Is CRT lunch worth it just to eat in castle?

goofie

Earning My Ears
HI EVERYONE!!!
We think it might be cool for the kids to eat in the castle? Seeing as there are no breakfasts available, we thought lunch would be a good substitute. Is it really beautiful in the castle?
THANKS!!!!
:sunny:

I'm sure numerous people will disagree with me but we never found the castle dining to be any thing special, just expensive.

Have taken grandkids of all ages and they felt the same way.
Everyone has their favorites but this has never been one of mine. The murals under the castle are beautiful though.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think that it's neat being inside the castle. The servers wear those cool outfits, and call you the Royal Family. The food isn't terribly expensive, so it's pretty good value for the restaurant itself. As with all the Disney restaurants, the portions are huge, and the food here is pretty good, though not necessarily memorable.
Cheers!
Heather W

We LOVE.. LOVE going to CRT's for luch.. the prices are not that bad, expecially since we split a huge portion.
Add to that you are out of the elements and into the nice A/C in a great setting, were you arent rushed!

We go there for lunch every time we spend a full day in the Kingdom... Just can not say enough good things about it!!

I love eating lunch in the castle. I often go to WDW solo (or at least MK-DH doesn't like that park), and although I usually don't like sit-down dining solo, I have loved eating lunch in the castle twice solo. Make sure the kids look out on the balcony. Last time I was there, Pan and Hook kept skipping by and waving in the windows.

If you can't get the breakfast do the lunch. My kids love being in the castle. It's always the first thing they mention when asked about their trip. The food and service have always been good the times we've been there. Try to get a seat by the window its great.

Good luck!

We actually prefer the lunch to the breakfast.We always did the breakfast there for years until we finally got tired of it and decided to try lunch instead.Now our trip doesn't feel complete without lunch in the castle.We LOVE it!!! DH and I always order Major Domo's Favorite Pie, and the kids usually have chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and corn.The desserts are really good as well. Also everytime we have ever eaten lunch here we either see Cinderella or Fairy Godmother, or sometimes both downstairs in the lobby.

Ohhh, Major Domo's Pie... that is our meal there as well...
we start with the beef vegetable soup, then ask them to make the mushroom dinner salad as a side salad for lunch ( which they ALWAYS DO, without a second thought.. Love that) and then the Major Domo Pie, and some decadant desert!! My wife and I split this meal, It's what we had our first day in the park on our Honeymoon, and what we've ordered everytime since...

ohohoh.. If you go, next time, ask youe server if you can get some "sweet potato chips".. Egads they rock!!

I enjoyed my lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was fresh and tasty. I had the mushroom salad with the berry dressing. My mom had the apricot glazed chicken. The dessert was delicious. It was a chocolate mousse layered confection. Yummy. We shared it as it was very rich.

Dh and I are going to do lunch in the castle, just to say we did it. I am not expecting too much as far as food, but I might not be back to WDW for many years, and I just have to eat inside the castle once :D

I'm glad that CRT is getting good reviews for lunch. I just booked PS for our Gotcha Day (the day we got our kids and they got us.) I want that day to be really special, so we have Cape May Cafe booked for breakfast and then CRT for a late lunch. I told them to note that on both of the PS's.

After we agreed on a time, I realized that at 3:00 last year, my DH and I were in a court in Russia having the judge rule that the kids would be ours forever. This year, at 3:00, we'll be in Cinderella's Castle. Could life be any sweeter?!? (Alright, so there is an 8-hour difference between Moscow and Orlando, but who's counting?)

My DS believes that he will be able to steal Cinderella away from Prince Charming because he is much more charming that the prince. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter