I think it's doable but you need think about what you'll be doing before and after. You didn't say when in your 5 day trip you'll be doing this. I'm good at going for about 3 days then I start to slow down. So I'm trying hard not to do to much in one day. My friends and I are doing the Backstage Magic Tour then we'll head over to see Hoop De Do Revue then be back at the resort by 8-9pm

May I ask if they drop you back off at Epcot when you are done..? Sorry to interject OP - we're doing this in October and I can't find an answer. :flower3:

Yes, they dropped us off back at Epcot to end the tour.

And in case it's helpful - The final stop of the tour was the Utilidor tunnels, but to get there we were on a backstage road. So I don't think we could have had the option to just stay at MK and not board the bus back to Epcot, although I didn't specifically ask the tourguide that. Although come to think of it - we did receive a goody or two on the final bus ride back to Epcot. If you're a Disney fanatic like me, those goodies are worth a lot. :)

And in case it's helpful - The final stop of the tour was the Utilidor tunnels, but to get there we were on a backstage road. So I don't think we could have had the option to just stay at MK and not board the bus back to Epcot, although I didn't specifically ask the tourguide that. Although come to think of it - we did receive a goody or two on the final bus ride back to Epcot. If you're a Disney fanatic like me, those goodies are worth a lot. :)
This good to know - I swore the description said it started and finished at Magic Kingdom.

Perfect, thank you for the info! Going back isn't a big deal since its F&W anyway - was just wondering if I should be booking my FP+ for the day for a different park. :thanks:

What I have found is that if you think it will be an issue, it will...you want to be able to enjoy both activities and not run.

Like the time we did V& A and a fireworks cruise on the same night.

It isn't something I would want to do all in one day. On the day we are going to the Christmas party, we just chill out earlier in the day doing something else, then arrive on time to enter at about 4PM.

Background: My husband are doing a 5 day trip in November 2019 and doing lots of new things. It will be just the 2 of us and we are staying at the Poly, my bucket list! Going to MVMCP for the first time ever, i’m Soooo excited!! We are going to eat ourselves silly at the Food and Wine festival, first time!!! We have always wanted to do a tour and this is the perfect opportunity with no other family members with us.

So hubby really wants to do the backstage magic tour as he will learn lots about how it works. We love doing that!! I was thinking that we could do the tour in the morning then go to the Party in the afternoon.

What is everyone’s thoughts that have done either or both? Tour starts at 8am for 8 hours then the party is it too much?

Thank you!! Cheryl

Hi Cheryl-

My husband and I did just this about 10 years ago; it was a blast! What we DID do, was take a break for about 90 minutes at Columbia Harbor House between the tour and the party. We got coffee, each had a book in our backpack, and sat quietly in an out-of-the-way nook upstairs to give ourselves a breather. I would definitely do it again, and we closed the park down that night. Have a wonderful time!

On my tour they offered a TTC drop for those who didn’t want Epcot front gates. I was at GF, so TTC was a lot better. Same would be true for Epcot resorts, especially if you aren’t using ticket media for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!