Is Daily Housekeeping Required at Sequoia Lodge?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
This is our first visit to DLP and our first stay at Sequoia Lodge. We are DVC members and are accustomed to not having daily housekeeping. I would prefer this.

Is daily housekeeping required or can I just put the Do Not Disturb sign out (with the assumption that there is such a sign)?

Would it be best I let them know at check in?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with this. :-)

As far as I know each room has a Do Not Disturb sign. And if it's needed... depends how much of a mess you make, I think ;)

I don't believe DLP has a trash & towel service like WDW has in certain resorts. So the only option to avoid housekeeping is to use the sign. If you put out the sign all day/stay, no cleaning at all will happen.

Just tell them at check in and put out the do not disturb sign. Im sure housekeeping will be glad have one room off their list :)

As far as I know each room has a Do Not Disturb sign. And if it's needed... depends how much of a mess you make, I think ;)

I don't believe DLP has a trash & towel service like WDW has in certain resorts. So the only option to avoid housekeeping is to use the sign. If you put out the sign all day/stay, no cleaning at all will happen.

Just tell them at check in and put out the do not disturb sign. Im sure housekeeping will be glad have one room off their list :)

Thanks! :-) I was hoping it would be fine decline the housekeeping service.

I didn't know if they are following the policy for the WDW resorts now where even if you put the sign up, they will still go in and empty the trash (at least this is their excuse to enter the room). Perhaps this is because guests in the DLP resorts (at least that's what I've been reading) have to go through security when entering the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter