Is Disney getting too disgusting to visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With things like these becoming a monthly/weekly occurence:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0191108-nslg5f4vwbgz5mdamxx4243giu-story.htmlhttps://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0191105-z65ex42y3bdgxd2crrujc6sbtu-story.htmldoes anyone else feel like Disney is just not a place you want to visit anymore, subject your children to anymore, subject yourself to anymore? I love Disney so much that it's hard to give it up, but it's feeling like it's just a quagmire of perverts. And the ones who were just arrested...might they be the ones who do security checks & barge into your room while you're dressing or in the bathroom? It already felt like an invasion of privacy (though it's easy to understand why they need checks to protect the children from what's going on there), but now it has the added dimension that the perverts are the ones forcing themselves into your room. I would have thought having a Disney employee check my room was safe enough, but now I have to wonder. And we're paying thousands for our stay here...with hundreds more toward fees, parking & otherwise. I'm starting to worry about my mental health to even want to go here!

Am I questioning visiting Disney again? Sure. But not because of this. This stuff is all around you - it's in your schools, your churches, your youth and sports clubs, at the movies, the mall, on the internet, on the streets you walk. If you're going to quit going to Disney because of stuff like this (which actually happens very rarely compared to other venues mentioned), then you might just as well stop letting your children out of your house, ever. Disney is a far safer place to be, than any of the others.

What should concern people is the removal of actual humans taking pictures with characters and other such measures which reduce points of vulnerability.

I actually had not thought about this before, but you raise a good point - these are vulnerable situations, and having people there really does add an element of protection. And I do wonder, if in light of this, Disney might possibly reconsider?

In chatting with some of the older CMs, I learned that the standards Disney uses for hiring people today are vastly different from prior requirements. In the early years they had stringent rules about appearance and behavior which have long since fallen by the wayside. Could this be a factor in what we see in the news these days? I think probably YES.

In chatting with some of the older CMs, I learned that the standards Disney uses for hiring people today are vastly different from prior requirements. In the early years they had stringent rules about appearance and behavior which have long since fallen by the wayside. Could this be a factor in what we see in the news these days? I think probably YES.

I don't agree that appearance is a driving factor for service requirements.

Ever read any.of the "Sesame Place" stories ?!
Not to make these stories seem trivial, but I feel totally safe w my kids at WDW

OP must not leave home much. Considering how many people work and visit WDW every day I would say they do much much better than most cities their size.

Disney Parks have over 157 million visitors every year and Disney World alone has over 74,000 employees. I don’t expect perfection, but I do think Disney takes these things pretty seriously and I think they do a fairly good job, but I also think there’s also room for improvement.

After what happened to Ariel, I think that it would be a good idea to consider enhancing security at the Princess meets. I think adding a few video cameras with a warning that there are video cameras would help discourage bad behavior. I also think that they should relook at their procedures with regards to how they respond to incidents with regards to Mermaid Ariel. The actress can’t just walk away when she’s wearing the fin.

No one is left alone with a character. They all have attendants, photo box or not.

I realize that, and that's good. But, one CM vs. 2-3 is definitely a bit different. Especially if that one has their back turned dealing with the line... Or do they still have someone separate to do that?

Based on the title, I thought this was going to be about the big NY sized rats in MK. :rolleyes1

Rats, perverts, whatever .... I'm still going.

I find the consistent increase in price very disgusting and that will keep me from going as often.

I’m not trivializing the linked news - that is terrible, but I wouldn’t condemn Disney for those events. They caught the people and removed them from the picture. And yes, it will happen again, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter