Is CBR right for us????

FreshTressa

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
We just booked the CBR with the Fairytale package for me, my husband and our kids, 4 and 6.

I was reading that the transportation from that resort was horrible and some other bad things. Should we change resorts?

Coronado springs looks okay, would it be better for us?

How about Animal Kingdom?

I don't want to do Wilderness Lodge, since I live in Washington state, right in the middle of the wilderness!

Ack, decisions decisions!

Many, many people love CBR. Transportation to CBR is not bad. I suggest you read the thread below for more information on the resort. You truly feel like you have escaped when you stay there. The tropical feeling and the beaches are great.

I was there with my DD age 7 last June.

It was just the two of us and I was little worried about how I would be able to do everything alone. But I had no trouble with CBR at all!!! I had faxed a room request three days before my check-in date asking for a room "close to all the wonderful amenities your hotel has to offer". They placed us in Martinique Building 26 which was absolutely wonderful!!! We were so close to everything, a bus stop, the main pool, the food court and even a quiet pool!!!

The food court was never terrible busy and we only waited once for a bus more than 10 minutes. We got her hair wrapped one afternoon while we were there and she LOVED the main pool.

We're staying at Coronado Springs this October (I wanted to try something new) and I'm afraid we'll be a little disappointed because things seem to be even more spread out there. (The food court and the main pool are in very different locations, so you can't be really close to both like at CBR).

You will have a great time at CBR!!!!

I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE A POST FROM SOME ONE UP IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS! WE ARE FROM DES MOINES AND ARE GOING TO BE AT THE CBR IN JULY ALSO, WHAT DATES WILL YOU BE THERE?WELL BE THERE THE 23rd THRU THE 30th.AFTER READING ABOUT ALL THE REFURBS AT THE CBR WE ARE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT STAYING THERE.JUST MYSELF AND MY 11 YEAR OLD DS. AND THEN FROM THE 26th THRU THE 30th MY 14 YEAR OLD DS WILL BE JOINING US. WE HAVE LOTS OF THINGS PLANNED FROM RENTING WATER EQUIPMENT TO JUST BEING LAZY BY THE POOL.ALSO WE THOUGHT ABOUT RENTING BIKES TO GET SOME EXERCISE TO WORK OFF ALL THE FOOD THAT WE PLAN ON EATING(WE HAVE 9 PS'S FOR THE 14 DAYS THAT WE WILL BE AT THE WORLD[ WE WILL BE STAYING ONE WEEK OFF SIGHT]. SO FROM WHAT IVE READ ON THESE BOARDS I THINK WE WILL BOTH REALLY ENJOY THE CBR. THAT SAID I HOPE YOU HAVE A MAGICAL TIME. MIMIMOM :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've stayed at the CBR. We were very pleased with it. Considering the price we got it for, it was a great deal.

The transportation was fine, the food court had a good selection, but it is a food court. It was good, but not great. It was never busy when we went there, even in the early morning when we wanted to grab a quick bite before heading to the parks.

The room itself was clean and nice. I had heard it was sort of rundown, but we didn't notice that at all. We had a wonderful maid, that left goodies each day, she even left me a b-day card with several character autographs, very nice surprise! We got to know her very well during our trip. We had no noise since we were pretty far from the main pool. They are small rooms, so be forewarned. LOL We had 2 adults and 1 teen and we often we tripping over each other. The bathroom was very tiny.

Service was fine, check-in took no longer the 20 minutes. The guest relations helped us out a lot, with a number of things we needed.

The main pool was often busy, but it was large enough that it didn't feel overly crowded. Plus at night they would often have music playing and such. Lots of fun.

The quite pools were a blessing though. We almost always had ours to ourselves. It was really nice to relax there after a day in the parks. We also had hamocks right out our door and would lay there relaxing, listening to the music from across the lake.

Our only problem was the walking distance from Aruba, which is where we were and the food court/main pool area. It was a beautiful walk, over a bride and across the island. However it was very hot and humid that year and my mom couldn't walk that far without problems. So a lot of times we just drove over.

Good luck with your choice, it's never easy! Have a wonderful trip!!
Pammy

Allow me also to put in my 2 cents in favour of CBR. We stayed there in 2001, and when we got back, we couldn't say enough nice things about it. It's beautiful, the pool is fabulous, and the island is wonderful. We never had any problem with the transportation, and Jamaica is not badly positioned for anywhere you might want to go (except the lobby).

If we havent' been back, it's only because there are other themes that intrigue us as well.

Ciao,
Mort.

I cannot comment on CBR as we've not stayed, but in honesty after staying at POR it never appealed. It always seems to have the reputation of the wicked step-sister to the other mods? But I have heard its completely remodeled and has a new sit down restaurant, so I'm sure its just fine (Disney does themes so well). For us CSR is a better mod choice (although we really love POR, w/the rehab we thought best to book CSR) -
Coronado has more ammenities than the other mods - If you like to work out they have a gym and they also have a great food court with lots of options. Everyone seems to think POR has a wonderful food court - but I don't agree (the atmosphere is great) - but the selection seems so-so, whereas CSR has lots of "stations" to cook up Mexican, Oriental, pasta or charbroiled meats for you - much better choices than the rest (this may matter if you do dine at your hotel). The Pool is great! The theme and beauty (especially at night) of this resort is more like a deluxe than a mod....IMHO..

Yay! Thanks for all the input. I think we are going to stick to the CBR. It sounds good for us.

It is also nice to see someone from around here. It seems most people from here head to SoCal and Disneyland, but I don't think it is as magical. Looks like we are going to miss you though....we aren't going to be down there until October.

We live up in Redmond and love Des Moines....they have good restaraunts and a beautiful view. We will be down there next weekend for my husbands birthday.

Have a great time!! What are you paying for airfare?

what restuarant are you taking your husband to? I booked our airfare back in february with northwest I got airfare for the three of us with a car for two weeks for $950.00 not the best but not to bad. comes out to be about $215 a piece for the airfare and about $300 for the car. Which I feel is pretty comparible. I booked before alaska started their nonstops to Orlando. I would have preferred a nonstop flight but not to many airlines offer it from here. well enjoy yourselves for your husbands Birthday and have a magical time in the world I 'll post when we get back and let everyone know what our experience was at the CBR. Mimimom

:earsboy:
We've stayed in the CBR since it opened -in fact we were there when
they were still building 3 of the 5 groups of rooms. It's our default
moderate resort -for some reason we like it better than POR (either side).

Check out the map at www.wdwig.com -go to the accomidations page.
they have a copy of the resort map there so's you can request a certain
village.

Have fun!!!
JED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter