Is Brazil Happening At World Showcase?

Am I the only one that wonders why Australia was never seriously considered? It's so far for US residents to travel to, so it would be nice to get the ability to experience the World Showcase version....perhaps it's the lack of demand for vegemite and meat pies, but an Australian BBQ restaurant could work.....and now that we are past the 80s, we don't even have to do a Paul Hogan narrated film

Am I the only one that wonders why Australia was never seriously considered? It's so far for US residents to travel to, so it would be nice to get the ability to experience the World Showcase version....perhaps it's the lack of demand for vegemite and meat pies, but an Australian BBQ restaurant could work.....and now that we are past the 80s, we don't even have to do a Paul Hogan narrated film

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't the countries have to come up with some of the funding for the pavillion? Maybe Australia wasn't interested. I think Australia is deserving as a land in AK.

The land for this rumored pavilion was conceptually supposed to be Switzerland. That would make sense being sandwiched in between Italy and Germany. I would have really liked to have seen the Matterhorn bobsled-style ride that was on the books for this land.

I'm assuming by spinners they mean attractions like Dumbo, the Flying Carpets, and Triceratops Spin

I'm assuming by spinners they mean attractions like Dumbo, the Flying Carpets, and Triceratops Spin
Not just those. Mad Tea Party is a spinner as is the carousel. Even Alien Swirling Saucers is one, although it’s a larger footprint. Kids generally like them, they don’t cost a fortune, and they don’t take up much room. Good filler attractions.

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't the countries have to come up with some of the funding for the pavillion? Maybe Australia wasn't interested. I think Australia is deserving as a land in AK.

Initially it was helped by countries or large companies in those countries helping to sponsor pavilions, but I don't know if they'd still consider it a requirement....since we haven't had a new one since 1988 who knows?

Im sad it wont have an attraction. So much to learn about Brazil. An Amazon river ride would have been amazing, or even film about all the different areas from Rio to the mines/mountains to the Amazon.

I would hope this restaurant includes some kind of carnival/capoeira dinner show, but knowing Disney it will be a typical Brazilian Steakhouse/ Churrasco and serve Grade B meats to save money and overcharge guests.

Im sad it wont have an attraction. So much to learn about Brazil. An Amazon river ride would have been amazing, or even film about all the different areas from Rio to the mines/mountains to the Amazon.

I would hope this restaurant includes some kind of carnival/capoeira dinner show, but knowing Disney it will be a typical Brazilian Steakhouse/ Churrasco and serve Grade B meats to save money and overcharge guests.

I wonder if an Amazon river ride would have felt too similar to Navi.

My family is hoping for this one too. I’ve been to Brazil 3 times and one DD has been 6 times including working there for 12 weeks.
Tudo bom?

Maybe the ride will be a 3D ride where you are standing in a queue and all of the sudden you are surrounded by chanting teenagers pushing by you to get to the head of the line before you. You'll have to fight them off and steal their flag to get them to go in another direction!

Worst. Ride. Ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!