Is crime an issue walking back from Citywalk across I-4 to around Surfside and that part of I-Drive?

ZJ5/9D47

Mouseketeer
I stay off-site near Surfside and since there are no busses running after park close on weekends or Citywalk in general...walking is the only frugal option. I don’t want to spend a lot of money for a taxi or Uber.

There are a lot of discarded liquor bottles on the sidewalks coming from Universal and some homeless persons camped close to the same sidewalk.

A cop also was following me and watching as I turned at Surfside towards my hotel until I walked into my hotel. Really obvious and I don’t know how to interpret what happened. Park closed early so it was dark but still only around 8pm.

Anyone experienced or heard of any issues? I don’t care they are there and at Disneyland I’ve never had any problems, but throwing alcohol into the mix, possibly drug addictions, and it being late at night concerns me as I am a solo female traveler.

I stay off-site near Surfside and since there are no busses running after park close on weekends or Citywalk in general...walking is the only frugal option. I don’t want to spend a lot of money for a taxi or Uber.

There are a lot of discarded liquor bottles on the sidewalks coming from Universal and some homeless persons camped close to the same sidewalk.

A cop also was following me and watching as I turned at Surfside towards my hotel until I walked into my hotel. Really obvious and I don’t know how to interpret what happened. Park closed early so it was dark but still only around 8pm.

Anyone experienced or heard of any issues? I don’t care they are there and at Disneyland I’ve never had any problems, but throwing alcohol into the mix, possibly drug addictions, and it being late at night concerns me as I am a solo female traveler.

I Drive can be an interesting place at night.........

I think I’d really consider staying AT Surfside - it’s super reasonably-priced and has reliable shuttle service right from Citywalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter