Is Chef Art Smith's Homecoming good?

BriLovesDisney

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of eating dinner there after a park day at AK but we haven't heard it talked about much. Is it good? Not good?

If anyone has a better/different suggestion for a (non-buffet) dinner that would be appreciated.

Yes we enjoyed it. We have eaten there twice.

We had the pimento cheese and hush puppie appetizer, the pulled pork and fried chicken dinners. I really liked the mac n cheese too. I will say that my son and husband did not find the doughnuts to be very good but I had the chocolate cake and I liked that too.

Also we found the portions sizes to be pretty large so you will not leave hungry.

It's delicious!! We've eaten there twice. The fried chicken is seriously amazing, love the Mac & Cheese too and the hummingbird cake for dessert... Definitely recommend eating here!

Ok, so I've gotta ask....I see people write this as Homecomin', but the sign says Homecoming. Am I missing something? We don't say the "g," but we still type it that way LOL

Ok, so I've gotta ask....I see people write this as Homecomin', but the sign says Homecoming. Am I missing something? We don't say the "g," but we still type it that way LOL

Disney's website lists it as Homecomin' but I refuse to spell or say it that way LOL

Disney's website lists it as Homecomin' but I refuse to spell or say it that way LOL
See, that's why I asked! I figured people weren't adding that apostrophe on their own. I even went back and looked at my pics to verify the sign has the G. Weird. (And I can't help saying it that way......LOL)

I liked it, had fried chicken. I did not like the deviled eggs.
The drinks were very good. My 13 year old found it boring and didn't care bout the food.

See, that's why I asked! I figured people weren't adding that apostrophe on their own. I even went back and looked at my pics to verify the sign has the G. Weird. (And I can't help saying it that way......LOL)

It's my understanding that the sign was changed without notice a while after the restaurant opened and that is when the name was changed...I found this:
258s.jpg

We enjoyed our drinks - the fried chicken was good and my husband had the short ribs which are no longer on the menu...i had a side of slaw. The service was good and it was a nice evening --$28.00 for chicken and mashed potatoes is a little high, esp. with no vegetables or salad (and pickles don't really count!). I'm glad we tried it but not sure we will return with so many other options available.

We love Homecoming. The only "bad" thing we have gotten was the deviled eggs. They weren't bad; they are just a little bland. They are full eggs filled to the top, so it's an excellent portion. I am not a big fried chicken fan; I don't like bones or skin. However, the kids chicken tenders are amazing! The cocktails are some of the best on property.

Delicious; ate there for the first time last Monday. I had the fried chicken and donuts; my friend had the fried chicken with the cheddar biscuits; her mom had the fried catfish with grits; we shared a flight of moonshine and tried the moonshine cake, hummingbird cake, and donuts for dessert.

The fried chicken was excellent. The grits were the best I've ever tasted. My friend found the hushpuppies a little dry (I liked them!) and the gravy on the mashed potatoes was just so-so. The lemon moonshine was our favorite of the flight. We were too full for dessert and had to take the cakes back to our villa; they went great with coffee the following morning.

A very heavy meal and we had to take a lot of it back with us (and we are big people with hefty appetites) so I'm glad we didn't do any apps, although some of them looked great. Next time we go, I might have us split a couple apps and maybe even split two entrees between three of us. The portions are extremely generous and the food is not light.

We ate there last week and gave it really mixed reviews. My Mom got the appetizer of cheddar biscuits with Tasso ham and pimento cheese with blackberry fig jam on the side. Now these were excellent! Great combination of savory and sweet and a good value. 3 of the biscuits for $14. My Dad got the same type of appetizer only his biscuits had fried chicken thighs with hot honey drizzled over and bread and butter pickles. While not as delicious as my Moms, still pretty tasty and also a good value. My husband and I split the fried chicken dinner. $28 is pricey for 3 pieces of fried chicken and a side of mashed potatoes but it is Disney so you kind of expect it. What we didnt expect was the taste. The fried chicken tasted overwhelmingly of rosemary. We each took a couple of bites and were like.....nope! And both the waitress and manager knew immediately what the problem was going to be so I am guessing we are not the first customers to dislike it. They actually said that the recipe had already been tweaked once and some of the rosemary removed because of customer complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter